Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I hope it is as good as the FJ Cruiser. After building an FJ and a 2014 JK, I prefer the FJ over the solid axle JK. I just hope the Bronco IFS is as robust as the Toyota.
Ford Bronco 2021 BRONCO 4-DOOR and 2-DOOR FIRST UNCOVERED LEAKED PHOTOS! 25FF0566-B442-49FD-AD69-50FD463CFBC6
Sponsored

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Go....I can take it! :) Even the KOH rigs are switching over to independent. The more I built my JK for rock crawling, the worse it was on the highway, and it was NEVER as good as the IFS for fast desert offroading
Yes they are for the advantage in the fast "flat" sections but it was quite obvious who had the edge in the rocks, which ultimately led to the win. Although this is truly not a fair comparison of the Ultra4 rigs to a FJ or the Bronco since there will be such drastic differences between the two IFS systems.

Randy H.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK, 1965 Corvair corsa, 2015 RAM
Yes they are for the advantage in the fast "flat" sections but it was quite obvious who had the edge in the rocks, which ultimately led to the win. Although this is truly not a fair comparison of the Ultra4 rigs to a FJ or the Bronco since there will be such drastic differences between the two IFS systems.
My FJ with a Fox/Camburg suspension, kept up with all the built Jeeps in Moab. I could blast down a rocky wash with one hand on the steering wheel, can't do that with my JK. I then I had a comfortable quiet ride all the way back to Las Vegas :) My JK is not fun to drive long distances, it will do it, but gotta keep both hands on the steering wheel most of the time.

Randy H.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My FJ with a Fox/Camburg suspension, kept up with all the built Jeeps in Moab. I could blast down a rocky wash with one hand on the steering wheel, can't do that with my JK. I then I had a comfortable quiet ride all the way back to Las Vegas :) My JK is not fun to drive long distances, it will do it, but gotta keep both hands on the steering wheel most of the time.
With solid axles, the better you make it for off-road, the worse it is on-road. When you build a good IFS system for off-road, it usually also gets better On-road.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Re: security with doors/top off - my EB has a locking glove box with kill switches inside so I flip the switch and the engine won't start until I flip the switches back to the right direction. A bad guy would have a hard time figuring that out because there are 2. Also, I have a locking console. There are ways to secure an open vehicle, just don't leave your purse in the back, Karen.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With solid axles, the better you make it for off-road, the worse it is on-road. When you build a good IFS system for off-road, it usually also gets better On-road.
We got a whole thread dedicated to this subject if you are interested in discussing this. Otherwise we try to keep the new threads clear of all this chassis talk

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Re: security with doors/top off - my EB has a locking glove box with kill switches inside so I flip the switch and the engine won't start until I flip the switches back to the right direction. A bad guy would have a hard time figuring that out because there are 2. Also, I have a locking console. There are ways to secure an open vehicle, just don't leave your purse in the back, Karen.
I remember something like that:
Ford Bronco 2021 BRONCO 4-DOOR and 2-DOOR FIRST UNCOVERED LEAKED PHOTOS! 1583857318624

Charlize Theron: Female
Post Apocolyptic Australia: "Southern"
Coincidence...?

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine's gonna be IFS.....couldn't give me a SFA

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

All,

I know it's fun to kill time while we wait for more drips of info, but please do so in the off-topic section. Let's keep these threads on-topic. Keep in mind some users subscribe to these threads to be alerted of new posts.

Thank you.

Sponsored

Randy H.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s pretty ironic coming from a guy with a Jeep in Moab? as an avatar. I really hope the Bronco IFS will hold up to 35”+ tires, a front locker, and Moab.

Also I’d say that solids are better in mud too. Inherent durability and no worry of tearing cv boots. Mud tore up a cv boot on my rzr one time and I had to winch my way home.
LOL, yeah I guess that is ironic. I sold the FJ in 2014 and got the JK. The guy that bought my FJ got a license plate that reads JPKILR. I was driving behind him on the freeway, while in my new Jeep.

That is my jeep in the Avatar, coming down the waterfall on Poison Spider trail in Moab.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, yeah I guess that is ironic. I sold the FJ in 2014 and got the JK. The guy that bought my FJ got a license plate that reads JPKILR. I was driving behind him on the freeway, while in my new Jeep.

That is my jeep in the Avatar, coming down the waterfall on Poison Spider trail in Moab.
Poison Spider/Golden Spike/Gold Bar Rim is probably the second set of trails I’ll take the new Bronco on. Right after Hells and Fins.

Randy H.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read that the Baby Bronco would be unveiled next month. They called it a rugged crossover????

WTH ??? Is it rugged? or a crossover?
Sponsored