Sponsored

2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed!

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What eco-boost fanboys keep failing to understand/comprehend is some people prefer the V8 not just for noise but the way it drives, makes its power and would like to have the option.

Multiple iterations of an eco boost are pretty much confirmed, hoping for a V8 OPTION is just that. An additional option for those that want it. If you are one of those that don’t, you’re already good to go with your preference.
There are multiple arguments why some have concerns of a small displacement twin turbo six in the engine threads, feel free to move this and continue there.
Call them fan boys all you want but the ecoboost drives better than the 5.0. It makes tq lower. The 5.0 is a boost whore and a screamer. I love it for racing...but for the Bronco we should be calling for the 7.3l
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure it won't take long for someone to make a "coyote" swap. ?
Hell the already have a Godzilla in a Fox Body.

edit: with a 10 spd.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Call them fan boys all you want but the ecoboost drives better than the 5.0. It makes tq lower. The 5.0 is a boost whore and a screamer. I love it for racing...but for the Bronco we should be calling for the 7.3l
I disagree that it drives better but that’s how preferences work and why options exist.
Godzilla would be a great option as well

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, don't come in here and say I'm "hur durr" for preferring a v8 and then keep quoting yourself when someone responds. Kind of lame. You do you, boss. This lady likes a v8. My first vehicle had a 350. Sorry you don't understand the culture I grew up in, but my dad had a lot of fun putting big blocks in lots of cars. I'm a classic car addict and I like a v8. Not sure why this is a big deal. I don't care what engine you put in your vehicle and I certainly wouldn't go out in a public forum and mock someone for their choice of engine. This discussion is like the (shall not be named here) vs IFS, or manual vs auto. As long as you aren't driving under the speed limit or texting and driving, I don't really care what you are doing/driving on the road. Just enjoy.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I like a v8. Not sure why this is a big deal. I don't care what engine you put in your vehicle and I certainly wouldn't go out in a public forum and mock someone for their choice of engine. ...
You can say it a hundred times but it won't get through to half of them.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would always prefer a v8. Sorry you don't understand that, but whatever. Unless there is some safety concern, I don't see why I can't order an engine I prefer.
Because there is no business case for Ford to offer one. They have to meet CAFE and whatever other emissions and fuel economy standards from the Government.

They aren't going to spend the money to rectifier a V8 in the Bronco unless they can make a profit on it.

Just because you prefer it doesn't change anything.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, don't come in here and say I'm "hur durr" for preferring a v8 and then keep quoting yourself when someone responds. Kind of lame. You do you, boss. This lady likes a v8. My first vehicle had a 350. Sorry you don't understand the culture I grew up in, but my dad had a lot of fun putting big blocks in lots of cars. I'm a classic car addict and I like a v8. Not sure why this is a big deal. I don't care what engine you put in your vehicle and I certainly wouldn't go out in a public forum and mock someone for their choice of engine. This discussion is like the (shall not be named here) vs IFS, or manual vs auto. As long as you aren't driving under the speed limit or texting and driving, I don't really care what you are doing/driving on the road. Just enjoy.
Whoa whoa whoa! I drive under the speed limit so that I can text safely! ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wouldn't mine a Boss Bronco. Pic below of a 1969 Factory Bronco Boss Prototype. Count me in if one of these rolls off the Assembly line. FYI, Excellent story about this Bronco. It was found after 49 years. Google Boss Bronco for more info..
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! 011-comer-1969-ford-boss-bronco-at-mcacn

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't mine a Boss Bronco. Pic below of a 1969 Factory Bronco Boss Prototype. Count me in if one of these rolls off the Assembly line.
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! 011-comer-1969-ford-boss-bronco-at-mcacn
We definitely need it with a modern Boss enginr

RMG72

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Last edited:

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry to barge in....regarding the pictures......how does the rear glass lift open (like my old Ford Escape) with the tire in the way?

Unlike many jeeps, there doesn’t seem to be a separate tire swing gate.. Maybe it’s an illusion but it does seem like you can only open the rear glass with the tailgate closed....and having to open it to open the glass portion defeats the convenience doesn’t it?

Thanks.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to barge in....regarding the pictures......how does the rear glass lift open (like my old Ford Escape) with the tire in the way?

Unlike many jeeps, there doesn’t seem to be a separate tire swing gate.. Maybe it’s an illusion but it does seem like you can only open the rear glass with the tailgate closed....and having to open it to open the glass portion defeats the convenience doesn’t it?

Thanks.
I imagine it will work like the Jeep, swing gate open first and then lift window up? I think that’s how they work anyway. It does have a separate gate.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I imagine it will work like the Jeep, swing gate open first and then lift window up? I think that’s how they work anyway. It does have a separate gate.
Does it? I thought it looked like a hard point attachment on the door itself, that’s why it was confusing.
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! DB07D589-8711-48F2-8462-4BE8D6EFF186

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door and 2 Door Revealed! C1AFA435-5B41-469D-BB2A-A2900BEE8E4E
Sponsored