Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone is freaking because the majority of cars have a black/dark dash top and this is what most peeps are use to. If you want a dark dash then goto the outer banks and if this bothers you so much then don’t buy a bronco and cancel your account here and move on. Don’t waste your time complaining and making fun of Ford. We all work hard for our paychecks and if you think Ford has wronged you then don’t spend your money on their products. It is really a simple decision.
No, we will shame them into submission! Lol
Sponsored

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugh. I forgot how cringe worthy that girl was, thanks for that. Not trying to be a dick but damn she sounded like she was briefed 30 seconds before and this was her first time in front of a camera.
Dude - she's hot

Ford Bronco So the dash is grey now? so hot

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's specifically referred to as a dark Cactus Gray in the materials video if I recall correctly

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea that blue (BD) and orange (BL) has me a bit puzzled. I'm going BL A51, gonna clash but I'll live with it.
A51 and the orange of the Badlands looks great together. Not sure why everyone is so freaked out about orange trim. It's not a traditional choice but it doesn't clash with any of the exterior colors either.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did anyone notice they referred to BD dash color as "Dark Space Gray" and BL color as "Dark Cactus Gray". are they even different?

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jumping in the way back machine to classes on color theory here. Your whites, silvers, grays and blacks are neutral gray scales. Any of the details colors are going to match with them. The trim on the Badlands is a yellowish orange so it's close to being a bi-color complement (directly across the color wheel to) to the blues. They'll really pull out the orange side. But it's also got enough yellow in it to be nearly a tri-color (one-third around the color wheel) complement to the reds. So, again, while it's not a traditional choice by color science it works pretty well with all the available choice given.

Ford Bronco So the dash is grey now? original-368856-1

Last edited:

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been considering a WildTrak for the brown interior as I think it might be more important to me than the swaybar disco on the Badlands. This despite my firm belief that the Badlands is the true Rubicon fighter that won't face as much real internal competition from the coming Warthog.

All said though, I have dealers contacting me about a used 911 and a new Defender so I have no idea what my future holds and I'm a sad, lost soul. Send help.
The defender is going to be a lot nicer on road. Not sure why anyone would want to take off their roof with all the dust that will coat everything. But the interior was a step too far on the wildtrack for me. I'll wait for a black roof and if they don't offer a decent interior by then I'll pass.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Grey is cool
Black is cool
Tan is cool

My point is who cares..
Those three colors would likely suit 99% of people. Seems common sense that when you order your Bronco you should be able to select which of those three you think goes best with your exterior color.

Accent colors tied to the trim level is just a horrible idea, for anyone who doesn't like clashing colors it limits the color choices of the exterior. Hopefully that will be gone after the first year.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those three colors would likely suit 99% of people. Seems common sense that when you order your Bronco you should be able to select which of those three you think goes best with your exterior color.

Accent colors tied to the trim level is just a horrible idea, for anyone who doesn't like clashing colors it limits the color choices of the exterior. Hopefully that will be gone after the first year.
I don’t know
How many other auto makers allow you to have multiple dash options?

I can’t imagine how much slower the process would be for auto makers to have every want and need for every type of person’s likes and wants...

If you find the interior that “hideous” maybe hold
Off with your order..

I could give two shits as long as the interior is easily cleaned and durable...

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would actually prefer gray.

After about an hour playing in dunes the black dash trim on my Ranger dash is gray anyway.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Light grey is pretty inoffensive. As far as Broncos interior design goes let's call this a win. Could have just as easily ended up Grabber Lime. Now those that were complaining about the black interior won't burn their elbows.
Straight black would be gheyyyy

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure why everyone is so freaked out about orange trim. It's not a traditional choice but it doesn't clash with any of the exterior colors either.
That's not true. I genuinely feel bad for the McDonald's Happy Meals inspired Race Red/Rapid Red exterior with the BD orange interior accents. :LOL:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This all could have been avoided if the car companies used accurate, dependable depictions of their option colors. Like maybe photographs instead of CGI or animation or whatever.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's not true. I genuinely feel bad for the 'Happy Meals' inspired Race Red/Rapid Red exterior with the BD orange interior accents. :LOL:
For trying to find a single color that wasn't gray as an accent with the 6 shades of blues and reds they had in play the yellowish-orange on the Badlands trim lands right about where it should. You can be mad about it. Or sad about it. But I see where they were coming from.
Sponsored