Sponsored

Anyone interested in getting together for a New England purchase at a single dealer?

Arkeisios

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So what's going on with the NE Bronco folks.... were is everyone planning to migrate for the best deal
Still waiting to see if a dealer in mass will come up with something. Brewster in Ny is doing invoice.
Sponsored

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what's going on with the NE Bronco folks.... were is everyone planning to migrate for the best deal
I heard about the Brewster NY deal at invoice. It'd be great to hear from Chris (@Massbronco) at Acton Ford on any plans they have.

Arkeisios

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Parrett , @NHCheef , @jimmycarter , @VTNOLE2

Just a suggestion if you will indulge..

If it were someone to do that approaching our store:

1. I would ask for the
  2. Fleet Manager
  3. Internet Manager
  4. Sales Manager
  5. General Manager
  6. Owner

In that order to see who you have to work with first..

Then have a prospective list of Reservations willing to move to them...

Ask what is available form them:
  • MSRP - Window Sticker
  • Invoice -
  • Invoice minus some $$ -
  • X plan availability -
  • any other temptations that may get offered.
Has anyone started conversation like this with their dealer?

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got another email on the topic from @Massbronco Chris at Acton Ford. Still no plans to offer a Granger-like deal. :(

But his responsiveness has been encouraging.

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone tell me how many people are willing to do this? It looks like 48 on the list.

Sponsored

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how taxes work if we live in Mass and buy through the Brewster NY dealership? In other words, would taxes offset the potential difference between MSRP at a Mass dealership and invoice price through the NY dealership?

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know how taxes work if we live in Mass and buy through the Brewster NY dealership? In other words, would taxes offset the potential difference between MSRP at a Mass dealership and invoice price through the NY dealership?
[/QUOTE

If you buy out of state, you will pay Mass sales tax when you register here. No way to avoid the the tax collectah.

Arkeisios

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone tell me how many people are willing to do this? It looks like 48 on the list.
Bertbronco, I think we're all willing to switch.
It doesn't sound like we've found a dealership in NE to work with. Bowers in CT is mentioned in another thread.

Can we contact our dealers as outlined by @Grainger and report back? Maybe we could track responsiveness on the spreadsheet.......

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You shouldn’t pay NY taxes as an out-of-state purchaser (There may be an additional NY form you fill out, dealer should be familiar with it if there is).

When you return home and go to title and register the vehicle in MA, they will charge you MA tax based on the actual purchase price at that time. (whatever you paid after they subtracted a trade-in amount. So $30k car with a $8k trade means they’ll calculate taxes off $22k paid).

This is a very typical situation for out of state purchases. In the rare instance you are charged tax in the purchase state, you only would owe your home state the difference if your local tax rate is higher.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You shouldn’t pay NY taxes as an out-of-state purchaser (There may be an additional NY form you fill out, dealer should be familiar with it if there is).

When you return home and go to title and register the vehicle in MA, they will charge you MA tax based on the actual purchase price (so whatever you paid after they subtracted a trade-in amount).

This is a very typical situation for out of state purchases. In the rare instance you are charged tax in the purchase state, you only would owe the different in your home state if the tax rate is higher there.
Thanks. This is helpful. In other words, I wouldn't be taxed twice, so the drive would be worth it for a discount.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are in NE Bowen’s Ford in Eastford CT is mostly likely closer than Brewster in NY. They are offing invoice and a $175 fee. Contact John Bowen. I switched to them a couple weeks ago.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. This is helpful. In other words, I wouldn't be taxed twice, so the drive would be worth it for a discount.
Correct.

One thing to keep in mind when purchasing out of state if you’ve never done it:

Some people don’t have the tax/title/registration money on hand, so they prefer to roll those fees into their financing.

This is “easier” for in-state purchases since it’s basically one transaction (tax, title, registration is just another line item of your Bill of Sale) and everything is handled in house.

Out of state dealers are often willing to calculate these fees for your home state, add it to your financing, and then hand you a check made out to your home state RMV to use when you return home and go to title and register.

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are in NE Bowen’s Ford in Eastford CT is mostly likely closer than Brewster in NY. They are offing invoice and a $175 fee. Contact John Bowen. I switched to them a couple weeks ago.
Thanks!

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct.

One thing to keep in mind when purchasing out of state if you’ve never done it:

Some people don’t have the tax/title/registration money on hand, so they prefer to roll those fees into their financing.

This is “easier” for in-state purchases since it’s basically one transaction (tax, title, registration is just another line item of your Bill of Sale) and everything is handled in house.

Out of state dealers are often willing to calculate these fees for your home state, add it to your financing, and then hand you a check made out to your home state RMV to use when you return home and go to title and register.
Awesome. Thanks again!

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thing to consider is the total price of the Bronco for taxes. For example, with Granger's $1000 (or $2000) below invoice deal, that will lower the out the door price of the Bronco, which means lower sales tax in MA. I'm entertaining the possibility of shipping the Bronco from Iowa to MA, but I'll still save money overall with the Granger deal and lower sales tax, even factoring the shipping costs.

Just food for thought since dealerships in the MA area are sticking to MSRP at the minimum.
Sponsored