mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am also good with it. I too would be worried about screwing up a painted top taking it on and off. Also worried when placing anything on the roof rack.
Yes that top if painted is going to get all scrached up from being on the garage floor when not being used.
Its okay wish it was black but looks tough like a cheap cooler.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah man, I don't care. Don't care what the wheels look like either as long as they are round, balanced, and hold air. I like the Bronco for the capabilities, not the looks. If I was into looks I'd be spending my money on a 911.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or with the 2.7.
I don’t care what the reason is, not allowing sound deadening or roof rack on 4 door badlands with 2.7l is beyond frustrating.

but I love the look of MIC on certain colors (Area 51, Cyber Orange, Rapid Red).

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford screwed up by releasing images and mock ups with options they weren't able to provide. Roofs and interiors specifically. I reserved my BL on July 14th and I have no idea now which top was depicted. If they would have had the B&P up and running at time of reservation I still would have reserved one. How many of you would have been fine with the MIC top if you didn't know what other tops looked like or even knew they might be available? If the B&P interiors were all that you knew would you have ordered?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems like everyone hates the look of the MIC roof. I really don’t mind it. I think it looks rugged and should be pretty durable. Since the color is throughout, any scratches or dings wouldn’t be obvious. Also, that material should be relatively lightweight and easy to move on and off with one person. I don’t love the look of the dark gray which isn’t the same color as the black accents and could clash if you go with the black or gray body color. But I’m planning on getting cyber orange and overall I like the look. Am I the only one?
Not the only one. I'm fine with the new Bronco top. If I was able to have loads of fun over the years with my older Jeeps with non upscale hardtops, I'll have loads of fun with the new Bronco.

Sponsored

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it works best with A51 which is the color I’m going with so I’ve started warming up to it. The contrast with some other colors though still makes it look meh to me

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The mic top looks great in person.
I think it looks better in person, but not great. Just my opinion. I saw it at Super cel east on the 4 dr overlander. It did look better there than it does in photos.

And I saw the color matched painted modular top on the black 2 door BL there also. The color matched modular top looked great. I just prefer color matched modular top over the gray MIC top that doesn't appear to match colorwize to anything else on the truck.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the MIC for all the reasons everyone else mentioned, I'm planning on Velocity Blue right now, but Carb Gray like this one could work. I always like EB's with body colored top and this would be one way to do it.
Ford Bronco Unpopular Opinion: I don’t mind the MIC Top E93D6E32-DA65-4CB2-9706-934A70CEA393

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the MiC Hard Top as well. I think it's going to look pretty good with either Area 51 or Velocity Blue on my Bronco.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like everyone hates the look of the MIC roof. I really don’t mind it. I think it looks rugged and should be pretty durable. Since the color is throughout, any scratches or dings wouldn’t be obvious. Also, that material should be relatively lightweight and easy to move on and off with one person. I don’t love the look of the dark gray which isn’t the same color as the black accents and could clash if you go with the black or gray body color. But I’m planning on getting cyber orange and overall I like the look. Am I the only one?
Nope, I like it with most colors and in person it will be better. This forum is full of very enthusiastic fans that nitpick the crap out of everything ??

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the same as you. Also getting Cyber Orange.

Reactions: JAC

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MIC is fine, the color should just be black. Every poll on this site has it at 80%+ favoring black over grey.

At this point if Ford changes to MIC black I’ll be ecstatic, but if they keep it grey I’ll get mine painted and it will be more unique

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't mind it. I would prefer black, but that's not going to stop me from getting my bronco. I hope that all the people that have a earlier reservation that dislike it cancel their reservation so that I have less people in front of me?

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks terrible because it doesn't match the other plastics. I love the idea of MIC but it should be black

Someone at Ford outsmarted themselves and thought it was a good idea. It has ruined a perfect vehicle and I'm now considering a soft top until the painted ones come out.

However, Ford is even making that difficult because we don't have concrete documentation saying that the required electronics to add a hardtop later will be there.

So, I'm probably stuck with the grey MIC. It looks tolerable on a few colors, but I hate picking my color based on a removable roof.
Are you not going to modify any of those plastic parts??? Don't get me wrong its your bronco, but these rigs are meant to be modified and customized.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks tolerable on a few colors, but I hate picking my color based on a removable roof.
Me too. This is the case no matter the roof colour. I don't think black looks best with all the colours. I think white would look worse with most colours.

It's a concession for everyone no matter the colour.

I also feel that if some got over the fact that "it's not black" they might see its not the end of the world, and maybe prefer the grey. Some are too focused on what it's not instead of what it is.
Sponsored