First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST, 2013 Jeep JKU, 1979 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya let's bring back the 1980 302 w/80hp! Those were the days fellas! Hey wait a minute...I just realized the 1979 pace car edition had...WAIT FOR IT...a 2.3 turbo <rimshot>...GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY!
Wait but this year is 2020 right? Correct me if I’m wrong but does GM not make a 327 cubic inch pushrod v8 engine that puts out over 350 hp? And I think you can go down the road and buy that engine brand new today!!! Just a guess and I don’t want to give Ford too much credit here but I’m guessing a modern 302 could easily make that much. But idk your argument seems pretty solid.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait but this year is 2020 right? Correct me if I’m wrong but does GM not make a 327 cubic inch pushrod v8 engine that puts out over 350 hp? And I think you can go down the road and buy that engine brand new today!!! Just a guess and I don’t want to give Ford too much credit here but I’m guessing a modern 302 could easily make that much. But idk your argument seems pretty solid.
Wasn't an argument, but, a joke...hence the rimshot.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would much rather see a 3.5 EB than a pushrod motor. Drive a boosty boi motor and you won’t be saying you’d rather have the sound of a v8.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would much rather see a 3.5 EB than a pushrod motor. Drive a boosty boi motor and you won’t be saying you’d rather have the sound of a v8.
To each their own. I love it when the boost comes on the EB, but got-damn, I love me the sound of a V8.

The EB motors perform awesomely, but they lack in the "sounds that give me chills" department.

Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To each their own. I love it when the boost comes on the EB, but got-damn, I love me the sound of a V8.

The EB motors perform awesomely, but they lack in the "sounds that give me chills" department.
Butt dyno feels > scary sounds

I love the sounds of a lopey cam too but not as much as I love that air coming in the turbo and the wastegate. This might be where an “OK Boomer” might be sufficient. ??????