indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone think that hardtop might be modular, meaning it comes apart in panels? I notice some grooves that might be where the panels join. Otherwise why have those grooves.

I'm visualizing what might be: driver section, passenger section, and rear section. With possibly the top removable from the rear section.
Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I'm judging from exterior dimensions it looks roomy af inside. Hoping the rear storage area can be had without carpet

mack73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender or Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone think that hardtop might be modular, meaning it comes apart in panels? I notice some grooves that might be where the panels join. Otherwise why have those grooves.

I'm visualizing what might be: driver section, passenger section, and rear section. With possibly the top removable from the rear section.
Probably the same as the wrangler, section above driver/passenger can be removed without taking the entire top off

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Check out the roof rack. Goes from the C pillar/cage point all the way to the windshield frame. It doesn't terminate on the roof like all the others.

Roof rack possibly staying in place with the top off?

Also...made for a damn good load.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably the same as the wrangler, section above driver/passenger can be removed without taking the entire top off
I think on the 4 door Wrangler though, there are the two halves which can be removed from over the driver/passenger section. But the rest of the hardtop is all one piece. On the other hand, it's possible the Bronco has a removable driver/passenger section, and also a separate removable rear seat occupant section.

Sponsored

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So, BuckedOff-Road, did you fire BroncoKong? Same trucks in same location. Hopefully he just received a stern warning.

SCFordGirl

First Name
Chantel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer XLT; 1989 Ford Bronco II XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That 2 door in the background has got me all excited!! I need a better shot of that one! No interest here in the 4 door. Ready to see some pricing too. Come one Ford!

Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Check out the roof rack. Goes from the C pillar/cage point all the way to the windshield frame. It doesn't terminate on the roof like all the others.

Roof rack possibly staying in place with the top off?

Also...made for a damn good load.
I hope so. It's something I've been pondering. I have a fishing kayak that's fairly heavy (90lbs). A lot roof racks are rated around 150lbs of carry weight. I've been curious what the Bronco factory rack will be rated at and if the removable roof will affect it.

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
First thing I think of when I see those front fender loops are the turn signal indicators on the hood of a 67-68 mustang. I’m wondering if they have lights in them for the driver to indicate that the blinker is on. T birds and Mercury’s also had these if I’m not mistaken.

Second thing that sticks out to me is how that roof rack seems to be in the way of getting the roof panels off. The rack obviously doesn’t stay on as we’ve seen this thing topless.