Sponsored

What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks?

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But you could just take off the front doors and leave the rear doors on and it would be the exact same effect as if you had a vehicle the same lenght but without the rear doors? Its not like Ford would or could make a two door with doors the same length as two doors each side combined. It's like you are making up reasons to get out of actually bying the new Bronco.
No, don’t misunderstand. From what I’ve seen of the new Bronco so far I love it. Jeeps with just the 2 front doors off look stupid in my opinion.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But you could just take off the front doors and leave the rear doors on and it would be the exact same effect as if you had a vehicle the same lenght but without the rear doors?...
No it isn't, because there's a seat(s) back there too. Just like the rear doors, I don't need that most of the time either.

Not to mention structural integrity and visibility differences based on the shape of the side panels and location of the B-pillar relative to the drivers head, and the location and shape of the ROPS.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been lurking and becoming educated and there are many on here with a great deal of knowledge on this forum.

When the camo test mules were running about, there were pages of thoughts on the wheelbase and overall length of the vehicle.

Have those specifications been defined somewhere? I saw a thread with the ladder by the vehicle picture....but still nothing that I saw which was definitive.....did I miss it?
Thanks

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 2, Lexus GS450h
Not to mention structural integrity
Structural integrity would be worse With one extremely long door each side which is what you want.
Im really glad Ford is not going in such a niche direction With the two door Bronco, as it would be a massive failure. They would probably not sell a single one.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...Have those specifications been defined somewhere? I saw a thread with the ladder by the vehicle picture....but still nothing that I saw which was definitive.....did I miss it?
Thanks
No official info from Ford, but we've arrived at the same numbers (~96 and 112") so many times I don't think anyone really disputes them as probable.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No official info from Ford, but we've arrived at the same numbers (~96 and 112") so many times I don't think anyone really disputes them as probable.
Hello. New here. Very interested in the 2 door dimensions (overall length, width, height). Are there are guesstimates anywhere on this site? It looks like the wheelbase is the about the same as the 2dr wrangler. How about the overall dimensions? I'm reading old threads, etc. here to try to catch up.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is what I would like to see... this is coming from a guy who has had one or two Rangers in the driveway since 1988. So I'm pretty comfortable in small 2 seat truck...

Give me the 2 door in a 4 door wheel base... with a hard top. Then I will take a "decked" system with pull out drawers and some tie down loops on the deck platform to secure a cooler and other gear. Then hopefully I can slide a blow up mattress in the back and curl up so I can sleep there when I'm road tripping for my outdoor pursuits.

Then since you have a long wheel base 2 door... lets have an optional half cab. While you're doing that... how about a tailgate. Why stop there... take the roof rack system and integrate that to the body. I would be surprised things such as this haven't been looked at... or be part of the longer term plan.

99% of the time I only need 2 doors and 2 seats. I don't want to buy the extra doors... seats.... trimmings... safety... etc. I do however need some more space then "shorty" provides. I want a road tripping beast of a Bronco... with only two doors.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Based on what we've seen so far, this is probably the closest render to what the actual 2 door dimensions will be:
Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? 1584213855761

Ford Bronco What if 2-door Bronco is longer than it looks? 1584213933338

Which works perfect for me, I wanted something with <100" wheelbase.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Structural integrity would be worse With one extremely long door each side which is what you want.
That looks to be what ford has done. The two-door having longer doors.

l’m really glad Ford is not going in such a niche direction With the two door Bronco, as it would be a massive failure. They would probably not sell a single one.
They’d sell at least one. ?

Sponsored

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not on the four doors wheelbase which is the Whole point of this debate. Pay attention!
Oh I've been paying attention... and "your whole point" is that we are "Dumbos"... "wrong" and we should "pay attention!" to you.

I see there are 5 people posting in this thread that say they would like a longer wheel base 2 door.

I also think you're short sighting this Bronco thing... it isn't a 2 or 4 door... It's a Brand. Ford is launching two completely separate vehicles under this Brand in the first year... and I fully expect to see several variations in the upcoming years as it evolves.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’d sell at least one. ?
I dont think Ford can
Oh I've been paying attention... and "your whole point" is that we are "Dumbos"... "wrong" and we should "pay attention!" to you.
Yes, because you totally misunderstood the point of what I was saying. A two door with the same lengt as a four door With the same amount of door opening as the four door too, would need silly long doors which is what these people are saying that they want. Its not even possible because the structural integrity is just not there.

LRDiscovery2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and I fully expect to see several variations in the upcoming years as it evolves.
Sure, that could be. But it will be based on what will actually sell in substantial numbers. Not som niche market thing.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dont think Ford can

Yes, because you totally misunderstood the point of what I was saying. A two door with the same lengt as a four door With the same amount of door opening as the four door too, would need silly long doors which is what these people are saying that they want. Its not even possible because the structural integrity is just not there.
You are the type that only hears themselves in some sort of weird way...

Nobody said anything like that but yourself... just you. You need to pay attention!
Sponsored