Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received a call today from my dealer and they mentioned that we will be able to order our Broncos from our Ford.com account. They said an order button will be made available on December 7th within my/our accounts. They said I will be able to do it from home if I would like and that more information will be coming from Ford on this later this month.

I trust my new dealer as he is a straight up guy and a great communicator of information he receives from Ford. (They are not on Bronco6g)

Any other dealers here like to elaborate on this?

Maybe Ford is just throwing that possibility out to see how dealers will react?
That is how it will work. You'll be notified from Ford with an email. You will go through your Ford account and your reservation and complete it. You will send it to your dealership. From there they will be able to see it (this is the reservation conversion rate everyone's heard about) and send it to Ford to be built. That's the simple explanation.
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t believe it but it will happen eventually (Tesla).

That being said, almost all industries are trending toward direct to consumer. Nobody wants to deal with or pay for a middleman (dealer/distributor). Often times they know less about the product than the consumer.
Would you like frys with that Bronco?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am leery... I think I will throw on a mask and go mano a mano with the Internet Sales Manager on pricing. I bet the Ford website will limit purchase to MSRP or a predetermined price with ADM based on the dealer selection.
I couldn't imagine trying to do this by email. With the number of questions that could come up and time lag between replies is a recipe for disaster. I'll be going to my dealer for this.

OP
OP
Brocked

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is how it will work. You'll be notified from Ford with an email. You will go through your Ford account and your reservation and complete it. You will send it to your dealership. From there they will be able to see it (this is the reservation conversion rate everyone's heard about) and send it to Ford to be built. That's the simple explanation.
Thanks NayNay

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is almost impossible to dodge the F&I guy fully. I think of myself as an F&I Ninja, and they still manage to get 30-45 min of my time.
Maybe next time deal with a F&I woman......

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what the dealership is for too. We have people whom prefer coming in and completing theirs with us.
So we will be able to place our order at home online or at the dealership?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are still too many unknowns to make this possible. Where are the rest of the accessories and DIO's? What if you want late availability items? How do you order any of these without dealer assistance?

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes but you'll need to be able to access your reservation from the dealership (from what I've been told). So in other words log into your account at the dealership and complete the build. Or do it from home.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I received a call today from my dealer and they mentioned that we will be able to order our Broncos from our Ford.com account. They said an order button will be made available on December 7th within my/our accounts. They said I will be able to do it from home if I would like and that more information will be coming from Ford on this later this month.

I trust my new dealer as he is a straight up guy and a great communicator of information he receives from Ford. (They are not on Bronco6g)

Any other dealers here like to elaborate on this?

Maybe Ford is just throwing that possibility out to see how dealers will react?
I was told something similar yesterday

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are still too many unknowns to make this possible. Where are the rest of the accessories and DIO's? What if you want late availability items? How do you order any of these without dealer assistance?
You'll have access for your DIO when you do your build. Things that are late availability will delay your build. What dealership are you going with??

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope you know that Autonation has the reputation of no negotiation. I can’t say that they offer a discount to the MSRP either
Well I guess I will find out soon. If anyone has a good hook up for a new dealer recommendation for me in Central/So Cal let me know. I bought my daughters car there 3 years ago, I had X plan they made it easy then but I have no dealer loyalty per se as I will drive 300 miles to find a good/honest dealer, and decent price

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I trust myself way, way more to make sure it is perfect; than a dealer who is entering 200 of these in a short timeframe. I care more than he does...and will make sure it is mistake free before I hit send. Then it's on him to enter correctly what I put in. I hope it works that way, but am skeptical because Ford has described it differently.
The dealership does not manually type your order in. Your order goes to the dealership completed. If somethings wrong Ford will flag it and the dealer should contact you. Otherwise they push a button and it goes into a Q to wait to be built. You will get email updates from Ford motor and should also get them from your dealership too.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You'll have access for your DIO when you do your build. Things that are late availability will delay your build. What dealership are you going with??
I'm going with Sanderson Ford.

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume it depends on what your dealership decides to do. For ours, we work for the consumer so whatever way they want to work it we will accommodate.
Sponsored