First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think people tend to over exaggerate long term loans. On a 45k vehicle and a 60 month 3% loan you pay $3500 in interest. Same vehicle but 4% loan over 72 months you pay $2000 more.

it’s not nothing but it’s not OMG you can’t afford this vehicle! As long as you’re going to keep it for longer than the loan term and you’re ok with the extra interest it’s fine. Especially on a new vehicle. Interest rates are so low you can make more in the market anyways.

People also forget to mention that the average interest rate on cars used to be 10-15%. With a rate that high you would want the shortest term possible.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noted several times on this forum don't buy into the hype, it's just a vehicle. A lot more people buy new vehicles than really should, it's an unwise financial move for almost everyone. Wait a year or 18 months after they hit the streets, there'll be many lightly used ones available. Yes, they probably won't depreciate as much as most vehicles, but a lightly used one will still be a much smarter buy than a new one. A vehicle is way down the list of the important things in life.
Did this with our 17 escape...got a super deal. We bought it in 17 used with just under 3k miles...like 2,900 miles. We got it for 10k under the price new...we had shopped around and knew the prices and we were just like we have to do this one for the deal alone. Got super lucky on this one price and mileage wise the finance guy was a little shocked when I showed them comps after the sales was signed and done...he knew they could have sold for more after that.

Unfortunately, I/we dont have the time this go around but I do plan on keeping for 20+yrs so at that point over the yrs it becomes less and less.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one
Proceeds to tell us what's in the driveway and then is concerned about other people's spending habits? Where have I seen this one before?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got of the phone with my dealer in California. I asked them to see what the lease rates are for the Bronco Sport just to see how they line up and make a guesstimate for the Bronco. She had a Bronco Sport on order for someone that was $39,070 she added x-plan to it and for a 3 year lease with $8000 down the payment was still $420 a month! That is insane. If the lease rates are really that high for Bronco that sucks bad. I love Ford but I won't buy a first release vehicle from them ever.....I'll lease it and test it out and then decide if I want to keep it. I am still going to order but i am going in it knowing the dealership might end up with my ride.

Sponsored
OP
OP

motman243

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got of the phone with my dealer in California. I asked them to see what the lease rates are for the Bronco Sport just to see how they line up and make a guesstimate for the Bronco. She had a Bronco Sport on order for someone that was $39,070 she added x-plan to it and for a 3 year lease with $8000 down the payment was still $420 a month! That is insane. If the lease rates are really that high for Bronco that sucks bad. I love Ford but I won't buy a first release vehicle from them ever.....I'll lease it and test it out and then decide if I want to keep it. I am still going to order but i am going in it knowing the dealership might end up with my ride.
What Sport?? Is that a FE or what?

Why would you be putting $8k down on a lease? Do you get that money back??

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My B&P was just under $40k, which is a pretty standard price for a brand new mid-trim SUV. I’m not sure how much you thought it was going to be. I plan to sell my current vehicle privately and put a big chunk of cash down on it. Credit union interest rates are pretty low. I’m not expecting a crazy payment.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had a Black Diamon reserved. Was thinking it would be around $600/month tops.

I realized the build and price calculator automatically factors in 10% downpayment and slowly realized this is not going to happen for me.

I am young and make pretty good money. I have two cars, an F150 ecoboost and a 2SS Camaro. I was going to sell both to pay for the Bronco if needed. But $700/month for a car is outrageous. Even the base model with any extras puts you over $600 a month with no down payment and excellent credit for a 60 or 72 month loan. Seeing as I don't even have a family yet, there is no way I would ever be able or willing to swing this.

Anyone else coming to this realization too? It kinda sucks. If 4x4 is your thing and that's what you want to spend all your money on, then this is probably a pretty decent option. But I am worried a lot of people might spread themselves a little thin with this one. I am going to keep my older cars and enjoy the best of both worlds. To all of you who are committed and/or have the luxury of affording such a beautiful piece of machinery, I wish you the best! Enjoy it for me.
I pretty much figured at $600-700 a month. I can afford it, but that doesn't mean I haven't been saving as much as possible and cutting back on stuff so that I can put more down so that my payments are in the $500 range. If you really want it then cut back on all the useless crap we all buy and start saving more. So save more, get rid of one of your cars if they are all not needed and you should be fine. Also the 5% interest rate they estimate is high unless your credit is crap

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a Bronco Sport Badlands. She just picked a Bronco Sport that just sold to see what lease deals might be like for the full sized Bronco. *I* didn't do anything, lol. It was just to show how bad lease deals are on Bronco as of this moment.

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Nope. Money down on a lease is just pre=paying the lease cost to get a smaller monthly payment.

BMW allows putting down multiple security deposits which lowers the money factor so you get a lower payment, and you get that money back at end of lease.

Never put money down on a lease. You don't get it back. Plus if the vehicle is wrecked, Poof! That money is gone.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It just doesn't make any sense to me when the Bronco Sport has a multiple of the exact same features for $10k less. I understand the offroading side of things comes at a cost for production and as well as R&D, but wouldn't you think the happy medium would be a bit more within reach for someone with an above average income? These prices seem like they are out of reach for A LOT of people.
Yeah, but the engine is a toddler toy engine.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is the sport a Renegade competitor!?! Those are selling new for like $20-25k (as an economy car should be priced...) with big discounts off the very inflated MSRP. That is nauseating and hope the buyer isn't confused between Bronco and Bronco Sport ( as they are not remotely the same thing or in same class).

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the sport a Renegade competitor!?! Those are selling new for like $20-25k (as an economy car should be priced...) with big discounts off the very inflated MSRP. That is nauseating and hope the buyer isn't confused between Bronco and Bronco Sport ( as they are not remotely the same thing or in same class).
I would consider the Sport to be a Cherokee competitor.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When B&P released the sticker shock became real,I think the convertion estimates may end up lower then ford was thinking.
I'm not sure I understand the sticker shock portion of that statement - if anyone did any bit of homework at all, looking at comparably equipped Jeeps would have given a reasonable indication of what it would cost. I priced out a fully loaded rubicon and fully expected my build price to be close - it was. So sticker shock = unrealistic expectation and no research from the sound of it.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The calculator also doesn’t figure taxes, which is anywhere from $2,000-$5,000 depending on your State.

I’m in your same boat, once x-plan dropped and then seeing the build prices and payment and then figure in taxes, even with $12k down i’m looking at $550 a month for 72 months for my $47k built Outer Banks.

For $47k I can get a decent used truck AND a Razor Turbo or Offroad beast of some sort.
that used truck has already depreciated, too. don't have to take as big a hit on that.

Ok, Gamecock.
is this the next generation?

*not related to previous quotes*
i am having a serious issue with self constraint trying not to bring politics in this thread. to the person who said "ok boomer" who was talking about teen daughter wanting a new jeep, you can't expect someone else to get something for you just because YOU want it. there is this thing called work and you have to do it sometimes. i am not a boomer, this came from a late gen z
Sponsored