First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This makes it difficult to decide... Dang. I guess I'm getting both tops... Summer and winter?
Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm perplexed by this color too! In some pictures it looks very baby blue and in others it looks more gray than blue, which is what I prefer. If it looked exactly like the Ford colorizer on the B&P I would 100% go the area 51 route, but that seems to be way off. My other option is the carbonized gray, but not sure how the carbonized gray grill and other components will look with that color... grrrr... frustrating.
seriously, sometimes it looks so ugly! It looks pretty here but I saw it on the Sport and it looked soooo ugly. I’m between cactus gray and Area 51!

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft top looks so good! I’m just 99% sure an aftermarket Hard Top would cost more, maybe it’s worth getting both!!!
Why do you like soft top so much?

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I’m 97.5% sure I’m getting A51 and will probably get the soft top. I have not had a Jeep or similar in years, but the Jeeps I have owned have all been soft top only. Will order the black painted modular top and don’t mind waiting a bit if it’s late availability. Or will buy aftermarket if it slips to MY ’22. I just hope it isn’t too much of an extra cost to buy later. I don’t mind the grey of the MIC top with the A51 exterior... I just don’t like plastic molded tops and want a painted one. Even though I know a molded top is just as good, maybe even more practical as it will be equally functional and probably save some weight. MIC top probably handles hailstorms much better...

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am guessing soft top will be annoyingly loud. Can anybody confirm with some Jeep experience?
My Jeep’s had the premium sail cloth top. Wind noise was about the same has the hard top. The rear plastic windows let more engine noise from other cars in the road through.
The Jeep itself , most noise came from the tires underneath and wasn’t really affected that much by the top.

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
seriously, sometimes it looks so ugly! It looks pretty here but I saw it on the Sport and it looked soooo ugly. I’m between cactus gray and Area 51!
I feel the same way. Sometimes I love this color other times it looks too baby blue

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm perplexed by this color too! In some pictures it looks very baby blue and in others it looks more gray than blue, which is what I prefer. If it looked exactly like the Ford colorizer on the B&P I would 100% go the area 51 route, but that seems to be way off. My other option is the carbonized gray, but not sure how the carbonized gray grill and other components will look with that color... grrrr... frustrating.
You're not alone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why do you like soft top so much?
Ease of use! I've taken the hard top off a Jeep before and it's sometimes cumbersome. It looks pretty neat too with the back open.

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ease of use! I've taken the hard top off a Jeep before and it's sometimes cumbersome. It looks pretty neat too with the back open.
Agree. Love being able to flip the soft top back in under a minute. Also like being able to quickly get it on when you get caught in the rain.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am guessing soft top will be annoyingly loud. Can anybody confirm with some Jeep experience?
It can be loud at highway speeds, but "loud" is sort of a subjective thing. I've had three soft tops so probably not the best one to ask (maybe because I may not hear you because, well I have hearing loss)

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can it handle winters ??