First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey I'm new to this and have a question for you all. After agreeing with most of you that the "partial" squatch BL overland build with 35's needs a lift, I'm wondering if having stock 33's and no lift would have comparable clearance to 35's with a 2" lift. Not ground clearance but clearance to avoid contact with the rest of the vehicle (not sure what the word is I'm looking for). I don't want any rubbing as many of you pointed out would happen with 35's and no lift.

I'm assuming I would be ok but not sure how the lift really affects the clearance. Maybe there's an inch difference between the two?

Thanks and sorry if this has been posted already..

Jeep JL Wrangler vs 2021 Ford Bronco.jpg
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been looking for ground clearance answers for a while now.
Very little clear cut conclusive evidence.

I want to know Black Diamond non Squatch ground clearance
I want to know Badlands non Squatch ground clearance.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a regular Badlands two door. That’s the wheel gap with 33 inch tires. They look different because it’s the optional mud tire instead of all terrain.

Ford Bronco Stock 33" Tire Clearance on Badlands? BB9CC76E-DEBA-4C21-B32C-000C23CD676D

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a regular Badlands two door. That’s the wheel gap with 33 inch tires. They look different because it’s the optional mud tire instead of all terrain.
I dig those 33” M/T’s. They’re like the sweet spot for tires offered with the Bronco, IMHO.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one of the pictures I posted on Measurements from SuperCel East. Thanks to @The Pope for putting in the digital markings. Hope this helps.

Link to the thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ands-w-beadlock-capable-wheels-mt-tires.6365/

1604322019195.png
Thanks everyone! Even though you made it pretty clear I just want to verify those are the standard fenders with no lift? Looks badass

I think that looks like plenty of clearance to allow for no rubbing but you all know better than I do

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dig those 33” M/T’s. They’re like the sweet spot for tires offered with the Bronco, IMHO.
Those do look really cool. I was planning on going w the 33 all terrains and upgraded wheels. Trying to maximize my gas mileage as it will be my DD

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone! Even though you made it pretty clear I just want to verify those are the standard fenders with no lift? Looks badass

I think that looks like plenty of clearance to allow for no rubbing but you all know better than I do
This is the 2 Door Badlands with upgraded Beadlock Capable wheels with upgraded MT tires on the standard Badlands suspension. There are some good videos of it from the SuperCel events.

I was actually worried that there was too much open space between the 33s with the standard suspension versus the 35s. After seeing it in person I felt that it was okay. I am going to stay with the 33s.

OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the 2 Door Badlands with upgraded Beadlock Capable wheels with upgraded MT tires on the standard Badlands suspension. There are some good videos of it from the SuperCel events.

I was actually worried that there was too much open space between the 33s with the standard suspension versus the 35s. After seeing it in person I felt that it was okay. I am going to stay with the 33s.
This is perfect. Thanks again. 33s no squatch for me! Can't frickin wait!

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those do look really cool. I was planning on going w the 33 all terrains and upgraded wheels. Trying to maximize my gas mileage as it will be my DD
Have we confirmed that's an option? Upgraded wheels and the 33 A/Ts?

I'm not going Sas because of little family members, but I do like the look of the upgraded wheels and I'm up in the air on A/Ts vs. M/Ts. The M/T does look more hybrid like and not particularly gnarly. I like it, but do want the ride to be as smooth and quiet as possible...again, for the fam.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cleveland-Native

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I'm not going Sas because of little family members, but I do like the look of the upgraded wheels and I'm up in the air on A/Ts vs. M/Ts. The M/T does look more hybrid like and not particularly gnarly. I like it, but do want the ride to be as smooth and quiet as possible...again, for the fam.
It lets me select upgraded wheels with the A/T tires on build and price so I'm hoping that's not one of the bugs

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just went to B&P and you can select the upgraded wheels and then have a choice of which 33 inch tire you would like. If you select the M/T it adds $695.

Ford Bronco Stock 33" Tire Clearance on Badlands? 1604337356130

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From someone who has driven both AT and MTs, if I'm at all worried about the ride quality should I go AT? Or does this MT look like it would still be good for a DD?

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From someone who has driven both AT and MTs, if I'm at all worried about the ride quality should I go AT? Or does this MT look like it would still be good for a DD?
Never driven on a mt, but have driven KO2 AT and they were great on streets and highway. I’ve also heard my neighbors Jeep on 35 MTs and they’re loud, but maybe that’s also because they’re 35’s.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Remember, Badlands suspension has an extra 4cm of suspension travel, so it needs that clearance in the wheel well.
Sponsored