First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The engine we beat Ford with was a Bone Stock GM LT 1 road engine.
All of our road legal vehicles including the one we beat Ford with are NHTSA and EPA compliant.
I stand corrected.

Yet another reason the cost of Fords program is a non-question.

Easy to say you spent less when you pluck an already built race truck off the line and drop a crate engine in it.

Also, let's not forget the most important part of any race machine. The loose nut behind the wheel.

Wish you, and everybody, the best out there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jim Glickenhaus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCG Boot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I stand corrected.

Yet another reason the cost of Fords program is a non-question.

Easy to say you spent less when you pluck an already built race truck off the line and drop a crate engine in it.

Also, let's not forget the most important part of any race machine. The loose nut behind the wheel.

Wish you, and everybody, the best out there.
Thanks!
No we took a road Boot, registered with a real license plate as The Glickenhaus it is, with it's base engine, which is 410 HP less than it's optional road legal LT5 engine, removed the windshield, added required by SCORE race safety items, drive it to Ensenada, raced the Baja 1000, won class 2 and then drive home. Ford used Top drivers including one who has won The Baja 1000. Even a top driver can not win against a much faster vehicle. As he said after the race on TV: "Today The Baja got us".

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will be stronger than they were last year.
It will be a good race.
yup, can't wait to see it. may the best team win.
Our race engine is a road legal LT 1 and our road engines are LT 4's and LT5 all of which are used in GM vehicles. We're both using road car engines, Ford spent a lot more on their race truck than we did and last year they lost by 271 miles and unlike us weren't able to drive home. This year they're spending a lot to try to beat us. They will be faster but personally, unless we break or crash I don't think Ford has a chance in round two. I agree our road legal examples are apples to potatoes but our race trucks are apple to apples. Next year as we'll offer a road legal version of our Boot with 840HP and 1050NM of torque I think they'll have even less of a chance to beat us. The Bronco is wonderful. For the money it's a great value. That said the laws of physics remain in place. A race truck with a honking V8 and 22 inches of suspension travel will usually beat a race truck with a TTV6 and 15 inches of suspension travel.
do you know why they dnf? i heard it was cause they got in an accident but couldn't be sure...

Jim Glickenhaus

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SCG Boot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
yup, can't wait to see it. may the best team win.

do you know why they dnf? i heard it was cause they got in an accident but couldn't be sure...
They were very slow. They stopped several limes for various repairs. They timed out. We finished 271 miles ahead of them

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco got hit by a trophy truck in a wash i believe early on. This damaged tranny lines. They had problem after problem thereafter.... ultimately broke a front LCA made by Geiser.

I suspect Jim/James will take the win again. The boot is a performance vehicle(racecar) from the beginning. The Bronco is a street truck made racecar.

OP
OP
TeocaliMG

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had a flat. Running again we'll pass the Bronco in about 20 minutes
Its been more than 20 minutes... ;)

Good luck out there! Hope I can do something like this someday!

Sponsored

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Boot is well on its way! Though, the Bronco is doing much better than last year!

7:38am Est

Ford Bronco Bronco R in action, BAJA 1000 Baja1000_738amEst
Sponsored