Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally wanted a BD. Then changed my mind to BL. I have no need for a BL. I won't be rock crawling. I just wanted it. The wife was on the fence until I asked her. " When you take the Bronco to exercise class, do you want it to look better or puny next to the rubicons that the other ladies drive?" That sealed the deal for the BL.
Ha, ha! I love it.
Sometimes boys underestimate how competitive women are because it looks different than when boys compete. (Like how some of you boys don't understand that you HAVE to send the flowers to her work so she can brag how much better her man is than the other ones.)

She not only needs the BL, it needs to have the Lux package so the other girls are super jealous when it's her turn to drive to Starbucks.??
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
Absolutely. I can confidently say with 99% certainty I'd never use the sway bar disconnect on the roads I drive.... but the option sure is cool, ha.

When the B&P tool launched I initially started a Base model and then went to Big Bend and kept building each model until I was satisfied with a Badlands. I'm single with no kids, make a decent wage and can comfortably afford the 2 door Badlands build I want (B&P figure is around $51K--but I'll be financing at much, much less by the time I get it considering I reserved early November).

If you keep your vehicles for the long run and can afford it, go for the splurge man.

Ice_GopherFC

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an 05 Ranger; 95 Dakota; 2017 Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stock headlights are LEDs, you don't have to get "signature" to get LED headlights, it will only matter in the rear, and even then you can always by the OEM ones and install them afterward for far cheaper than a package upgrade.

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The stock headlights are LEDs, you don't have to get "signature" to get LED headlights, it will only matter in the rear, and even then you can always by the OEM ones and install them afterward for far cheaper than a package upgrade.
I know. I just happen to prefer the look of the signature LEDs...both the front and the rear. Also...as much as I hate to admit it, I'm not that dude who will buy aftermarket parts and install them later to save money, no matter how much sense that makes.

That's why I'm gonna just get what I want now...and smile everytime I walk up to it! ?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will only matter in the rear? Really? Lol
And nothing else matters. Get you some METALLICA!

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, thank you for your service!

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well the stickers came in. (Garage Fridge needed coverage). Guess there’s no coming back from Squatchin now. It’s a lifestyle choice at this point. By the way @StephensAutoCenter , these are the only dealer “tags” I’ve ever considered sporting!

06266D6C-08FD-4D97-8C41-89B9E0094E2E.jpeg

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base ManSquatch... whether I intend to buy groceries or drive it off a cliff is irrelevant, I'm getting it!

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im getting a badlands and quite frankly don’t need the sway bar disconnect. I want the black leather interior and lux package and that’s the only way to get those two things. Steel bumpers are great whether you off road or not. They come in handy big time in accidents. At the end of the day, they are all just trucks/suvs. Some snobs here want to make people feel like they aren’t worthy of certain features but those people are idiots. I had a challenger before this that had nearly 500hp. Did I need that much HP? Of course not, but I needed a vehicle so I got one I liked.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on what you consider overkill. Wife's everyday driver and our family wheeler/overlander is a 2015 4Runner Trail Premium, on Bilstein 6112/5160's, 33's, some armor, and other small mods. That's what we take family camping and fishing, to the sand dunes, and long distance mild wheeling.

Originally had planned on a 2 door Black Diamond, 2.3/7-speed, sasquatch with not a whole lot of options. However, with some of the disappointment with features we will be losing from our current 2015 4Runner, color options, and the late/questionable availability of the Mansquatch, we are now looking at a Badlands with the optional beadlocks and the lux package. Overall I am very frustrated with Ford in this endeavor, we have been watching this since it was rumored. The interior color options are terrible, especially after spending months drooling over the colors in the pre production reveal vehicles, and so many items we cant get until 2022 is a bit maddening. Its an enthusiast vehicle, and they have massive hype, but unfortunately I am a perfect example of why Ford doesn't care. Even though this is the first, and probably only vehicle I will ever order, we are still settling on what we want and still buying it. Very sad that this is the reality, but if you want a first year, guess you just have to settle sometimes.
Settling for a "Badlands with the optional beadlocks and the lux package"? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I am ecstatic about my new Badlands 2.7 w/beadlocks. Would I prefer something other than orange stitching? Maybe? There are an infinite number of option/color permutations possible in a vehicle like this. Everyone on this forum seems to be "disappointed", "upset", "frustrated", "very sad", "maddened", etc. Everyone says Ford "doesn't care", "chose terrible options", "delayed some options until 2022". How on Earth could a manufacturer perfectly satisfy everyone's taste for color? Why should they make all the best components available at the cheapest price point?

Sorry to say it, but posts like yours bring me down and I'm sick of them! Perhaps you should cancel your reservation and keep your Toyota?

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Settling for a "Badlands with the optional beadlocks and the lux package"? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

I am ecstatic about my new Badlands 2.7 w/beadlocks. Would I prefer something other than orange stitching? Maybe? There are an infinite number of option/color permutations possible in a vehicle like this. Everyone on this forum seems to be "disappointed", "upset", "frustrated", "very sad", "maddened", etc. Everyone says Ford "doesn't care", "chose terrible options", "delayed some options until 2022". How on Earth could a manufacturer perfectly satisfy everyone's taste for color? Why should they make all the best components available at the cheapest price point?

Sorry to say it, but posts like yours bring me down and I'm sick of them! Perhaps you should cancel your reservation and keep your Toyota?
Exactly. If you want a handmade vehicle built totally to your own personal preferences, spend 1/2 million on a Rolls Royce. I've read people bitching about orange stitching. Seriously? They are obviously people who have never ordered a factory built vehicle...

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in a similar boat. My build is $55k. I drive 80 highway miles Monday-Friday. I am going to spend $50-60k on something, and I have wondered whether the bronco is the best vehicle in this price range for what I need to do. My wife has a newer navigator, and I have a 2018 traverse. I have hated the traverse since buying it. I am in construction, but don’t haul materials or tools. I have a really narrow window of vehicles I can drive. Fun, capable, domestic, not too expensive. At this point, I am planning on ordering, but still find myself looking at other vehicles.
You might want to consider waiting until next year and see what comes of the rumored hybrid Bronco.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only overkill element is the height, which is why I'm not crotching it

Hopefully they'll have aftermarket soft tops by then, only thing it needs to be perfect

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Currently on BD, more than enough for my needs. Now looking at BL, definitely way over my needs, but what cool features! $5k difference in my builds.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.

I, like many others have the same conundrum. On one hand I don't want to save a little and regret not getting the full options available, and on the other hand, I don't want to regret spending over $60K on something that looks cool and is used primarily like a car.
It's a tough decision.

I doubt there are many that would spend this kind of money on a 4X4 and use it much for four wheeling.

I want (not need) the Wildtrack, because I can configure it with everything I want, but my build price is just over $60K. Add my WA state tax and licensing fees, and it's going to be over $66K. Even if I put down $30K down and finance the rest, I'm looking at over $1000 a month for 3 years!!! Ouch! I see the resale value dropping fast on most Ford vehicles, even on Bronco, once there are many on the road and the hype has settled down.

I see my options as:

1- Settle for a different model and configuration to keep the price under $50K
2- Wait a couple of years when Ford offers better lease options or rebates on Bronco
3- Go with another SUV (2021 4Runner)
4- Wait a year for Tesla Cybertruck and get a dual motor version. With $7500 tax break (to be reinstated soon) it will be less than $60K, faster, more economical, and tougher than any gas SUV.

It's a tough one to decide, especially with the current forecast of economy and pandemic going on.
Sponsored