-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you got a mall crawler don’t get it, if you are, sure but if you read description it only covers about 3 pieces not the whole car soooo ima
Say no

OP
OP

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always get. Worth it to me. It’s what is it worth to you.
I’m not sure what that means...
Factually and in reality, what does this product accomplish in the real world?

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not worth, barely covers The front part of the car and if it survives long enough, by the time you take it off the rest of your paint will have faded to a different shaded than the part that was covered in film. I'd recommend spending a little more and getting the whole truck ceramic coated instead. Much better even coverage and does just as good a job.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
De rigueur in Colorado. Mostly from sand for snow traction. CDOT has transitioned to liquid ice cutters, but local governments still have piles of sand. It requires regular maintenance, but done right you hardly notice it’s there.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m not sure what that means...
Factually and in reality, what does this product accomplish in the real world?
i would never get it from a dealer. Always from a proper shop. A good quality self-healing PPF (leave brand names out of it for now) will preserve your paint and prevent damage that can lead to rust/corrosion. Also if you love a clean car they can help you keep it clean longer.
On my Audi I had a lot done this year: full food, full front fenders, full front lip, mirrors, A-pillar, behind rear wheel arches and rear bumper.
As hard as paint is it scratches. This helps it and rock chips.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, get a reputable dealer to provide "healing" PPF. There are many good brands. Also, I love Ceramic coating but isn't near the protection of PPF as some people will try to tell you. It doesn't protect against stone chips etc. Ensure your dealer doesn't wash your Bronco and swirl mark the Hell out of it. Wash it properly and get good PPF on the proper areas, usually around $500. Then do a good wash, clay bar, and go with a good Ceramic coating. This allows you good hydrophobic properties so that you don't have to wax for about 2 to 3 years but that is it, it isn't a miracle.

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not worth, barely covers The front part of the car and if it survives long enough, by the time you take it off the rest of your paint will have faded to a different shaded than the part that was covered in film. I'd recommend spending a little more and getting the whole truck ceramic coated instead. Much better even coverage and does just as good a job.
Hopefully no one listens to your lies. A ceramic coating is not a replacement for PPF. PPF offers actual protection against rocks and shields your paint from scratches. Ceramic is a very thin coating...think of it like a semi-permanent wax. It gives your paint hydrophobic properties but it does not prevent scratches like some people think. The clearcoat on your paint is actually much thicker than ceramic.

PPF helps with rock chips and most protect against uv. Guess we'll see how good the Ford offering is. You can pay a shop to apply PPF and add the ceramic coating on top of the PPF yourself...lots of easy to use kits on the Internet.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one here knows a damn thing about Ford’s PPF offering, it’s purely speculative at this point. I’d be asking Ford for more information about the PPF than I would a bunch of people on the internet.

One thing I know is PPF protects against rock chips, hence why Ford installs it on the front of the vehicle where most rock chips happen. I also know Ceramic does NOT protect against anything. As great as paint and clear coat are, they aren’t perfect. Dirt gets stuck in the pores, ceramic closes those pores and makes the vehicle paint smooth. This allows dirt less opportunity to get stuck to the vehicle, allows for easier washing and ceramic is hydrophobic. I ceramic coated my challenger myself with a $50 bottle from the internet and it’s the best choice I ever made. Washing my car is easy and it always looks clean and shiny.

Reactions: sjp

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully no one listens to your lies. A ceramic coating is not a replacement for PPF. PPF offers actual protection against rocks and shields your paint from scratches. Ceramic is a very thin coating...think of it like a semi-permanent wax. It gives your paint hydrophobic properties but it does not prevent scratches like some people think. The clearcoat on your paint is actually much thicker than ceramic.

PPF helps with rock chips and most protect against uv. Guess we'll see how good the Ford offering is. You can pay a shop to apply PPF and add the ceramic coating on top of the PPF yourself...lots of easy to use kits on the Internet.

You're right, I apologize, ceramic doesn't protect from rock chips, but pretty much does everything else. Heard it in some video but I should have read more on it before i opened my mouth. Oops.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No one here knows a damn thing about Ford’s PPF offering, it’s purely speculative at this point. I’d be asking Ford for more information about the PPF than I would a bunch of people on the internet.
Lots of Ford vehicles come with small areas of PPF and if you've ever seen it the quality is nowhere near what a good shop will get you. They also detail what it covers on the Bronco. Leading edges of hood and fenders. You need a lot more than that...especially on models with painted grills.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No way is it worth it, I'd find a local shop that can do it. It'll be more at the shop for the whole car but will be worth it.
Sponsored