Sponsored

Is anyone considering waiting for the Warthog instead of getting a BL or WC when Ford starts shipping them?

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am personally an eager beaver and will not be waiting, despite the appeal of the Warthog (not to mention the price, assuming its more expensive,, the BL I'm ordering will already stretch my budget a bit), but I'm guessing that some of y'all are going to want the Warthog and have the patience to wait.
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No, I am not going to wait. I want one desperately though. My expectation is that demand will be insane and I am not willing to put down thousands over MSRP to get one. If they are reservation eligible (some new process) or on the lots at MSRP, I will trade in.

My bigger dilemma is to buy two Broncos now (His/Hers) or to wait for the Warthog for the second Bronco.

I am also thinking about a F150 Raptor as the second vehicle. The Bronco doesn't solve my hauling needs (fishing gear) but I can make it work. A Raptor would fix that problem.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah the Raptor is a really appealing vehicle in its own right, I considered one too but I really like the idea of a manual, and I'll make more use out of a trail/camping truck than a Baja style runner anyway... but they're just so darned cool. Anyway, I'm very excited about the Badlands but I like the idea of maybe trading for the Warthog in a few years

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I decided to wait on the Warthog. Not crazy about the current build options and really would like a more powerful engine. I like the raptors but not in the market for a pickup truck. Mine is more of a family hauler.

I'm at that age where I want to buy what I want instead of compromising. I plan on the truck lasting me at least 10 years so going to go all out and just do it right the first time.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can't wait, already been waiting to long. But in a couple years I will consider trading in my 2021 Bronco in on a 2023 Warthog.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I’m not waiting for a $90k Bronco or any SUV in that price range.

While trucks have a lot of uses and a topless manual 2 Dr Basemansquatch Bronco is going to be alot of fun on the beach, once price hits $50k I start to look at cars. Fast cars.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No.

Wait another year and pay MORE money?

Warthog/Raptor is just ADM directly to Ford, ain't it?

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If we get info on a launch date for the Warthog and if it's a year-ish after the WT and BL models roll off of the line, I will wait for the Warthog. I want to spend the money once and am the type that would be envious the first time I pulled up next to one on the road/trail (for better or for worse)

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I intend to buy a Badlands and trade for a warthog as long as it comes in a 2 door. Hopefully my Badlands will still be a very hot ticket so I won’t get beat up too bad on a trade in a year or two. I have a 2019 Raptor Supercab that I love and am keeping.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends. If they show it and all it’s features before the ‘21 order gets finalized then it’s a good possibility.

But not if we’re in the dark on what it is

Sponsored

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting loaded WT to daily and if the Braptor comes out I’ll trade in. Nice part about a loaded model the trade in will still be there.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
waiting for the warthhog has been my plan since day 1. plan on keeping it forever, as long as ford performance delivers and they usually do

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I assume it'll be $70k+. As sick as it will be I wouldn't pony up at that price. I'm already looking at mid $50s for a BL and that's going to be way more than i need in an off road vehicle already
Sponsored