Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't mean to insult anyone that has a Wrangler but the Bronco makes it look very dated.
Almost like its a 1940s design or something.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't mean to insult anyone that has a Wrangler but the Bronco makes it look very dated.
I’ve owned 6 Wranglers and would agree 100%. That’s why I’m here ?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with most here that the Bronco isn't sitting right. Just look at the control arms. They are literally angled up. So its squatting more than it should. I bet it has something to do with preproduction spring rate + extra gear. Either way, it still has a few inches of jounce travel and obviously a boatload of rebound. Despite the look, if you have more rebound travel than jounce (assuming decent ground clearance) it will actually flex vastly better (as opposed to the other way around).

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind that is a non SAS Bronco with aftermarket 35" tires (bigger then the SAS 35" tires). Without a lift you are going to run into some major tire clearance issues off road (like having that Jeep drag you out kind of issues).
Like I stated above, I don't like this squatted look. But i'd bet that any clearance issue with a properly offset 35" (as shown) on the HOSS suspension is minor if at all. I bet they limit travel on the sasquatch (just barely) to maintain 25mm clearance at full jounce and steering lock.

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with most here that the Bronco isn't sitting right. Just look at the control arms. They are literally angled up. So its squatting more than it should. I bet it has something to do with preproduction spring rate + extra gear. Either way, it still has a few inches of jounce travel and obviously a boatload of rebound. Despite the look, if you have more rebound travel than jounce (assuming decent ground clearance) it will actually flex vastly better (as opposed to the other way around).
ive noticed the same about the control arms. There’s a video of the Ford team testing at Rubicon (IIRC) and there’s a solid 30 second shot of the LCA as the truck is in motion. It looks like the range of motion is mostly angled greater than 90deg, if you were to measure from a plumb bob dropped from the LCA bolt. Wonder what the roll center looks like on this rig...

here’s the video, starts at 2:25...

EDIT then again, look at all that down travel...

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, that's kind of the point. It's an icon. It looks like a jeep and always has. I think they both look great. Bronco looks smaller than I thought it would next to it. Not in a bad way at all.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great pic! The Bronco looks great. It desperately needs a lift though.

The challenge for Jeep is to modernize but keep the same basic style. Think Porsche 911. Same basic shape for a long, long time now.
I was thinking the electric / hybrid was going to be a perfect opportunity for that. They have to take a chance at some point. I'm sure they have thousands of updated designs.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those Broncos had sas. This Bronco does not. It just has big 'ol tires... is what he means
Actually no they didn't. The Rubicon/Moab videos were non-SAS Badlands Bronco's with 33" tires. They wanted to demonstrate a "normal" build without SAS (and I'm guessing getting more articulation). The engineers on the trail have stated the non-SAS Bronco's have more articulation (I think it was 1/2" - 1") over a SAS Bronco (I'm still not sure why since SAS has a lift built-in that you would think compensates for the larger tires). They also said they didn't use the sway bar disconnect on the Badlands (to prove they could run the trails without using it).

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, the Bronco is a fresh design... Makes me wonder when Jeep will do a slight refresh...
Sponsored