Sponsored

No ADM Dealerships (No Price Markup For 2021 Bronco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, you're wrong

Like I said, Bronco isn't limited production. If there's some sort of R model or Raptor or whatever, that may command a premium. But standard bronco models will be selling for MSRP, if that
Look what happened to the 2020 Explorer; up to $5250 in rebates (plus the usual $500 active mil., student, 1st responder etc) starting last October on a completely redesigned SUV before calendar year 2020! Year-end money on the hood 3 months after launch.
Might be some dealers adding $695 mud flaps and floor mats early on, and low-ball trade offers, but I suspect the market will settle things down after the "be the first one on the block" folks get theirs. It happened with the Dodge Magnum (LX body); MSRP+ add-ons, then discontinued three years later with fire sale rebates and discounts to move them off the lot.
The OEMs keep a closer eye on the franchisees these days. Get too porky with ADM or DIOs (dealer installed options) and it can affect allocation.
..."You want another Bronco R? You also need to order 3 Ecosports and 5 Transit Connects..."

Last edited:
OP
OP
HTX1811

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Totally agree and as you said the me first crowd always pays the mark up. Add greedy dealerships ADMs for the initial release. I suspect the ADMs will die off faster than the Bullitt ADMs did.

I think once they hit the lot plus 2 weeks to a month Bullitts were MSRP for the most part.

RockAltered

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 20 Volvo S60 T6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered a JLUR in December 2017. Configurator built to $54,950. I put a $1,000 deposit on it to be built my way and paid $48,640 total in March 18.
They weren't out yet and still got 11+% off. Ford needs our $ so don't think you can't get a deal. When the Raptors came out a lot of dealers added markup and some fools paid it. The guy with the $ is in control, don't forget that. Be prepared to walk. I'll see you on the trail in my TT2.7.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be 200,000 Broncos. I think initially prices will be jacked up because it’s a brand new model but otherwise they are going to be everywhere just like Mustangs and Wranglers and will be priced accordingly. I also fear they will depreciate quickly.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There will be 200,000 Broncos. I think initially prices will be jacked up because it’s a brand new model but otherwise they are going to be everywhere just like Mustangs and Wranglers and will be priced accordingly. I also fear they will depreciate quickly.
Product Product Product.
If Ford has earnestly put together a righteous vehicle as the Ranger has proven it is, they may very well hit 200k sales in calendar year 2021.
Rebates were a tool to adjust inflated inventories in the early eighties. Now they are a perpetual marketing scheme, and expected by consumers of mainstream vehicles and, let's be honest, the Bronco is a mainstream vehicle. If Ford got it right, the rebates and dealer programs will be in line with its competition. If they got it wrong and build it poorly, it will flounder like the 2020 Explorer. Even if it is technically better designed. The marketplace can be unreasonably fickle. Cadillac has some of the best vehicles GM has ever produced, but the ghost of the Cimarron still lurks.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not quite. Ford is planning on selling 200,000 'Bronco family vehicles'. That includes the ruggedized Escape aka Baby Bronco, which is probably expected to sell more volume than the BroncoBronco. Their target for BroncoBronco is likely well under 100k at least to start out with.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trucks and SUV/CUV hold their value better then cars do...mostly because their replacements are more expensiveness and people can't trade up if they owe $80K or so on a loan from two vehicles.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not quite. Ford is planning on selling 200,000 'Bronco family vehicles'. That includes the ruggedized Escape aka Baby Bronco, which is probably expected to sell more volume than the BroncoBronco. Their target for BroncoBronco is likely well under 100k at least to start out with.
Ford is going to sell more then that-that is the first year expectation between the two. The Bronco Sport will most likely steal sales from the Escape and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it sell 150K+ units.

The Bronco will be around 100-125k units a year once its fully spooled up. Maybe more.

Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are the chances dealers refuse to sell me at X-plan at launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.