Sponsored

What Will You Buy That Tows More Than 3500, Instead?

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d be lying if I told you guys I’m not considering a Jeep Gladiator Sport S with the Max Tow Package....4.10 gearing, Dana 44 Wide Axles, and Heavy Duty Engine Cooling. I drove one on Friday and loved it. They look so damn aggressive in person.

Towing capacity - 7,650 lbs
Payload - 1700 lbs

I would only need to tow like 4500 or so though. I was previously thinking Ram Rebel as a backup plan but if these crazy Gladiator deals are still around in the spring, then I may go that route for about $36k ($39k for a Willys).

The Bronco still has the #1 spot for me though...for now.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
....for many people this is about towing their boat or travel trailer to the places that they specifically bought their Bronco to go.
I agree. I don't understand why so many people can't grasp this simple reason. I don't want to have to buy and insure 2 vehicles.
It drives me crazy when people say things like, "it's an off-road vehicle, you want to tow buy a truck". Those same people are going to use their "off-road" vehicle to go to work, get groceries, etc. Shouldn't they buy a car for that?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’d be lying if I told you guys I’m not considering a Jeep Gladiator Sport S with the Max Tow Package....4.10 gearing, Dana 44 Wide Axles, and Heavy Duty Engine Cooling. I drove one on Friday and loved it. They look so damn aggressive in person.

Towing capacity - 7,650 lbs
Payload - 1700 lbs

I would only need to tow like 4500 or so though. I was previously thinking Ram Rebel as a backup plan but if these crazy Gladiator deals are still around in the spring, then I may go that route for about $36k ($39k for a Willys).

The Bronco still has the #1 spot for me though...for now.
I am in the same boat with the Bronco in the same current position. The Gladiator is actually the more practical choice, but the Bronco has the lead in my heart. Ford keeps testing that though...

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a very serious problem. This is why I won't be trading in my 2012 suburban. It will go out to pasture awaiting the call for a heavy tow. The Bronco is a freakin awesome truck, but it is purpose-built for having fun off-road. It's not going to be the single-vehicle that does it all for you and your family.

If you are looking at buying a Bronco, but need some serious tow capacity, you might want to buy a cheaper Bronco to save $$$ for a dedicated work truck or tow machine. You can build the Bronco up as time and $$$ permit.

Sponsored

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol I may buy Cayenne if Toyota doesn’t release the 300 series LandCruiser.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been wanting a fun SUV with a tow rating of 5K or better. Was hoping (and expecting) the Bronco to provide this. Back to the drawing board.

Considering the V6 (ugh) Jeep truck or the '21 Durango SRT. Part of me feels like the Jeep/Bronco climate will be much better for the consumer in a few years . . .
I’ll sell you my ram 1500 that I’m probably gonna get hosed on when I trade it for my bronco hahahah

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently running a 2014 RAM 1500 hemi. Strong as an ox, but I never tow anymore. The Bronco will be fine for my light duty kayak trailer. Anything heavier, I’ll use the 4 runner.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is a very serious problem. This is why I won't be trading in my 2012 suburban. It will go out to pasture awaiting the call for a heavy tow. The Bronco is a freakin awesome truck, but it is purpose-built for having fun off-road. It's not going to be the single-vehicle that does it all for you and your family.

If you are looking at buying a Bronco, but need some serious tow capacity, you might want to buy a cheaper Bronco to save $$$ for a dedicated work truck or tow machine. You can build the Bronco up as time and $$$ permit.
See the posts above yours for multiple explanations that people do NOT "need some serious tow capacity".
Sponsored