First Name
STEVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GMC SEIRRA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.

Great video, i do believe more cup holders are available in the back with leather interior.
Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great video, i do believe more cup holders are available in the back with leather interior.
Yay, another indicator that us peasants who don’t want leather, never get thirsty while driving.....

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Those were the Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) seats that are standard on Black Diamond and Badlands (and FE). Mid package adds heated front row seats (no power though).
MGV is not standard on FE. Leather trimmed Navy Pier is the ONLY interior.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.
Makes you wonder what the real diameter of the 315/70 Goodyear MT Territories are versus the 34.5" diameter 35x12.5 BFGs on this concept.

EDIT: Though I think Badlands + Lux + overland extras weight has a lot to do with it too.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ah: So the active drain is really a plug that lets water drain through the rubber floors to the passive drains that are in all the Bronco Models:

Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 10.32.42 AM

Sponsored

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MGV is not standard on FE. Leather trimmed Navy Pier is the ONLY interior.
It's actually leather trimmed marine grade vinyl (MGV) (Navy Pier), so yes it's standard and the only option. You can get the same on the Badlands (leather trimmed MGV but in black) as an option.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's actually leather trimmed marine grade vinyl (MGV) (Navy Pier), so yes it's standard and the only option. You can get the same on the Badlands (leather trimmed MGV but in black) as an option.
Doesn’t say anywhere on either the Ford Bronco site or the B&P the seats are MGV. In all cases it says “leather trimmed/vinyl”. No mention of MGV. Reps at Super Cel East said it was Outerbanks interior. No MGV.

Have you seen it say MGV somewhere?

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t say anywhere on either the Ford Bronco site or the B&P the seats are MGV. In all cases it says “leather trimmed/vinyl”. No mention of MGV. Reps at Super Cel East said it was Outerbanks interior. No MGV.

Have you seen it say MGV somewhere?
Yep, maybe you don't get "Marine Grade" with your vinyl...bummer on the FE.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks Justin for the video. It was great and I appreciate your views on the Bronco from real life perspective.

Now on to more serious matters..... The reason Ford never allows us to see the engine in these prototypes is because there is a 2.7L Twin Turbo engine in there mated with a 7 speed manual transmission and they don’t want us to get too excited yet....
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package 26CEF44F-660D-488F-8411-D0E33CD790B9

/s let the chair throwing begin

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah: So the active drain is really a plug that lets water drain through the rubber floors to the passive drains that are in all the Bronco Models:

Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package 26CEF44F-660D-488F-8411-D0E33CD790B9
I can’t see that being the case since moisture would still build up under that rubber if so. I really hope that plug physically drains to the outside

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for showing the side mirror camera's and rear tailgate camera in handle...I didn't know about these. Bummer on no cup holders in rear though. It would've been nice if the center section of the rear seat folded down into an armrest/cup holder location (or pass through for trunk area).
This may have been brought up already, I haven't gotten through all 12 pages but I seem to remember the 2dr back seat having cup holders. If memory serves, the wheel wells that pinch the seating to two people, provide a space for cup holders. Those in the backseat are going to need cold drinks since the air conditioning is hitting their toes.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The under seat ducts are missing on the two doors. Rear passengers will have to rely on the front vents.
Ha ha! More reason to have a refreshing drink back there:).

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Badlands with 33s is 1.4 inches shorter overall height than a Wildtrak (Standard Sas and Modular top at time of this spec sheet)
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package Screenshot_20201023-215309

The difference in tires is 1.7 inches. Cut that in half and it's .85 inches higher difference for just the tires.
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package Screenshot_20201101-095411~2

So that leaves .55 inches of height the Sasquatch has over the stock Badlands.

Does that come from a Sasquatch lift or does the modular top add .55 inches???

So now take a true 35" tire (Which are .6" taller /2 =.3) on a stock Badlands suspension which is already .55" lower and you get a stuffed wheel well.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A Badlands with 33s is 1.4 inches shorter overall height than a Wildtrak (Standard Sas and Modular top at time of this spec sheet)
Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package Screenshot_20201101-095411~2

The difference in tires is 1.7 inches. Cut that in half and it's .85 inches higher difference for just the tires.

So that leaves .55 inches of height the Sasquatch has over the stock Badlands.

Does that come from a Sasquatch lift or does the modular top add .55 inches???

So now take a true 35" tire (Which are .6" taller /2 =.3) on a stock Badlands suspension which is already .55" lower and you get a stuffed wheel well.
Exactly.

This is a non squatched BL. We already know that from Ford. Justin is mistaken.
Sponsored