First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which of the two of these is most likely?

Scenario 1) A 25 year old in Silicon Valley who had never even heard of the Bronco before they were assigned to the project to build the Build & Price site for the Bronco misunderstood that a Mid Package on a manual would just be missing one of the features of the package as opposed to being completely unavailable.

Scenario 2) Ford really hates manual transmissions and wants to rid the world of them. They also really don't want manual drivers to have any luxuries in them so they prevent them from adding packages. They also kick puppies.

I think we know our answer.

Occam's razor.

Chris
Sponsored

Weedwaka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR1, Mustang, Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure it is a great automatic transmission. I've also been told that the Ford/GM 10 speed automatic is a great automatic transmission. A great automatic transmission is not a replacement for a manual transmission in my world. I want what I want.
This. I have to drive these 10 speed autos all the time. I find them to be completely lifeless. I will never spend a dime on one.

WAldo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, Ford cancels the x-plan. Then, Ford tells me I need to spend 46k to get a manual with heated seats. Ford needs to offer the mid package on the lower trims. Otherwise, this could very well cause me to cancel my reservation. I started pricing manual Tacomas today. I am extremely disappointed and irritated with Ford. Ford, FIX IT!

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Which of the two of these is most likely?

Scenario 1) A 25 year old in Silicon Valley who had never even heard of the Bronco before they were assigned to the project to build the Build & Price site for the Bronco misunderstood that a Mid Package on a manual would just be missing one of the features of the package as opposed to being completely unavailable.

Scenario 2) Ford really hates manual transmissions and wants to rid the world of them. They also really don't want manual drivers to have any luxuries in them so they prevent them from adding packages. They also kick puppies.

I think we know our answer.

Occam's razor.

Chris
Im with scenario 2. Mid package is pairable with manual on the badlands(the most expensive trim you can get with manual), so itā€™s not a misunderstanding about it missing a feature, and it specifically states in the package that the remote start is only for auto trans(which is redundant if the whole package doesnā€™t work with manual), and this is far from the first vehicle with a manual trans option to have a package that has remote start and it always works that the package just has everything else but not remote start with the manual. And thereā€™s already pic posted in this thread from fords website saying mid/high/lux packages are only available with the manual trans on a badlands, hard to say that was just a Silicon Valley mistake. And ford keeps screwing the manual trans so itā€™s not a one time mistake. If this was the first thing theyā€™d done limiting the manual then sure I could maybe see it being scenario 1. But as it is, I honestly think scenario 2 is more likely.

And as far as Occamā€™s razor, much less assumptions that ford intentionally did this to try and get more manual buyers up to the highest priced trim than they just messed up only on the lower trims and added the bit about the badlands only accidentally and some Silicon Valley tech in the auto industry doesnā€™t know how a package that has remote start can work with manual when vehicles had had that option for over a decade.

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im with scenario 2. Mid package is pairable with manual on the badlands(the most expensive trim you can get with manual), so itā€™s not a misunderstanding about it missing a feature, and it specifically states in the package that the remote start is only for auto trans(which is redundant if the whole package doesnā€™t work with manual), and this is far from the first vehicle with a manual trans option to have a package that has remote start and it always works that the package just has everything else but not remote start with the manual. And thereā€™s already pic posted in this thread from fords website saying mid/high/lux packages are only available with the manual trans on a badlands, hard to say that was just a Silicon Valley mistake. And ford keeps screwing the manual trans so itā€™s not a one time mistake. If this was the first thing theyā€™d done limiting the manual then sure I could maybe see it being scenario 1. But as it is, I honestly think scenario 2 is more likely.

And as far as Occamā€™s razor, much less assumptions that ford intentionally did this to try and get more manual buyers up to the highest priced trim than they just messed up only on the lower trims and added the bit about the badlands only accidentally and some Silicon Valley tech in the auto industry doesnā€™t know how a package that has remote start can work with manual when vehicles had had that option for over a decade.

I tried replicating what you described (I used a 2 door Badlands), the adding the Mid package and finding remote start checked off with the 2.3L and 10 spd auto it switched too.

Then I tried High and Lux, and I believe it still stuck.

