Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just looking around at hardtop headliner/insulation options and ran across the Coverking "Topliner" and i must say it looks really good. I wanted to see if anyone has heard of it or had experience in the jeep realm with it?

I know hothead is here on the forum, and it seems like a great option, but just wanted to share this option with you guys as well. Always good to have choices! I did inquire with them and they said they are working with ford for an option on the bronco.

https://www.coverking.com/amp/more-covers/jeep/topliner.html

Ford Bronco Coverking Topliner, another headliner option topliner-main_1

Ford Bronco Coverking Topliner, another headliner option compare
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fit looks far better than anything I've seen. The others all leave a lot of exposed area around the panels.

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fit looks far better than anything I've seen. The others all leave a lot of exposed area around the panels.
Completely agreed. This is practically a "headliner" over the entire inside of the top. I didn't think it existed until i saw this one. More pictures on the site even show rubber trim strips and grommets for wires. Really nice imo.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My biggest concern on the headliner whether it is from the factory or aftermarket is the adhesive that is used.

I just checked their site and they don't have a 2-dr option for the Jeep. I wonder how long, if ever, they would accommodate the Bronco's 2-dr.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is FAR better than hotheads. I'd like to see Coverking tackle the "additional sound deadening", whatever that is, so I can avoid the high package.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My biggest concern on the headliner whether it is from the factory or aftermarket is the adhesive that is used.

I just checked their site and they don't have a 2-dr option for the Jeep. I wonder how long, if ever, they would accommodate the Bronco's 2-dr.
That's understandable, but most of the other ones i have seen also use the 3m adhesive tape, so I'm guessing we are in the same boat no matter what.

Great question on the 2 door option, i did see that note on the site.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

NOTE: 2 Door Wrangler applications available soon.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is FAR better than hotheads. I'd like to see Coverking tackle the "additional sound deadening", whatever that is, so I can avoid the high package.
The sound deadening in the high package has no relation to the roof insulation kit. This has been covered in many threads.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish we knew what we were getting from Ford. We are expected to order and pay for this stuff without seeing it? Anyone think Dealers will have the appropriate knowledge by order time???

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish we knew what we were getting from Ford. We are expected to order and pay for this stuff without seeing it? Anyone think Dealers will have the appropriate knowledge by order time???
This appears to be Ford's way of creating dealer stock.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's understandable, but most of the other ones i have seen also use the 3m adhesive tape, so I'm guessing we are in the same boat no matter what.

Great question on the 2 door option, i did see that note on the site.
I do like the looks of the Coverking. It looks to be a more thorough coverage than HotHeads. It is likely that the factory option uses the same 3M adhesive. The only incentive to overpay with the factory option is that when the adhesive fails, I can take it into the dealer to fix on their dime.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The sound deadening in the high package has no relation to the roof insulation kit. This has been covered in many threads.
I know that.

They are in the business of insulating materials; I'd like to see them tackle the additional sound deadening. My comment was pretty straightforward

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know that.

They are in the business of insulating materials; I'd like to see them tackle the additional sound deadening. My comment was pretty straightforward
You made it very clear you are talking about "additional sound deadening" as part of the high package which is body sound deadening installed when building the vehicle. No relation to the stand alone roof kit.
"additional sound deadening", whatever that is, so I can avoid the high package.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We use high-quality 3M VHB tape with a high heat rating up to 300° + degrees Fahrenheit. With proper preparation, any headliner using that tape shouldn't have any issue sticking long-term. Did that address your concern about the adhesive?
Sponsored