Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

WCampbellAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol. Shocking that the numbers themselves didn't give it away. I'm pulling it from the first gen Bronco V8. You know, the vehicle that we're all so excited to see revived.

Sounds like you're all lathered up waiting on the OJ Bronco?

But... why would you compare the OG V8 of yesteryear to the Modern EB? It's apples and oranges and I don't think anyone here saying they wanted a V8 was thinking anything other than a modern coyote...
Sponsored

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davenport-insurance.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely appears photoshopped to me. Also, I now they'll sell 4-door models 4:1 to 2-door models, but you people who want a 4-door I just don't understand. I suppose that's another perk of not having children/the excuse to "need" four doors.
You know, I have been in the camp that stated "no 2 door, no way". But darn! That 4 door looks amazing and the 2 door looks stumpy. I dunno.

Hydro556

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj
Your Bronco Model
Base
But... why would you compare the OG V8 of yesteryear to the Modern EB? It's apples and oranges and I don't think anyone here saying they wanted a V8 was thinking anything other than a modern coyote...
I was only referring to the Nostalgia of wanting a V8 like the original had.

Point being, sure it's not a V8, but other than 2 cylinders and the great sound, we're giving up nothing with a modern V6.

Lol not a big deal.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was only referring to the Nostalgia of wanting a V8 like the original had.

Point being, sure it's not a V8, but other than 2 cylinders and the great sound, we're giving up nothing with a modern V6.

Lol not a big deal.
eh, there is always more potential with a V8 than a V6. the same amount of tech dumped into a coyote that is put into the EB nets you over 1khp, or ~900 reliably. albeit, see not reason to need more than 4-500 horses in this thing, unless you are doing major work and putting on 44+" tires, in which case, swap in the Godzilla anyways.

Sponsored

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sorry, WHAT?

Where did you pull that copy paste information? From the 1990-1993 Lincoln Town Car brochure when it featured the 4.6L Romeo / Windsor plant V8?

Wikipedia states

"A torque-biased variant of the Coyote is produced as an alternative to the EcoBoost V6 in the new F-150 pickup truck. The F-150 5.0L receives a lower compression ratio (10.5:1), intake camshafts with less duration, cast iron exhaust manifolds, and revised cylinder heads. The intake manifold changed only in color, with no change in size or shape. These changes promote low-end and mid-range power and torque. The engine retains the Coyote's forged steel crank and piston-cooling jets but benefits from the addition of an external engine oil cooler similar to the Boss 302's. The changes result in the engine's peak horsepower dropping to 385 hp (287 kW; 390 PS) at 5750 rpm, while torque is rated at 387 lbâ‹…ft (525 Nâ‹…m) at 3850 rpm.

For 2018, numerous revisions were made to the 5.0, most notably the adoption of a port and direct fuel injection system, as well as spray-on bore liner, eliminating the need for conventional cylinder liners (changes shared with the 2018 Mustang), and compression ratio is increased (12.0:1). Power and torque increased to 395 hp (295 kW; 400 PS) at 5750 rpm, while torque is rated at 400 lbâ‹…ft (540 Nâ‹…m) at 3850 rpm."

You literally have to ignore the last 25-30 years of Ford engine improvements to get numbers close to what you're quoting...

395HP and a torque rating of 400 lbâ‹…ft in the F150 Coyote vs the 3.5L EcoBoost putting out 375HP and 470 lbâ‹…ft is not a massive difference. When you start to compare the motors after mods and tuning it's honestly a preference discussion at that point.

While it's not a massive difference, the RPM's that both the 2.7 and 3.5 make that power are vastly lower. You have to floor it in the 5.0 to get that power. The Ecoboost makes 90% of it at half throttle. Wife and I both have F150s. Hers has the 5.0 and mine has the 3.5. Hers is a stock 2wd with stock tires, and mine is a 4x4 with 35'' tires, and mine drives better, tows better, accellerates better, and is faster. The only thing it doesn't do better is make noise. Which is fine if that's what you are in to, but pretending that the 5.0 isn't inferior to the 3.5 in almost every other way is pointless.

