Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a great suggestion. Wish I would have thought of it today too since we probably won't have clouds again for some time and I'd like to see the reds in differing light... Funny because I live only a couple miles from Jim Click as well.
Ok, SamR,
Don't forget to take the wife to Jim Click really, really early tomorrow morning (Sunday).You could see the colors before and after the harsh sun hits them if you are early enough. I have to work tomorrow, but I may stop by Holmes Tuttle to see if they have anything new since I practically drive right by them.
Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could not agree more on the Leadfoot Gray! It would look very sweet on the Bronco!

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, SamR,
Don't forget to take the wife to Jim Click really, really early tomorrow morning (Sunday).You could see the colors before and after the harsh sun hits them if you are early enough. I have to work tomorrow, but I may stop by Holmes Tuttle to see if they have anything new since I practically drive right by them.
Haha, I could do that but I probably won't be getting a Bronco if I get her up that early. The wife likes to sleep in on Sundays. That said we made a list of what all colors they have and what cars we can find them on last night so when we go tomorrow we don't have to check every single window sticker to see if the mustang is the one with velocity blue or the escape, etc.

I did end up swinging by after work Monday myself to see the rapid red and there's just no way to properly photograph that color! But I'm digging it.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha, I could do that but I probably won't be getting a Bronco if I get her up that early. The wife likes to sleep in on Sundays. That said we made a list of what all colors they have and what cars we can find them on last night so when we go tomorrow we don't have to check every single window sticker to see if the mustang is the one with velocity blue or the escape, etc.

I did end up swinging by after work Monday myself to see the rapid red and there's just no way to properly photograph that color! But I'm digging it.
Oh and that rapid red f150 you took a photo of is close enough to their sign that in the afternoon it casts a dark shadow over part of the truck so you can see the paint in both full sun and under shade at the same time!

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh and that rapid red f150 you took a photo of is close enough to their sign that in the afternoon it casts a dark shadow over part of the truck so you can see the paint in both full sun and under shade at the same time!
Do you agree that you HAVE to see them in person? I look at my pics and they don't look exactly right. I just really hope I can find a carbonized gray and eventually some of the "new" colors to see in person. I've been able to rule out a few after seeing them for myself.

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just wanted to add after I saw the colors in person, cyber orange is way lighter and had a way more stronger metallic flake than photos, I used to defend the name Cyber Orange but no that's definitely yellow without a doubt, but other than that velocity blue really is the only other one you should see in person as the rest just look just like the photos

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just wanted to add after I saw the colors in person, cyber orange is way lighter and had a way more stronger metallic flake than photos, I used to defend the name Cyber Orange but no that's definitely yellow without a doubt, but other than that velocity blue really is the only other one you should see in person as the rest just look just like the photos
Would it pass for the color of a glass of "orange juice" maybe? A couple people I know are convinced it's an inside joke at Ford. "Let's make O.J. White AND an actually O.J. Orange Juice color."

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you agree that you HAVE to see them in person? I look at my pics and they don't look exactly right. I just really hope I can find a carbonized gray and eventually some of the "new" colors to see in person. I've been able to rule out a few after seeing them for myself.
Oh yes, absolutely you need to see the colors in person. That's not even including weird ones like cactus gray or Area 51.

Unless you meant cactus gray and not carbonized gray they do have a f150 supercrew at jim click with carbonized gray. At least according to their website.

What vehichle has Cyber Orange on it besides the Bronco and Mach E? Or were you just at an event with one of those vehichles? I definjtely want to see that as well but if I can't get the mid package with a 7mt on the BD I'm going base which will make it a moot point..

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh yes, absolutely you need to see the colors in person. That's not even including weird ones like cactus gray or Area 51.

Unless you meant cactus gray and not carbonized gray they do have a f150 supercrew at jim click with carbonized gray. At least according to their website.

What vehichle has Cyber Orange on it besides the Bronco and Mach E? Or were you just at an event with one of those vehichles? I definjtely want to see that as well but if I can't get the mid package with a 7mt on the BD I'm going base which will make it a moot point..
I wonder if the carbonized gray was there last week. I was just strolling around looking at every frikken sticker looking for Bronco colors. Maybe I will have some free time next week to visit Jim Click again. Somebody here claimed that Explorer also comes in Carbonized Gray.

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That Rapid Red is definitely one wild color. Under heavy clouds it was almost rust and much darker than the Race Red. When the sun started to come out it almost looked the same as Race. And a few weeks ago I saw one in blinding afternoon sun and it was glowing with crazy pink and orange undertones. And yet all the pictures on Ford sites make it look like 1980's burgundy.

Sponsored

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Race Red and Ruby Red side by side. Rapid replaced Ruby and is slightly brighter.

In the shade Race looked very good but in direct sunlight Race looked orange tinted to my eye. You really can't see that in the photos.
Ford Bronco You need to see colors in person. 4F217CB4-1045-49A0-9DD0-41E8097D7BB8
Ford Bronco You need to see colors in person. CAA91748-E541-4EF8-9ADC-60DF83D1A9A5

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Race Red and Ruby Red side by side. Rapid replaced Ruby and is slightly brighter.

In the shade Race looked very good but in direct sunlight Race looked orange tinted to my eye. You really can't see that in the photos.
Ford Bronco You need to see colors in person. CAA91748-E541-4EF8-9ADC-60DF83D1A9A5
You are right about the Race Red. It has a tomato/orange look. Which could be a good thing. I'm thinking it would be easy to spot if you got stranded and the rescue crews are searching for you. Race was equally bright in sun or dark shade. It would be easy to locate.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That Rapid Red is definitely one wild color. Under heavy clouds it was almost rust and much darker than the Race Red. When the sun started to come out it almost looked the same as Race. And a few weeks ago I saw one in blinding afternoon sun and it was glowing with crazy pink and orange undertones. And yet all the pictures on Ford sites make it look like 1980's burgundy.
Pretty sure my husband's F150 is race red and it always just looks red. It's bright red. You can see it from far away.

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure my husband's F150 is race red and it always just looks red. It's bright red. You can see it from far away.
Race only looked Orange to me next to the Rapid. I saw a Race Red Mustang parked all by itself and that just looked red. But I agree about seeing it from far away. Before I even got to the dealer you could spot the two Race Red vehicles from half a block away. I am just sad that Race isn't offered on the Base.

Is your hubby's truck hard to keep clean? Does it show scratches badly?
Sponsored