First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bought my first corvette at 24 years old, an used 1980. Owned it for 31 years. Sold it in 2016, it wasn't being driven much after I got my first bran new corvette a 14 Z51 with the 7 speed manual. I had several other C3 cars while I had the 80.

I am now in my 18 Grand Sport Carbon 65. Mine is loaded and has the manual 7 speed. Only 650 made, only 453 stayed in USA. Less then 90 with manual world wide.

Ford Bronco Who else has America's Sports Car? IMG_6153
Sponsored

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Last edited:

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a midlife crisis about 20 years ago and bought a 2001 corvette. Still have it. Still fun to drive, but I'm having a tough time getting in and out of it. Old age I guess. I'll sell it about the same time I get the Bronco, although they will both fit in my garage nose to tail.

eddie in corvette 2.jpg

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2009 Mustang GT/CS. Had it for about 5.5 years now and absolutely love it. Just did an exhaust and brake up. The internet tells me it's one of 105 built that year with a convertible+color+CS package. It's not going to be on Meachum auto auction anytime soon but it's nice to think I have a rare color/package. Unfortunately, if I get a Bronco this will have to be sold.
Ford Bronco Who else has America's Sports Car? 2009 GTCS.JPG

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You guys are bringing up high school years. My one and only vette was a 76 which I purchased at the age of 16. I was working a fulltime job and paid for it myself. I miss that car.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have one but I drove one....once.

The owner of the company I work for worked a trade-in with the Mercedes dealership to trade one of our Sprinter vans back on lease for a new C7 for him. I was the only one at the shop who could drive a manual so I was tasked with picking it up and driving it back.

So I get up there. Give them the keys to the Sprinter, sign a few papers, and they give me the keys to the C7.

They had the damn thing parked in the show room. Parallel parked between some Mercedes SUV and a glass wall. So I've got to get this thing out of there. I've never driven a car with anything close to that amount of power. I was worried I was either going to stall it, smash into the SUV when I let the clutch out, or put it right through the glass wall. Luckily I got it out of there with no issues but I've never been so nervous.

I got it back to the shop where we parked it in the welding bays until the owner came to pick it up. So there a brand new C7 sat, under a welding blanket, in a metal shop, for three weeks. The guys in the shop were just as nervous about getting a spark on it.

OP
OP
FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I always thought that the mustang and Camaro wee classified as pony cars or muscle cars.

AC cobra and corvette as sports cars.