Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Race only looked Orange to me next to the Rapid. I saw a Race Red Mustang parked all by itself and that just looked red. But I agree about seeing it from far away. Before I even got to the dealer you could spot the two Race Red vehicles from half a block away. I am just sad that Race isn't offered on the Base.

Is your hubby's truck hard to keep clean? Does it show scratches badly?
Race is like fire engine red. I think Rapid is slightly deeper red, but still bright like race red. We live on a dirt road, so our trucks are always dirty. It washes fine and I don't see any scratches even though he goes through brush.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Race is like fire engine red. I think Rapid is slightly deeper red, but still bright like race red. We live on a dirt road, so our trucks are always dirty. It washes fine and I don't see any scratches even though he goes through brush.
Thanks. Good things to know. Do you have a pic of the truck nice and dirty? AZ cars get dirty just sitting in your driveway. I love how the Ford website shows most of the CGI vehicles with dirt on them.
I agree, Race is Fire Engine Red.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Good things to know. Do you have a pic of the truck nice and dirty? AZ cars get dirty just sitting in your driveway. I love how the Ford website shows most of the CGI vehicles with dirt on them.
I agree, Race is Fire Engine Red.
I don't have any pics of our trucks. It's not rainy season right now, so minimal mud. We have the same problem with dirt attaching to vehicles out here!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wonder if the carbonized gray was there last week. I was just strolling around looking at every frikken sticker looking for Bronco colors. Maybe I will have some free time next week to visit Jim Click again. Somebody here claimed that Explorer also comes in Carbonized Gray.
Here is a ā€˜21 Explorer in the Carbonized Grey. Lighter than in the B&P but darker than in the picture. Rapid Red Explorer next to it as well.

Ford Bronco You need to see colors in person. 8B7080FB-02D0-44B0-BA22-E21066CD9750

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if the carbonized gray was there last week. I was just strolling around looking at every frikken sticker looking for Bronco colors. Maybe I will have some free time next week to visit Jim Click again. Somebody here claimed that Explorer also comes in Carbonized Gray.
Sorry I just realized the carbonized gray is actually "on order". I looked over the whole lot for that and antimatter blue but later realized both were not actually in stock but on order. Wife approves of rapid red though! Would still like to go back and take a peek at AMB when it gets in for fun.

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree that Race Red is crazy bright but the reason I think it might work well on a Bronco is that there is so much that isnā€™t red on a Bronco; back tire, big bumpers, hard top and I kinda want it to look like it belongs in a kidā€™s sandbox. Also since I really like the 1960 Bronco color choices (hell I like the 1980 Bronco color choices) I want a two coat simple finish that looks more period than the three coat metallic options. Also, there is no subtlety in race red. You donā€™t have to lay awake all night wondering if itā€™s really grey, or more blue, or is there hints of green, we just get -Boom- red:)

CannondaleVol

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra Crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When will the Sports hit the lots, where we can see the cross over colors?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sorry I just realized the carbonized gray is actually "on order". I looked over the whole lot for that and antimatter blue but later realized both were not actually in stock but on order. Wife approves of rapid red though! Would still like to go back and take a peek at AMB when it gets in for fun.
My dealer had a couple Carbonized Grey Explorers. These pics are in the sun. It does look a shade darker in person. All in all it's a gorgeous color, IMO.

20201030_150415.jpg
20201030_150559.jpg
20201030_150116.jpg

20201030_150100.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All this time I was never mad at Ford like so many people here. I am thrilled with what they've managed to pull off in the middle of a pandemic. But today that all changed...

I was at a different dealership than last week looking for the elusive carbonized gray in person when I saw it...

Ford is offering the Mustang in Wimbledon White!!!

It was so beautiful I almost started crying. THAT is the color white the Bronco is supposed to be. That was the color of the Ford I learned to drive on. Ford, why did you decide to torture me like that?

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When will the Sports hit the lots, where we can see the cross over colors?
They should be arriving by the time we have to order. But this year, who knows what else will go wrong. You may want to ask your local dealer if/when they are getting any. Plus, I am sure people here will be letting everybody know as soon as we see some.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lead Foot or Blue Jeans would be awesome. As would Grabber Blue.
Sponsored