Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm probably opposite of most here. Seeing these pics has me worried that the BD is as tall as the Rubi in seat height. I'm looking for lower, not taller. I hope I'm wrong, else I may be in the Sport crowd. :(
Mr. Joe, no shame in the BS Badlands with Badlands option package. IMO, it is the only viable BS trim. You won't be running the Rubicon, but you'll have a blast getting out in the wild.
Sponsored

jaekim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 ZHP
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Ford gives the option for LED front and rear then I really think BD is the way to go.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just being honest, the Jeep looks a lot better. The all plastic grille, gray MIC, and small tires kill it. I’m almost positive that most unbiased people would agree.

It’s also unfair because that’s a top level Rubicon vs. a bottom level bronco. Would like to see a Badlands next to a Rubi.
Dirt.

Bronco's missing dirt.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

F7398649-FE0C-4D2A-9A33-BEC665561B4E.jpeg

I love this site and my Bronco will be one hundred times better based on the knowledge I have gained here but I think tire size discussion often goes off the rails. I think the 70s Baja Bronco probably had stock 31” tires and it is the coolest damn vehicle on the planet. Many of us on this forum are not in an arms race with Jeep for Bro bragging rites. I get that my stock BD will probably not be capable of running the Rubicon Trail but at fifty I will be happy to stay on the 80 percent of the trails I can handle with 32s. That’s all. Kids carry on.
Wow. That's a sick ride!

Blue, white, orange - very neat
Wheels/Tires look great too

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F7398649-FE0C-4D2A-9A33-BEC665561B4E.jpeg

I love this site and my Bronco will be one hundred times better based on the knowledge I have gained here but I think tire size discussion often goes off the rails. I think the 70s Baja Bronco probably had stock 31” tires and it is the coolest damn vehicle on the planet. Many of us on this forum are not in an arms race with Jeep for Bro bragging rites. I get that my stock BD will probably not be capable of running the Rubicon Trail but at fifty I will be happy to stay on the 80 percent of the trails I can handle with 32s. That’s all. Kids carry on.
I agree with most of your comments, but will point out this rig looks amazing because the wheels are smaller and it's lifted quite a bit.
My FSB ('96) rides on 15s which makes my 33s snow tires look massive. If I lifted it, the proportions would be almost perfect. Because it's a FSB, anything smaller than 32s (my current summer tires) would look odd. If I had a 70s Bronco, then yes, smaller tires would look fine-the whole vehicle is smaller.

Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So those wheels are the same size as the optional black steelies? So what size tires are on there? Would throwing on 33" tires be possible?

X-

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what do we think the chances are that those optional BD wheels have the same 7.5” width as the steelies? I would assume it would be the same. (maybe @LEGEND can break out his tape measure ?)

I really like those wheels but 7.5” is right at the small side of the recommended wheel width for most 285s that I would eventually upgrade to. Since I don’t like the bulged tires look, I don’t want to pay $1k for 7.5” wide wheels.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You cant get the LED lights on the BD, correct?

X-

pacsun82

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 Supercrew 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
velocity blue roof, oxford white top and upper half and cyber orange bottom...pls someone with computer skills make it happen!!!

Sponsored

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
correct, with the optional wheels you can get on the bd
1604616305455.png

edit, @Philly beat me to it
Is there a spec sheet available or does anyone have an idea what size tires we'd be able to swap to on these optional Black Diamond wheels? I'd like to try getting close the the squatch-sized tires on these wheels, somewhere in the 305-315/34" or 35" range if possible.

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What was the 4dr like? Did it seem like excess room and too long?

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of 7.5 or 8" 285 and 315 will fit the wheel fine. just depends on how much clearance in the wheel wells
Yeah I figured this would be a concern trying to stuff 35's on a non-squatched black diamond. No lift will have it looking like that area 51 overland build floating around the forums. I thought about trying to save a bit by getting the optional wheels and putting aftermarket squatchy tires on it, but I'll need the lift too so I may be better off just going with the squatch package.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regardless of 7.5 or 8" 285 and 315 will fit the wheel fine. just depends on how much clearance in the wheel wells
Might want to check the wheel width range on those 315s. 8” looks like the smallest of recommended size with 9.5 nominal for most brands.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might want to check the wheel width range on those 315s. 8” looks like the smallest of recommended size with 9.5 nominal for most brands.
I found this spec sheet, and it looks like the standard wheels on the on black diamond are 7.5" and I'd assume the optional wheels are the same. I agree it might be tricky finding squatchy tires that'll fit that wheel.
Sponsored

Attachments