First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sorry if this was already asked and answered but if you get the on demand 4X4 does that give you the front locker on the BD? in the details for the advanced 4x4 it says it 'provides electronically locked power to BOTH axles'. or is that getting done without the front locker somehow.

thanks in advance if anyone knows!
b&p sasquatch pkg description: "4.7 Final Drive Ration with Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle"
Sponsored

Deleted member 14617

my only problem with rock rails are they prevent the side tubes. If I could have both I’d just add the $395 factor steps. The one you posted is nice but is more expensive than Fords rails and steps combined.
How old are your kids? My son was 3 when we got our F150, 35" tires, and a 4" lift. I was amazed to find that he could climb into it. He's average sized. Our truck doesn't have any rails or steps or anything.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How old are your kids? My son was 3 when we got our F150, 35" tires, and a 4" lift. I was amazed to find that he could climb into it. He's average sized. Our truck doesn't have any rails or steps or anything.
My sons 7 and will have to learn to climb if I can’t get steps, my mothers 80 so I may have to pick her up. Honestly it could be a moot point by the time I actually get into one. Lol

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my only problem with rock rails are they prevent the side tubes. If I could have both I’d just add the $395 factor steps. The one you posted is nice but is more expensive than Fords rails and steps combined.
The “side tubes” destroy the looks of that truck. Those rock rails are doing you a favor.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
sorry if this was already asked and answered but if you get the on demand 4X4 does that give you the front locker on the BD? in the details for the advanced 4x4 it says it 'provides electronically locked power to BOTH axles'. or is that getting done without the front locker somehow.

thanks in advance if anyone knows!
Sending power to an axle, and having said axle use that power effectively , are *not* the same things!

The BD rear locker/ front open and optional Advanced transfer case combination will work best cost effectively with +90% of users.

This is because open differentials combined with computerized traction control work best in snow/ice/rain slick unpaved roads and improved trails.
The optional Advanced transfer case on the BD, which will optimize the power split front/ rear will get you through the worst winter crap and deep mud.
For +90% of hardest trails, a rear locker will get you over the tough spots.

You really only need the added front locker in the Sasquatch/Badlands/Wildtrack for that last 5% or so VS rear locker/ ATC combo of the BD.

ETA: locking the front axle in snow/ice/mud will cause the vehicle to NOT TURN! You will go straight into the ditch, even after turning the wheel all the way!

Even turning at crawl speeds on rocks with the front axle locked, reduces your turn radius.
The front locker should only be used as needed, then immediately disengaged.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 14617

My sons 7 and will have to learn to climb if I can’t get steps, my mothers 80 so I may have to pick her up. Honestly it could be a moot point by the time I actually get into one. Lol
Well, your son should hopefully be fine. My son loved climbing into the F150 and he was not especially athletic or anything. And you just need a nice stepladder for your mom, that you can stuff in the back or on top. My mom is 83 and lives in DC, so I doubt she'll be flying out here in a year or two. But she enjoys riding in a lifted vehicle, so I hope she does come.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stupid question..

I’ve been building out 2 door BB vs 2 door BD, both squatch. I can’t figure out why you can add the roof rails and sound deadening to the HT to the BB but you can’t add the sound deadening to the BD?
If the BD is the step up in trims why couldn’t you add this simple feature?
Things that make you go huh...

Wen

Black Diamond
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sending power to an axle, and having said axle use that power effectively , are *not* the same things!

The BD rear locker/ front open and optional Advanced transfer case combination will work best cost effectively with +90% of users.

This is because open differentials combined with computerized traction control work best in snow/ice/rain slick unpaved roads and improved trails.
The optional Advanced transfer case on the BD, which will optimize the power split front/ rear will get you through the worst winter crap and deep mud.
For +90% of hardest trails, a rear locker will get you over the tough spots.

You really only need the added front locker in the Sasquatch/Badlands/Wildtrack for that last 5% or so VS rear locker/ ATC combo of the BD.

ETA: locking the front axle in snow/ice/mud will cause the vehicle to NOT TURN! You will go straight into the ditch, even after turning the wheel all the way!

Even turning at crawl speeds on rocks with the front axle locked, reduces your turn radius.
The front locker should only be used as needed, then immediately disengaged.
thanks for that explanation man, makes sense. based on that. i dont think i really need the advanced transfer case here in California with my worst roads being the beach lol i dont really go in snow and it doesnt rain that much here anymore. unless you want to convince me that i really need it for 800 bucks lol

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
thanks for that explanation man, makes sense. based on that. i dont think i really need the advanced transfer case here in California with my worst roads being the beach lol i dont really go in snow and it doesnt rain that much here anymore. unless you want to convince me that i really need it for 800 bucks lol
One word: Resale.

2nd line: the Raptors use the ATC.
if you ever want to play out in the desert or mud like they do, here's your $800 anti up.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the "new" B&P almost, ALMOST lured me back to the Big Bend but was not quite successful (due to the cost of the Capable or Modular bumper). Big Bend you are a tease and a temptress but I am sticking with the Black Diamond hotness.

Edit--
It was close, before the bumpers I was about $1500 shy of the BD build. At that difference it was a close call. Since the Capable bumper had fog lights in it, and cool shackles, figured I would check it out. However, that brought me to within $500. For $500 more I could get the MGV (possibly more durable but definitely easier to clean up) and rock rails (to cover up the pinch welds on the rockets). That visual value brought me back to BD.
judging by the 360 view pictures the BD looks miles better than BB seating. The cloth seats to me just look cheap. I have seen and felt the mgv in person and it is excellent.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am getting BD but I need more stats on ride heights to know if I am doing the sasquatch or not.
I do not want the extra weight of 35" tires... I also know that mud tires are dog shit on wet pavement and in snow.

I do not care about the extra locker - however I want to know just how many inches taller the sas suspension is vs the normal BD suspension

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am getting BD but I need more stats on ride heights to know if I am doing the sasquatch or not.
I do not want the extra weight of 35" tires... I also know that mud tires are dog shit on wet pavement and in snow.

I do not care about the extra locker - however I want to know just how many inches taller the sas suspension is vs the normal BD suspension
BD doesn't come with mud tires ( all terrain ) and neither does the squatch ( max terrain ).