Sponsored

Is anyone considering waiting for the Warthog instead of getting a BL or WC when Ford starts shipping them?

glacierbear

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS 7, Ram 3500, Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plan on getting outer banks (for black/brown interior) and then option it up to wild track. Once after market industry releases Upper Control Arms and better coil overs, will be adding them. Suspect ride will be far better then factory with several more inches of wheel travel. As far as motors, I have the twin turbo 4 in my wrangler and it is very strong, so I suspect that the larger v6 will make the Bronco plenty fast. My last bronco had a 351 and was a dog compared to new motors. Not to mention it sucked down fuel like an OPEC crack addict.
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I am not going to wait. I want one desperately though. My expectation is that demand will be insane and I am not willing to put down thousands over MSRP to get one. If they are reservation eligible (some new process) or on the lots at MSRP, I will trade in.

My bigger dilemma is to buy two Broncos now (His/Hers) or to wait for the Warthog for the second Bronco.

I am also thinking about a F150 Raptor as the second vehicle. The Bronco doesn't solve my hauling needs (fishing gear) but I can make it work. A Raptor would fix that problem.
Wow a his and hers is a great idea. The bronco we reserved in July will be my wife’s daily driver but I do 97% of the driving so I’ll still be behind the wheel quite often.we’ll have my ‘18 accord paid off before the warthog arrives. Still may wait until the new bronco is paid off to get it...... but you definitely got me reconsidering getting an XLT Roush F-150?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I decided to wait on the Warthog. Not crazy about the current build options and really would like a more powerful engine. I like the raptors but not in the market for a pickup truck. Mine is more of a family hauler.

I'm at that age where I want to buy what I want instead of compromising. I plan on the truck lasting me at least 10 years so going to go all out and just do it right the first time.
Raptor would be a much better family hauler than a Bronco/warthog

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Definitely waiting. Hopefully not until 2023 though.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personal car advice question for you:
  1. I have 2 kids (4 and 2 years old).
  2. I have a new XC90 for family / dog hauling.
  3. I had leased a 340i to wait for the new M3, which is now decidedly hideous, and after turning in the lease I now no longer have any second car at all, so I've got to get something eventually.
I thought a Bronco would be cool and fun, and give us space and utility for life. In my heart though, I want something that feels special. Ideally I'd have a safari 911 or something ridiculous like that.

Question: Does your 991 feel special (even next to the Ferrari)? Would you cram/ cut your kids' legs off to keep it?

I've got the saw ready... I could, but probably shouldn't spend over $70k- would want a manual, potentially convertible. I bounce between a Bronco, 991, GT350, etc. all day long. If the kids weren't in the picture, I'd probably just do a Boxster.

OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I’m not waiting for a $90k Bronco or any SUV in that price range.

While trucks have a lot of uses and a topless manual 2 Dr Basemansquatch Bronco is going to be alot of fun on the beach, once price hits $50k I start to look at cars. Fast cars.
I do too lol, 50k goes a long way in the fast cars department

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m 50/50 right now. Looking at overlanding my F150 and waiting for a 2022 or 2023 MY.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not waiting simply because I am just under my max budget with a loaded two door badlands. I am sure the Warthog will offer a bigger engine and more power, and I will definitely be jealous, but I don't need it and it's not worth overextending myself to get it.

Also, I do not expect the Warthog to come in a two door variant and that's a must for me. I think this because it is supposed to be a desert runner type vehicle so it will hand much better at high speeds with the longer wheel base.

On another note, the 392 Wrangler will only come in a four door variant. I think this is because that much power on a short wheel base is just waiting for a rollover. Ford probably has the same thought in mind and also will only need the long wheelbase four door to compete with Jeep's 392 Wrangler.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadlandsBroncoBen

BadlandsBroncoBen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Outback, 2015 Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personal car advice question for you:
  1. I have 2 kids (4 and 2 years old).
  2. I have a new XC90 for family / dog hauling.
  3. I had leased a 340i to wait for the new M3, which is now decidedly hideous, and after turning in the lease I now no longer have any second car at all, so I've got to get something eventually.
I thought a Bronco would be cool and fun, and give us space and utility for life. In my heart though, I want something that feels special. Ideally I'd have a safari 911 or something ridiculous like that.

Question: Does your 991 feel special (even next to the Ferrari)? Would you cram/ cut your kids' legs off to keep it?

I've got the saw ready... I could, but probably shouldn't spend over $70k- would want a manual, potentially convertible. I bounce between a Bronco, 991, GT350, etc. all day long. If the kids weren't in the picture, I'd probably just do a Boxster.
get out of my head! very similar situation over here... was also considering waiting for the new M3, but that hideous new kidney grill is a huge, giant turnoff. That's what led me to reserve a bronco. The more I think about it, the more excited I am about a different kind of enthusiast driving. I love fast cars, and have had a few, but I'm ready for a new sort of adventure I think, and the ability to move the kids around a little easier is really appealing (even though they claim they would be happy with another sports car with a cramped back seat)

Deleted member 15966

I am also thinking about a F150 Raptor as the second vehicle. The Bronco doesn't solve my hauling needs (fishing gear) but I can make it work. A Raptor would fix that problem.
Keeping my Raptor for the same reason. Especially since there's no indication the Warthog will pull the boat!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No because its probably gonna be 4 door only.
Sponsored