Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In this thread even...
That’s the hd, I was referring to the other one. Just curious if it doesn’t have the top wings on it or if it’s a true stubby like the rubicon when you take the caps off.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something along these lines
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper 94B1A224-DD8A-4705-9EEA-C1BEF2290155

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thought is to use the pre-wired overhead switches included in the mid package for aftermarket fogs.
Yeah, there’s that option but I’ve already got those switches planned for something specific and don’t want to throw a set of aftermarket fogs into the mix.

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am still hoping to go with WT, I want a White one but with the interior multicolor mess right now nervous... With that said, both Ford bumpers with the winch block the 360 camera, the front view looks about 50% covered. The tube bars also look like they are just bolted on to the bumper and would not take a hit well?

I like the WT and like that the least expensive bumper is standard on it. I will go aftermarket since I am hoping to find a mean ars looking bumper that I can mount LED lights on and has a receiver hitch. With a receiver hitch on the front and back with the tow package, I can carry hitch mounted winch only when I am off-roading and get out of trouble forward or backwards. I live in the desert (Tahoe, Nevada) and carry the pull-pal (land anchor) since there are not many trees in a good line for a winch, also the washouts on the washboard roads can get to be 3 feet across and 3 feet deep where you have to pull yourself through diagonally.

Still hoping Ford will release a new B&P and Dealer Ordering System that will for late delivery items where we can order what we want at MSRP but the end of January.

dudleyln

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Chevy Traverse / 98 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah... but it's Fog Lights... and the OEM switch... and the Harness... and dashboard/vehicle integration....

Just to cross reference things here. The Bronco Parts and Accessories Guide came out.

While it is a CGI image, the Bronco they picked for the cover is a Badlands rocking a bunch of accessories, including the "Capable Bumper."

My intention is to spec the Capable bumper on a Badlands, just for the OEM Fog functionality, and eventually replace the bumper with an aftermarket one when they become available.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-guide-including-pricing-part-numbers.8249/
Ford Bronco Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper 94B1A224-DD8A-4705-9EEA-C1BEF2290155
My intention as well but not available on BL.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, there’s that option but I’ve already got those switches planned for something specific and don’t want to throw a set of aftermarket fogs into the mix.
These vehicles will no doubt be individualized for each owner. What do you already have planned for those switches?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These vehicles will no doubt be individualized for each owner. What do you already have planned for those switches?
Without getting way off track, I have emergency lighting in my vehicle, and proper form would be to not mix a fog light switch that would be regularly used with the ones that activate the Red/Blues.

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without getting way off track, I have emergency lighting in my vehicle, and proper form would be to not mix a fog light switch that would be regularly used with the ones that activate the Red/Blues.
Having operated a fire command vehicle for years, having the controls out of the way and possibly being able to use the dashboard mount system for the radio will come in handy. Can you order a pursuit engine for your Bronco?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having operated a fire command vehicle for years, having the controls out of the way and possibly being able to use the dashboard mount system for the radio will come in handy. Can you order a pursuit engine for your Bronco?
I'm usually in a take-home... but I'm also cross discipline and high enough in the chain that I am permitted to run lights in my POV for the times I'm not in an agency vehicle... which sounds cool to most people, but actually means I'm never actually *not* at work... Whomp whomp.

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on Ford, .....with order date fast approaching, how is a customer to decide on these two bumper options. Ford doesn't even tell you what material the "capable bumper" is made of and whether the fog lights come with it or not.
Being under an accessory, the dealer may have to paint this "capable bumper".

At least tell us the material its made of.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Come on Ford, .....with order date fast approaching, how is a customer to decide on these two bumper options. Ford doesn't even tell you what material the "capable bumper" is made of and whether the fog lights come with it or not.
Being under an accessory, the dealer may have to paint this "capable bumper".

At least tell us the material its made of.

Yeah for me, I ruled out the HD Modular as soon as we realized that you lose the fog lights (and most likely the entire wiring). Then I saw this Capable bumper that did nothing but raise a bunch of unanswered questions... but one thing is for sure.. they want $1k for it and it still doesn't come with a rear metal bumper.

So for me, pretty sure that 1k or close to it will get me an aftermarket and "for that reason I'm out" :)
Sponsored