David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 14 month old now and another baby on the way due this spring (21'). Am I crazy for even considering a two door?? I keep telling myself I have to go with the four door, but something about a 2 door keeps pulling me toward that. Getting the babies (rear facing) in and out is going to be pretty tough (if at all possible) unless the top is off and I could maybe pull them out the sides or back. Once they are both facing forward it will be much easier but still going to be tougher then a four door I am thinking. This wont be my main vehicle as I have a fusion I commute in but would use it on the weekends and some week days. Any one out there driving around a Wrangler 2 Door with kids??
Sponsored

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning to buy a 2dr too and I have two young little boy under 6 years old. It's my DD and weekend but my girl friend have a 4dr vehicle. Am I crazy too?

gmcul8r

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told by my older sisters when I had my 1st child ('03) that I HAD to sell my 2dr Wrangler ('99) for safety and practicality. I did,,,, and in hindsight I didn't need to. For the few times I would have needed to put kids in the back, it would have been totally fine. They also told me I needed to buy my wife a minivan,,,,,,, that part I definitely didn't listen to!

Now that I think about it, I actually got rid of my 2dr Jeep and bought a '92 GMC Typhoon with 2 doors. Get the 2 door!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got 3 in car seats and Iā€™ve taken them out of my wifeā€™s suv maybe once. Her ride is the family car and my truck is all mine.

Sponsored

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Id say your nuts for considering the 4 if you want the 2. Im in same boat. Id rather save my money then buy a 4. Be a man, have a back ache for a few years, down some ibuprofen, and live classy.

CO0LHand

Badlands
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With kids a 4door is awesome but if you have another 'family' vehicle it's less of an issue if you make sure that vehicles are avail when needed. Especially with younger kids. As they age they can wear regular seatbelts but the car seat stage is brutal with 2dr vehicles.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2door wrangler and there is zero chance I could safely and easily get an infant into a rear facing carseat without the soft top folded down.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 5g Bronco with young kids and car seats and it sucked. Hard to get in, hard to get out, hard to buckle the kids in, terrible for quick trips. There is a reason the Bronco went away. There is a reason so few Jeeps are sold in 2dr configuration, there is a reason coupes have almost totally disappeared. They are impractical and almost entirely a style issue. That said they look way better :) I disliked my 2dr so much, even the dogs are getting the 4dr.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My problem with having car seats in the 2 door and ease of getting them in and out is lets just say I am on the round side and 4 door will be way easier haha

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 14 month old now and another baby on the way due this spring (21'). Am I crazy for even considering a two door?? I keep telling myself I have to go with the four door, but something about a 2 door keeps pulling me toward that. Getting the babies (rear facing) in and out is going to be pretty tough (if at all possible) unless the top is off and I could maybe pull them out the sides or back. Once they are both facing forward it will be much easier but still going to be tougher then a four door I am thinking. This wont be my main vehicle as I have a fusion I commute in but would use it on the weekends and some week days. Any one out there driving around a Wrangler 2 Door with kids??
My mother drove a 67 Oldsmobile 442 (2 door muscle car) when I was a 15 months old. One day she was putting me in the car and she dropped me and gashed my head on the the rear portion of the front seat rail or something. I am not as she told me about it when I asked about a forehead scar. Basically, I recommend the 4 door for consideration.

Last edited:

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a camaro when my kids were younger (2013 SS) and the wife had the suv family hauler. the occasional times they were in my car we made it work! they're not in car seats that many years!

Musicalfisherman

Badlands
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 5 kids and a 2 door wrangler (part of the reason Iā€™m getting a 4 door Bronco). Havenā€™t had a car seat for a while, but thereā€™s no way in hell I would want to mess with an infant car seat in a 2 door. My youngest is 14 and itā€™s a pain in the ass to get them in and out of back when the top is off.
That being said, if you want the two door bad enough youā€™ll do what it takes to make it work. My sister in law has 2 kids and a 2 door Jeep. She said the car is for her, sheā€™ll never own a 4 door, and she made it work for the last 8 years.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 3 and 11 year old. ZERO chance I'd even attempt life with a 2 door.
Why? I have a 7 year old and 11 year old and I'm doing a 2 door. We have another SUV for a vehicle too, but still this shouldn't be an issue.
Sponsored