jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks so much. Super excited for my Badlands A51 lux in MGV and MIC top. Basically this exact build but with stock 33 ATs. @justinbmcbride i know the cargo area has a lot of stuff loaded in there, and it has the rack, which wraps around the backside of the rear seats...but did the cargo area seem spacious enough for road trips with a family of 4? We had estimated rear cargo depth to be as short as 33" (which is quite shallow) but its also fairly tall, which helps. So visually, did the cargo hold feel like a mid-size SUV category? Would you put it at Jeep Grand Cherokee status?

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This confirms it for me. I need the MGV interior. Going Badlands Non-Sas and then adding aftermarket 35s. I am basically rebuilding to get this rig. If I could get that interior on the WT, I would go WT....

Spitrat

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 BMW 335is,15 Chev 2500 DMax, 16 BMW R 1200 RS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.

I went and saw this vehicle at the Bronco Celebration in Townsend, TN. I talked to the Ford rep there about whether it was a Sasquatch Package or not. IT IS NOT A SASQUATCH. It is a standard Badlands with the Badlands suspension. He said and I quote, “The Sasquatch will sit higher”. Further to that point he went on to say that they measured the bottom of the frame rails on a Sasquatch and and the bottom of the frame rails on this Overland Concept and the difference was around 4 inches. Plus there is the fact that this is a Manual trans which can’t be offered with Sasquatch package as of yet. The Ford rep further confirmed this was not a full Sasquatch as the 35”s will rub on this set up on full turn lock. This truck is an accessory show piece and nothing more in my opinion

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The $2500 to add on Squatch to the Badlands gets you the Wheels , tires , wider flares AND the 4.7 rear gearing .
4.7 gearing comes with the Badlands/7-speed manual. Don't need Sasquatch for that.

Sponsored

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@justinbmcbride great job. found it more details and recorded than the doug munro video. good to hear about the vinyl seats and the views of skid plates, etc are nice to see. sad about the rock rails. one of the reasons i wanted the black diamond version. seeing how far the frame was from the body, would a frame mounted rock rail be possible without being super heavy or flexing??

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No Sasquatch (this has been confirmed by Ford) on that build and the front trail camera gets an awesome view of the back/top of the Warn winch.....
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package Capture.PNG
Did you notice the dash is also indicating "Front Camera Fault: Service Required"?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4.7 gearing comes with the Badlands/7-speed manual. Don't need Sasquatch for that.
Yep , 4.7 comes with all manuals and all sasquatch packages . You'll just be waiting longer to get a manual 2.3L w/sasquatch .

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't realize the Bronco has frameless windows until this vid. If I still lived in Chicago that would be a deal breaker (due to fun weather of rain followed by snow resulting in frozen car-popsicle that doesn't go well with windows needing to go up or down just so you can enter/exit the vehicle). Dumb. But AZ is dry and so I am thankfully not affected by this anymore....

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep , 4.7 comes with all manuals and all sasquatch packages . You'll just be waiting longer to get a manual 2.3L w/sasquatch .
4.7 only comes only Badlands manuals, but is included with all Sasquatch models.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They’re really shoving this overland model down our throats huh? I would rather they just show us achievable 2021MY rigs from the factory and let me determine what ridiculous, street-illegal gear I’ll bolt onto it.
Said this the exact moment you posted!

I would rather have them show us REAL builds or rigs... no more frankenstein concepts, prototypes or unachievable fantasy rigs...
Hey, all you guys need is a time machine!

Here in the land of reality, you're complaining about something which will exist because it does not exist right now. Like a cure for corona virus or a magical condom that actually gives you the extra 2" you need at that moment.......

Ford can show you "REAL" rigs or stop "shoving pre-production rigs down your throats" when, oh..... I don't know...... PRODUCTION IS HAPPENING. Right now Ford is doing what every manufacturer does, and get the production sorted out and ready to pump out thousands of these things per month. You don't make those corrections on the line, you make minor corrections and fine-tune assembly order on the line.

What you're really complaining about is that Ford gave you too many sneak peaks at future products and are being salty little princesses about it. The type of salt that they don't need and will think long and hard about wanting to deal with in the future as opposed to letting you see/touch the first units off the assembly line a week before ordering.

Try being happy with what they have provided that we all didn't deserve. Life is a lot better without being overly critical about things beyond your control.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4.7 only comes only Badlands manuals, but is included with all Sasquatch models.
You said that much better than I did . ??

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs