First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How is this considered ok? Anyone could walk right up and easily dump something into your gas tank...
For the same reason it's OK to park with the top and doors off. Generally, people are decent. Unless you've made some enemies, no one is going to walk up and take a crap on your front seat and no one is going to pour sugar into your tank.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the Ford capless neck you need a funnel designed to unlock the top valve to even pour something into the tank. Every Ford vehicle now comes with capless necks and small white filler funnels in case you need to fill from a gas can.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With the Ford capless neck you need a funnel designed to unlock the top valve to even pour something into the tank. Every Ford vehicle now comes with capless necks and small white filler funnels in case you need to fill from a gas can.
That is very good information to know.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they want your gas they're gonna get it. They can always punch a hole in your tank. I heard that was a thing for a while.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone once poured a quart of oil I had laying in my CJ, down the fuel filler. Who knows why. Good thing I didn't have something more detrimental laying around. Mischief. Some people do odd things if given the opportunity. Try not to give them the opportunity.

hbms17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the price coming out of B&P, a fuel door that locks when the truck is locked is not a unreasonable expectation. I am not worried about someone stealing fuel. I am worried about ex-girlfriends.

Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve never even thought for 1 second about needing to lock my fuel door

but now I’m paranoid. Thanks
Paranoid? Whose asking? Welcome to the club :)

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s locked by proximity key. If doors are “locked” so is the fuel door. Once doors are “unlocked” then that allows you to push pop it open. Pretty standard on most vehicles these days.
Only if you buy the mid package. I think proximity key is the "intelligent access" in the mid package.

I have never owned a vehicle with a locking gas cap/door. I have never lost any gas or been vandalized.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if you buy the mid package. I think proximity key is the "intelligent access" in the mid package.

I have never owned a vehicle with a locking gas cap/door. I have never lost any gas or been vandalized.
not sure if this is going to be true, a guy with a 2020 Explorer or Expedition said his didn't lock and my newer loaded F150 w/ prox key doesn't have a locking fuel door, but yet my wife's '18 grand cherokee does and you must have the prox key with you in order for it to unlock.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not sure if this is going to be true, a guy with a 2020 Explorer or Expedition said his didn't lock and my newer loaded F150 w/ prox key doesn't have a locking fuel door, but yet my wife's '18 grand cherokee does and you must have the prox key with you in order for it to unlock.
I am sorry for confusion. The point I was making is that you only get the proximity key if you purchase the mid package. Do not assume because it is push button start it is a proximity key that will lock unlock vehicle.
I really don't care if my fuel door/cap locks.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am sorry for confusion. The point I was making is that you only get the proximity key if you purchase the mid package. Do not assume because it is push button start it is a proximity key that will lock unlock vehicle.
I really don't care if my fuel door/cap locks.
correct, I havent looked at the base or lower trims so I didnt know they all had push start, but yes, it would be the prox key that would be the determining factor.
Sponsored