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
eh, there is always more potential with a V8 than a V6. the same amount of tech dumped into a coyote that is put into the EB nets you over 1khp, or ~900 reliably. albeit, see not reason to need more than 4-500 horses in this thing, unless you are doing major work and putting on 44+" tires, in which case, swap in the Godzilla anyways.
I can add 100 hp/tq to an Ecoboost by plugging in a tuner. You would need to spend $5,000 on a coyote to get that kind of gain. So, yes I guess it is superior if you have a bottomless wallet. But if not, the only way it is superior if you're one of those people that likes to say "hur durr I got a V8"

That came off way more sarcastic than I meant, so please take no offense to it. lol I just have been on the F150 forum too long I guess. I actually own a 5.0 and a 3.5 and in no practical way is the 5.0 superior.

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd really like to know more about the trim levels. My fingers are crossed for a cushier leather interior option, with the soft touch pseudo leather dash just like my mustang.
I just want ass coolers in my life. After having them in my F150's I can't go back. If it's not available, Katskin Degreez are going to be the first mod.

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can add 100 hp/tq to an Ecoboost by plugging in a tuner. You would need to spend $5,000 on a coyote to get that kind of gain. So, yes I guess it is superior if you have a bottomless wallet. But if not, the only way it is superior if you're one of those people that likes to say "hur durr I got a V8"

That came off way more sarcastic than I meant, so please take no offense to it. lol I just have been on the F150 forum too long I guess. I actually own a 5.0 and a 3.5 and in no practical way is the 5.0 superior.
What eco-boost fanboys keep failing to understand/comprehend is some people prefer the V8 not just for noise but the way it drives, makes its power and would like to have the option.

Multiple iterations of an eco boost are pretty much confirmed, hoping for a V8 OPTION is just that. An additional option for those that want it. If you are one of those that don’t, you’re already good to go with your preference.
There are multiple arguments why some have concerns of a small displacement twin turbo six in the engine threads, feel free to move this and continue there.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

so now we're bringing dollars into it? Hell, give me an old school small block or big block, I can outpower your EB or Coyote at half the cost.

Simply looking at potential, the Coyote has more, it has the displacement and base tech.

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What eco-boost fanboys keep failing to understand/comprehend is some people prefer the V8 not just for noise but the way it drives, makes its power and would like to have the option.

Multiple iterations of an eco boost are pretty much confirmed, hoping for a V8 OPTION is just that. An additional option for those that want it. If you are one of those that don’t, you’re already good to go with your preference.
There are multiple arguments why some have concerns of a small displacement twin turbo six in the engine threads, feel free to move this and continue there.
You’re absolutely right man. Options are a good thing. I do hope some miracle happens and Ford decides to offer the 5.0 in the Bronco. I wouldn’t buy it, but I do realize a lot of people would. I wouldn’t exactly call myself an eco boost fan boy, I guess I’m just sensitive from being on the F150 forums for years now, and watching people complain about the eco-boost and talk about how the 5.0 is so superior. Most of the time these people don’t even take the time to drive one and form an opinion based on something other than displacement/sound. They just assume that it’s terrible because it’s a V-6. The only argument they ever seem to present is the fact that it sounds better. I do get that everybody has a preference, and that’s perfectly okay because it means we all get to enjoy our trucks exactly the way we want them.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would always prefer a v8. Sorry you don't understand that, but whatever. Unless there is some safety concern, I don't see why I can't order an engine I prefer.

kbexperience

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Lariat Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would always prefer a v8. Sorry you don't understand that, but whatever. Unless there is some safety concern, I don't see why I can't order an engine I prefer.

You’re absolutely right man. Options are a good thing. I do hope some miracle happens and Ford decides to offer the 5.0 in the Bronco. I wouldn’t buy it, but I do realize a lot of people would. I wouldn’t exactly call myself an eco boost fan boy, I guess I’m just sensitive from being on the F150 forums for years now, and watching people complain about the eco-boost and talk about how the 5.0 is so superior. Most of the time these people don’t even take the time to drive one and form an opinion based on something other than displacement/sound. They just assume that it’s terrible because it’s a V-6. The only argument they ever seem to present is the fact that it sounds better. I do get that everybody has a preference, and that’s perfectly okay because it means we all get to enjoy our trucks exactly the way we want them.
Sponsored