James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Primary reason why I ordered the Outer Banks, less clashing on the exterior. But don't even get me started on the interior.
The Outer Banks and Big Bend are likely going to have the least ā€˜varietyā€™ in plastics. The Big Bend is uniformly grey plastics. Thatā€™s my choice.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford designers and theirs 50 shades of black. Someone needs to be fired!
In all likelihood, over the next few months Ford is going to get the 50-shades whittled down to 1. They are smart cookies, and they see it too.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

check it out... not a very good rendering cause i only use paint 3d but i tried
1604372301750.png

can you tell what i changed?
pretty good with paint - once you see it - you can't un see it.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I donā€™t even recognize the guy who reserved an OBX on July 13th. Iā€™ve landed on BD, the polar opposite of my reservation. I think we are all in for a wild ride. ā€œTime Stampsā€ will be loosely applied. Itā€™s all about trim specific parts availability. Day 1 reservation holders are gonna be pissed when they see someone else rolling in a Bronco long before they get theirs.
Same
I reserved an obx but landed at wildtrak. I'm a July 13th reservation holder but I'm electing to order the black hard top. So I don't know what that means. I just hope for the vehicle before October 2021!

Sponsored
OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Terrain Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why the heck did you only take one picture?
I actually went up to it first, looked inside, all around. I went back to my car to get my phone and noticed some Ford employees walking up to it. I snapped this before I drove off, right before they got there.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wildtrak has it included already. No softop option. MIC is now standard until the painted modular one comes out late in the year
Yes we all know this. Your still not getting the top for ā€œfreeā€. Its ludicrous to think Ford is giving them away. Built into the MSRP is the full price of the top. WT does have a little package deal/discount to it but you still pay for the top.

Last edited:

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Normally, I hate that expression, but since we're talking about the color brown, I'll allow it.
Ford Bronco Found a Wildtrak in Area 51 (4 Door / Soft Top) 1604413948375

Dammit, I was sold on the A51. I could live with the beige interior (might not be so hot parked in the sun) and gray mic top looks ok, but all trim should be mic. Not a mix of glossy and dull, Com' on man.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spotted this at a Ford facility today. Thoughts? I'm personally not liking the gloss black grill and mirror caps... clashes with the fender flares. Will probably clash even more with this MIC grayish roof...

Ford Bronco Found a Wildtrak in Area 51 (4 Door / Soft Top) 1604413948375
Did you photograph it through a car window? The whole photo has a blue tint.

OP
OP
jdmrc93

jdmrc93

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Terrain Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you photograph it through a car window? The whole photo has a blue tint.
Rolled it down. But didn't have much time to focus/adjust anything.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In all likelihood, over the next few months Ford is going to get the 50-shades whittled down to 1. They are smart cookies, and they see it too.
The problem is Ford has already said that will be a late availability option ie black painted hard top for that wild track, so that really does don't help
It has always been available for me to add. Of course, it is not a replacement for the provided top but an added cost accessory but, it is there.
The only soft top options I see in build and price for the wild track are (Bimini) tops, not full soft tops.

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The plant making the modular painted tops hasn't been finished yet. The Wildtrak and FE will come with the MIC Gray top unless you want to take late delivery and wait for the black painted tops. We've known this for at least a week now.
This is the first time Iā€™m hearing this about the plant making the mod top. Source? Do we know what plant/location of plant?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Day 1 reservation holders are gonna be pissed when they see someone else rolling in a Bronco long before they get theirs.
I actually see it that Day 1/2 reservation holders with popular trims (BL) will get theirs quickly since they are batched together. Unpopular trims will get minor delays since they need to go down the list to create a batch. The guys who will see big delays are BL guys that have a reservations after Day 3 when the parts bins start to dry up after the initial builds.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first time Iā€™m hearing this about the plant making the mod top. Source? Do we know what plant/location of plant?
Do a search for "Webasto" on the forum. They're the ones making the tops. The issue goes back months and we have a few members here that either work there or have connections to the situation.
Sponsored