Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going 4.7 even though I am getting the 33” BFG tires with upgraded rims. I did the math and the RPM’s going at 70 MPH for 4.7 just slightly higher then going lower gear. I love the option to go 35” later without having to re-gear.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this! I think eventually I would love to get 37s but it might be overkill..

Thanks for the input made my decision easy!?
Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a forum member and carnivore, I would just like to point out that adding salt to the exterior of a piece of beef draws out the moisture in the beef. The salt then dissolves in this moisture, creating a brine that is then re-absorbed back into the beef. In this process, the lean muscle proteins in the beef are broken down, made juicier and more tender. All thanks to salt! :)

Is it odd that when I was typing that I was envisioning this juicy ribeye steak I had the other night... simple seasoning (pepper, dash of salt and just to give it an extra kick of aroma some rosemary) of course all this already pre-marinated 24 hours prior?

Thanks for making me extra hungry now...

Cholondo

Heritage
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chief Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So he had heated vinyl seats on this prototype or he didn't know it was leather.... if it's actually vinyl, why wouldn't Ford give this as an option?

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So he had heated vinyl seats on this prototype or he didn't know it was leather.... if it's actually vinyl, why wouldn't Ford give this as an option?
Those were the Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) seats that are standard on Black Diamond and Badlands (and FE). Mid package adds heated front row seats (no power though).

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good info thank you sir.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.

Ok, have someone explain this;
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package D2345973-F1F4-4BE0-AA6C-76440BE97A40

If this is true; then why is Ford promoting it?

Cholondo

Heritage
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chief Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Those were the Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) seats that are standard on Black Diamond and Badlands (and FE). Mid package adds heated front row seats (no power though).
I hope that's the case -- it's just not listed on the build and price.... it only shows heated seats on the leather, unless i'm missing it.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No Sasquatch (this has been confirmed by Ford) on that build and the front trail camera gets an awesome view of the back/top of the Warn winch.....
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package D2345973-F1F4-4BE0-AA6C-76440BE97A40
Yes, I have asked that question several times too, seems like a simple fix;
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package B50ACA5E-F207-43E2-A99B-0CE1439E08B8

Reactions: RLW

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

apparently on the ford website it says it has the sasquatch package so I am going to assume and hope for the it being a prototype thing and that the real production sas will be a bit higher.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/10/07/new-bronco-og-concept.html

Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package B50ACA5E-F207-43E2-A99B-0CE1439E08B8
Ok, this is why we can’t trust anything, because OP states

“The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here”

so, which is it

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
im pretty sure that earlier somebody confirmed that IS NOT a sasquatch and thats why it looks weird

If it is (which it isnt because they cant sell that piece of shit) , this is why they are not allowing people to load up the bronco with build and price , the front is being weighed down by the winch you can see it in the wheel wells.
The below is from the person that filmed the video.

CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went and saw this vehicle at the Bronco Celebration in Townsend, TN. I talked to the Ford rep there about whether it was a Sasquatch Package or not. IT IS NOT A SASQUATCH. It is a standard Badlands with the Badlands suspension. He said and I quote, “The Sasquatch will sit higher”. Further to that point he went on to say that they measured the bottom of the frame rails on a Sasquatch and and the bottom of the frame rails on this Overland Concept and the difference was around 4 inches. Plus there is the fact that this is a Manual trans which can’t be offered with Sasquatch package as of yet. The Ford rep further confirmed this was not a full Sasquatch as the 35”s will rub on this set up on full turn lock. This truck is an accessory show piece and nothing more in my opinion
Yep-I also asked at Townsend and got the same answers. Unless they modifed it since, it's a BL with true 35 X 12.5 tires. Tires looked stuffed in and super tight to the rock rails. Brand Manager told me the difference between BL and Sasquatch is stiffer springs and longer shockers.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, have someone explain this;
D2345973-F1F4-4BE0-AA6C-76440BE97A40.jpeg

If this is true; then why is Ford promoting it?
Ford hasn't given a full explanation but prevailing opinion is leaning towards GVWR. When adding SAS they are concerned it will put the vehicle over GVWR with the roof loaded.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Random question but for the auxiliary switches it says "auxiliary switches with front map lights". Would this mean without it we wouldn't have map lights or they'd be.. In the rear somewhere?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Random question but for the auxiliary switches it says "auxiliary switches with front map lights". Would this mean without it we wouldn't have map lights or they'd be.. In the rear somewhere?
The Aux switches replace the overhead sunglasses holder thingy.
Map lights stay where they are no matter what... not sure why they used that language. Perhaps they were trying to convey where the switches were in the vehicle.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old news,must be a slow day on Bronco stuff
Sponsored