Then I unchecked the remote start add and tried to click it again, then it gave me the disclaimer that you can't have it with manual.

I tried choosing a different model and going back to the badlands, click Mid, go back to Exterior mods and remote start is unchecked; try to add, again disclaimer.

I tried opening Chrome, paste URL, repeat badlands, same thing in the other browser.

Tried clearing cache in Chrome (cause that's what we were doing before B&P surfaced ?(y)), then repeat to same process, no go, same disclaimer.

After all that I can't replicate again what happened the first go round; but seeing the build in the final attempt, Mid can be had with the 2.3L and manual, but with remote start not chosen as an option.
Ford Bronco No manual with mid-package bdl.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

mac62989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma Sport Access Cab, 2001 Trans AM WS6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
First, Ford cancels the x-plan. Then, Ford tells me I need to spend 46k to get a manual with heated seats. Ford needs to offer the mid package on the lower trims. Otherwise, this could very well cause me to cancel my reservation. I started pricing manual Tacomas today. I am extremely disappointed and irritated with Ford. Ford, FIX IT!
Gotta be careful, Toyota is weird with what trims they offer manuals with as well. I have an access cab sport but a manual wasn't offered on a lot of trims.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And when pricing the BB with 7-speed manual and trying to add the tube step - it makes no sense why B & P requires me to switch from the standard package to the mid package. Hopefully my Ford dealer will be able to add the tube step after purchase as an accessory item o_O .

imthewalruz

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The fact that the BP has the automatic more expensive than when you select mid package, which is clearly an error, and when you look at the Big Bend and Black Diamond on the Ford website (not BP), they list the mid package as available, except with no remote start for MTs, makes me think this is simply another amongst many BP glitches.

I'm going to wait until order time before worrying about it.

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is B&P forcing an automatic transmission when mid package is selected on non-badlands models a bug or is that a true limitation? I'm assuming B&P has the code written to force auto trans because of remote start, but hoping that feature will just go away when mid is selected with manual trans and we can still get the other features of mid package.

Sponsored

jalexa27

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is B&P forcing an automatic transmission when mid package is selected on non-badlands models a bug or is that a true limitation? I'm assuming B&P has the code written to force auto trans because of remote start, but hoping that feature will just go away when mid is selected with manual trans and we can still get the other features of mid package.
This is not a bug and is listed in the build and price guide. There is a note in the build and price guide that the badlands is the only one that can have a mid, high, or lux package added with a manual.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is not a bug and is listed in the build and price guide. There is a note in the build and price guide that the badlands is the only one that can have a mid, high, or lux package added with a manual.
Iā€™ll wager that Ford changes this to allow mid package selection with a manual. Remember, theyā€™re watching the Build and Price and will be able to adjust fire on how the customers can equip their vehicles....

jalexa27

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ll wager that Ford changes this to allow mid package selection with a manual. Remember, theyā€™re watching the Build and Price and will be able to adjust fire on how the customers can equip their vehicles....
I certainly hope they do! The only concern I see is since the mid package isn't an option, they wont be able to see the final manual configurations. Unless they start watching for the number of times someone has to change selections due to a limitation.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I reserved a Black Diamond. Today I find out that there is no manual available with the mid-package. This seems the perfect vehicle to replace my ā€˜05 Xterra Off Road (215k Miles with only a new clutch, front drive shaft and rear differential rebuild) which has gotten me anywhere Iā€™ve needed to go. The only thing missing was heated seats. If this isnā€™nt unf**ced my next vehicle will be a used Xterra. Upgrading to the BD would be plus 7k for features I donā€™t need. Fix it or goodbye Ford. Signed, prior owner of a ā€˜67 Bronco and ā€˜96 Explorer, both with a clutch.
B&P is TERRIBLE, especially on the Black Diamond. Sasquatch is over $1K higher on BD than other trims and it was supposed to be CHEAPER according to the FORD email they sent. It also kicks you out of Sasquatch if you want a brush-guard (WTF!), and when, for the love of God will they give you the Sasquatch with the stick option, much less what you say about somehow the manual can't have the mid package, though it does with the badlands which is Squatch minus the 35s. I honestly think Ford is trying to throw the game.
Sponsored