Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Jeep forums are hilarious about discussing the Bronco. They do everything they can to say that the Bronco is not a Jeep competitor because it has IFS. I even asked if the Chevy 2500 pickup is not a competitor to the Ram 2500 and F-250 because of the lack of solid front axle and they said yes. Also the Gladiator isn’t a competitor to the Tacoma/ranger either.

?‍♂
They are probably laughing their asses off at us in this forum with all the threads complaining about grey tops (which is roughly 100% of the threads here). The IFS argument is silly to me, but some Jeepers think rock crawling is the sole purpose for these vehicles. They even wear their shitty steering and terrible on-road manners as a badge of pride....ok bruh. Cool.... (Yikes.....)
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. The longer wheel base and additional 8 inches of body length definitely make the 2 door Bronco less “stubby” looking than the Jeep. I was all set on a 4 door but the last month or so, I’m a 2 door convert, especially since base 4 door isn’t available with manual.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whenever we see a pair of 2-doors together (Bronco & Wrangler) i'm always shocked at how short the wheelbase is for Wrangler. Probably a ton of fun off road with that wheelbase, and horrific at all other times.

For those who have driven a 2-door Wrangler much, was it a problem for you and do you think the Bronco 2-door wheelbase will be a better overall package?
I drove a 2DR Wrangler for about 5 yrs, off and on. It's a fun vehicle performs well in stressful situations (gives confidence you can get out of said stressful situations). Always drove manuals and enjoyed the hill assist feature on the newer 2015.
Having said that, with any kind of lift, it always felt wobbly. In high winds...Fugetabowtit.

I think whether 2DR or 4DR Bronco-it'll feel more stable just based on wheelbase alone.

As for the overall package, I had a bunch of options on both the 97 Wrangler and the 2015, but the 97 by far looked better. Something to do with the beltline sitting lower, making the whole package come together nicely. Every Wrangler from 2007 to now looks awkward, not to mention the cramped interior.

The Bronco just has a better presence, better proportions, 2DR or 4DR and I look forward to it. The fenders are pushed out over the tires more which should provide much more room.

Sponsored

JAM

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So do those rock rails extend far enough out to prevent door scratches from careless people parking next to you in a parking lot?

When someone opens their door too far, I’d prefer they only hit the rock rail, and not my Bronco.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s the Same thing I will be getting minus the roof rack and might change from cyber orange to cactus gray or velocity blue still undecided can’t get a good feel for cyber orange I don’t like when it looks yellow
Beautiful sunny day here in Lee's Summit, MO. Drove by a Cyber Orange Mustang and almost rear ended the person in front of me! Man it looked good, and definitely orange not yellow. I hollered at my wife to look and she rolled her eyes.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for posting!! I was going with a BL because I thought that the stance of the BD would be lacking. Not true. Pics show that BD looks good with those 32's. I'll need aftermarket wheels though.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove a 2DR Wrangler for about 5 yrs, off and on. It's a fun vehicle performs well in stressful situations (gives confidence you can get out of said stressful situations). Always drove manuals and enjoyed the hill assist feature on the newer 2015.
Having said that, with any kind of lift, it always felt wobbly. In high winds...Fugetabowtit.

I think whether 2DR or 4DR Bronco-it'll feel more stable just based on wheelbase alone.

As for the overall package, I had a bunch of options on both the 97 Wrangler and the 2015, but the 97 by far looked better. Something to do with the beltline sitting lower, making the whole package come together nicely. Every Wrangler from 2007 to now looks awkward, not to mention the cramped interior.

The Bronco just has a better presence, better proportions, 2DR or 4DR and I look forward to it. The fenders are pushed out over the tires more which should provide much more room.
Let me ask you, are you going manual or automatic transmission - and why?

Sponsored

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whenever we see a pair of 2-doors together (Bronco & Wrangler) i'm always shocked at how short the wheelbase is for Wrangler. Probably a ton of fun off road with that wheelbase, and horrific at all other times.

For those who have driven a 2-door Wrangler much, was it a problem for you and do you think the Bronco 2-door wheelbase will be a better overall package?
They sure are fun offroad, have a 2018 2 door JL Rubicon. I have driven Jeeps for years going back to a CJ7, I really like how the my JL drives. Also have a Q5 and will pick the Jeep over that every time. Teaching the daughter how to drive and she actually prefers the Jeep as well.

I do believe the Bronco will handle better on road with the longer wheel base and IFS, but do not believe it will be as capable as my Rubi offroad. Which isn't a big deal since it will handle everything I plan to do with it. Guess we will not know for sure until the Broncos get out in the real world for people to use.

Always loved the old Broncos and Jeeps, will be keeping my Jeep so will have one of each. Will end up driving whichever one the daughter doesn't take.

Last edited:

Muleskinner

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not gonna lie. That Wrangler looks great. I sold my JKU recently and will be selling my JK before taking delivery on my new Bronco, but you can see why Jeeps are so popular from this post.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me ask you, are you going manual or automatic transmission - and why?
I'm going auto because my wife agreed to sell her 4Runner to do this deal and she needs to drive it on ice and snow, which is a bit tricky with a manual.

If I was single and living in the lower 48-manual because you get more control over acceleration, handling, etc.