Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I added some color to the Brewster Cut Off Date on the 1st post. If you do get an exact date (@Johnny Mo ) let me know and I will update as well.

Also sent an email to the GM @ Ditschman Ford (Flemington, NJ). Original email was sent to the Sales Manager over there. Will update if I hear back from either of them.
Sponsored

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Before we know it we be ordering our broncos. Did Brewster say anything about how registration will be handled for out of state people? I asked them, but didn't get a response.
Not sure if we got full confirmation. I think I remember seeing something about they use a 3rd party service for out of state registrations that costs a couple hundred bucks. Hopefully that gets clarified further.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if we got full confirmation. I think I remember seeing something about they use a 3rd party service for out of state registrations that costs a couple hundred bucks. Hopefully that gets clarified further.
Hopefully they get back to me About all these fees. If I'm just going to end up saving a tiny bit it might not be worth switching.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if we got full confirmation. I think I remember seeing something about they (Brewster) use a 3rd party service for out of state registrations that costs a couple hundred bucks. Hopefully that gets clarified further.
Yes, that's what Mike @ Brewster told me in a phone conversation on 10/30. They use a service....$300-500 was the estimate for me in Pa, title/registration + a temp plate to drive it home. Plus I would have to have the Pa state inspection done locally, so another $55.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, that's what Mike @ Brewster told me in a phone conversation on 10/30. They use a service....$300-500 was the estimate for me in Pa, title/registration + a temp plate to drive it home. Plus I would have to have the Pa state inspection done locally, so another $55.
Hmm. I'm not 100% sure. But I think all we'd need is a temp plate. So whatever that cost is (if they can do that). Can register, get plates ourselves back in PA. Like $140 if I remember correctly. (Can look it up on the penndot website)

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My understanding of the registration process in our area - NY/NJ/CT/PA is that if you are financing or leasing the vehicle the dealership is obligated by their bank agreements to register the car to ensure that the person on the banking paperwork is the registered owner of the car. On a cash deal they do not have to do this. Mass is the only state nearby that you get your own plates - they don't believe in the in-transit or temp plates. So the way to avoid any registration service fees I think would be to talk to them about getting plates yourself - which would mean getting the paperwork on the car done - then getting plates on the car yourself then bringing them back to pick up the car - but technically at that point you own the car and you are leaving it on the dealer lot. The reason some of these services cost what they do is because they literally bundle up paperwork and send someone to the DMV offices to handle all of the transactions and bring them back. Do some research yourselves to find out what you need to do to either limit or eliminate the fees but until they know the weight and price of the car, registration costs are up in the air - the service fee - that should be a set rate though. I already have my plates that I'm transferring so I'll only have to pay the difference.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

.... the way to avoid any registration service fees I think would be to talk to them about getting plates yourself -
..... Do some research yourselves to find out what you need to do to either limit or eliminate the fees .....
That's something I didn't consider. Time for more phone calls! The service charge can be another couple hundred bucks over the actual cost.

For Pa it's $143.47 for title, registration (passenger car) and plates. Then another $55 for annual inspection.
I didn't realize Bergey's included lifetime inspections. That's another bonus for me.... that's $1100 over the next 20 years!

cverde

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brewsterford.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all!

I'm one of the sales reps from Brewster Ford. I was talking to Brian this morning and he mentioned this post so I figured I'd hop on to introduce myself on behalf of the dealership. If anyone has questions pertaining to the group buy, how buying in NY works, the process going forward, etc. feel free to reach out to me directly. (I'm not sure if posting my email and direct line are allowed, if someone can clear that up for me that'd be appreciated) I'll be monitoring the thread as best I can to answer things that pop up, but feel free to send me a message if need be. Brian is still running the operation, but I'll be here to assist him however possible

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all!

I'm one of the sales reps from Brewster Ford. I was talking to Brian this morning and he mentioned this post so I figured I'd hop on to introduce myself on behalf of the dealership. If anyone has questions pertaining to the group buy, how buying in NY works, the process going forward, etc. feel free to reach out to me directly. (I'm not sure if posting my email and direct line are allowed, if someone can clear that up for me that'd be appreciated) I'll be monitoring the thread as best I can to answer things that pop up, but feel free to send me a message if need be. Brian is still running the operation, but I'll be here to assist him however possible
Hey Chris, Welcome to the group. Luckily for you people are happy with the deal otherwise you'd be getting hammered right now.

As far as I know, you can post your email address up here. If you want I can even add it to the main post so it's front and center. But as you know, @Johnny Mo is running point on this for the group, so for those who wanted in on it they are supposed to go through him, to at least keep track of it all. So if I put your email address up that may or may not confuse things.

Either way is fine by me though.

Edit: You could always ask them to DM you as well. You'll get an email saying you have new DM's and whatnot.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey all!

Hey Chris welcome!

Sponsored
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all!

One more thing I would like to add, by having the single point of contact it shares the answers with the entire group. And hopefully eliminates you having to answer the same question multiple times.

But on the flip side, it's good to have a salesperson reaching out and willing to help/answer questions. That seems to be a rare occurrence as of late.

cverde

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brewsterford.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks @Johnny Mo and @EvlNvrDys . I'm not here to step on anyone's toes or anything, I'm mostly here if there's questions on the dealer end of things or if there's something that Johnny would need to run by us and Brian isn't readily available. Whatever I can do for you guys let me know!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all!

Welcome to the group

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
welcome.. u will b hearing from me soon.. Chris. i do have a question for u.. besides the cost of vehicle, tags/plates/registration... what other costs are there?

cverde

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brewsterford.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
welcome.. u will b hearing from me soon.. Chris. i do have a question for u.. besides the cost of vehicle, tags/plates/registration... what other costs are there?
Thank you!

Outside of sales tax, registration and state inspection (NY Only) there's a $75 title fee. No other costs are added on top of that. NY and CT registrations are handled in-house (both new and transfer) and all other states (except for MA) go through a third-party
Sponsored