Sponsored

Riser for cargo area - flat load floor when back seats folded down (4 door)

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a riser is added to the cargo area, would that allow for a relatively (i know the seats have a slight rise) flat load floor (all the way to the front seats) when the back seats are folded down?

Is ford building a riser? I presume the aftermarket will find a way to also charge $500 for this part.
Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the 4 door will have a pull out tray that also acts as a riser

if you are getting a 4 door this is a must have accessory in the future when it comes out in my opinion

so much so it should practically be standard in the car

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Per my understanding the pull out / slide out tailgate accessory for the 4D will be a “late availability” item. I translate this as SP22. Unknown how and if access to the storage under the floor (presuming the bottle jack is in there) will be maintained.

also note that the seats are not “flat” when folded they have some slope to them. So even with the slide out tailgate it will not be a fully flat cargo area.

also I’d wager that ford will overcharge for this accessory big time. $1000 / $1200 easy. If ditch lights are 600.....

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Per my understanding the pull out / slide out tailgate accessory for the 4D will be a “late availability” item. I translate this as SP22. Unknown how and if access to the storage under the floor (presuming the bottle jack is in there) will be maintained.

also note that the seats are not “flat” when folded they have some slope to them. So even with the slide out tailgate it will not be a fully flat cargo area.

also I’d wager that ford will overcharge for this accessory big time. $1000 / $1200 easy. If ditch lights are 600.....
to be fair the rock lights are big expensive on amazon

like 450

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to be fair the rock lights are big expensive on amazon

like 450
Im familiar with the aftermarket selections and the huge range in cost from the non-branded knock offs all the way up the lasers.

Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im familiar with the aftermarket selections and the huge range in cost from the non-branded knock offs all the way up the lasers.
i dont know if i want to do wiring but it seems like the kc hilites are really cool

are there better rock light brands? RGB might be cool for some situations to preserve night vision with red lights

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
so much so it should practically be standard in the car
Cars don’t have 35” tires. It’s not a car ?

just funning with ya

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i dont know if i want to do wiring but it seems like the kc hilites are really cool

are there better rock light brands? RGB might be cool for some situations to preserve night vision with red lights
Wiring won’t be hard, just find a friend that understands the basics.
For me it’s all about color temperature & long term quality. I prefer Baja Designs but I’m sure there are many many excellent options. I plan to add ditch lights & maybe a dust / chase light to my Bronco If I can work out a good spot.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wiring won’t be hard, just find a friend that understands the basics.
For me it’s all about color temperature & long term quality. I prefer Baja Designs but I’m sure there are many many excellent options. I plan to add ditch lights & maybe a dust / chase light to my Bronco If I can work out a good spot.
whats a dust light

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope peope are working on ideas for this but honestly $50 at Lowes will set you with something nice. $100 if you want a slide out.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whats a dust light
Small rear facing light typically mounted high on the back of the vehicle. Yellow or red flashing. It’s not needed for the majority of off-roading. Only comes into play in the desert when you’re following a friend the dust can get so bad that you can’t see anything. Helps avoid getting rear ended. My crew has had several close calls and a few have since added a dust light. Super helpful but honestly unnecessary for most.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a riser couple of 2x4s are added to the cargo area, would that allow for a relatively (i know the seats have a slight rise) flat load floor (all the way to the front seats) when the back seats are folded down?

Is ford building a riser? I presume the aftermarket will find a way to also charge $500 for this part.
it ain't that hard, you don't need to wait for the aftermarket to come in.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Small rear facing light typically mounted high on the back of the vehicle. Yellow or red flashing. It’s not needed for the majority of off-roading. Only comes into play in the desert when you’re following a friend the dust can get so bad that you can’t see anything. Helps avoid getting rear ended. My crew has had several close calls and a few have since added a dust light. Super helpful but honestly unnecessary for most.
correct me if im wrong but arent the rear lights on the bronco pretty bright already?

t_liz92

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m just waiting to know if the slide-out tray will be an accessory you can add on later or if it has to come from the factory. I’d hate to have to wait on my build just for that when I have a day 1 reservation.
Sponsored