Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you seeing this? I've watched the video a few times and haven't seen any flexing.
At the 1:05 mark. You can see the door dented/scratched and the rocker guard (or whatever Ford calls them to protect under the doors) is bent, at least that what it looks like. Check out Poison Spyder rocker armor, you'll see the difference. I hope to have new armor in the garage before the Bronco shows up!

If anyone is selling basher fenders I'm all in. How cool will it be to remove or swap fenders when you know you're going to have some fun with it?! Otherwise you have to armor up every panel and that's not what I'm going for.
Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even those have their limits when compared to SFA. Length of control arm is the limiting factor.

IFS only articulates on the ends not the whole axle acting as a lever. here is a little pic I had posted in other threads to get my meaning across.

axle travel.jpg
Ok, are there any benefits to IFS when crawling or in the rocks? I'm stretching here, but maybe if you have a single front tire with more pressure and flatter angle that it could grab better than two tires at a higher angle and less pressure? I know I just contradicted years of wheeling knowledge, the higher ground pressure has to count for something.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At the 1:05 mark. You can see the door dented/scratched and the rocker guard (or whatever Ford calls them to protect under the doors) is bent, at least that what it looks like.
The rock rail is fine, just scuffed (it's what happens) & just put some diamond plate on the lower part of the door & it should be fine.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure all recent Ford manuals have it...
Why would you need it on an auto??
Is that not the one pedal that does both? I thought that was only available in auto

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its a great overall rig. It may not have the crazy flex of some solid axle rigs, but it looks like it made it through. It can also hit the trails at speed without a crazy death wobble :) or even track straight down the road and hit a pothole without the death wobble...

Sponsored

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this thread convinced me to upgrade from the black diamond to the badlands. Want the sway bar disconnect.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this thread convinced me to upgrade from the black diamond to the badlands. Want the sway bar disconnect.

A wrench is a whole lot cheaper way to disco.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, are there any benefits to IFS when crawling or in the rocks? I'm stretching here, but maybe if you have a single front tire with more pressure and flatter angle that it could grab better than two tires at a higher angle and less pressure? I know I just contradicted years of wheeling knowledge, the higher ground pressure has to count for something.

A lot of techno stuff in that conversation but in general yea IFS maintains a better contact pacth from side to side through out articulation but for the most part SFA, RULES on the rocks. Much more side to side articulation even if the IFS is a long travel.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that not the one pedal that does both? I thought that was only available in auto
Yes, THAT is correct. One pedal is available on the 2.7 and auto. Maybe we're talking about 2 different things.
I was talking about how it (almost) didn't rollback in the video.
I guess on road going cars with manual, they'd call it hill start assist..?

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, THAT is correct. One pedal is available on the 2.7 and auto. Maybe we're talking about 2 different things.
I was talking about how it (almost) didn't rollback in the video.
I guess on road going cars with manual, they'd call it hill start assist..?
Yes I was confused I thought it was the same thing.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, there is barely any wheel travel before you start hanging a tire in the air. Where is the articulation?
Not really reassuring watching the front wheels go up in the air like that.
It got through it though didn't it! I'd like to see a FJ cruiser go through that! ?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rock rail is fine, just scuffed (it's what happens) & just put some diamond plate on the lower part of the door & it should be fine.
The rocker guard needs to extend past the apex of the door curve, otherwise the doors are the first panel to get hit by a rock (sure, take the doors off). Jeep sides are flat and small rocker guards protect the sides. Either way, I'll need to upgrade something, I'm rock magnet! I have every intention to run Moab, Rubicon and the all over the PacNW, hopefully next year. I'd be nervous going through the local gate keepers without more protection.