Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great points. This is the reason why I posted this tread to begin with. I agree with all of your points and I do feel like the optional beadblock with the BFG tires look nice as well. Do you think the $1,000 is worth going from 33” BGF to 33” MT?
The rim upgrade is $995. The Goodyear Territory tire upgrade is $695. I was going to stick with stock tires, but recently decided to splurge after seeing a video on the tires. They're designed specifically for this vehicle, a new trend in the industry, and there's a lot of technology that went into them. The performance should be better than a tire picked off the rack. It also adds to the exclusivity and they look great. For me it's worth it. I want this vehicle to be exactly what I want.

Last note: The carbonized grey beauty ring on the Badlands optional rims looks a lot better than the shiny sliver beauty ring on the Sasquatch rims. So, the rim upgrade will match the Badlands carbonized grey grille much better. It's going to be a more cohesive package.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rim upgrade is $995. The Goodyear Territory tire upgrade is $695. I was going to stick with stock tires, but recently decided to splurge after seeing a video on the tires. They're designed specifically for this vehicle, a new trend in the industry, and there's a lot of technology that went into them. The performance should be better than a tire picked off the rack. It also adds to the exclusivity and they look great. For me it's worth it. I want this vehicle to be exactly what I want.
That’s right. It is $695. So it’s about $1000 difference between that set up versus going the 35s. Damn, I see both points. Thanks for making it a harder decision buddy. Lol??

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s right. It is $695. So it’s about $1000 difference between that set up versus going the 35s. Damn, I see both points. Thanks for making it a harder decision buddy. Lol??
Check out the grille, it matches the carbonized grey beauty rings on these optional rims perfect.
Looks amazing to me! BTW, people on this forum mistake this setup for Sasquatch all the time since the tires are the same, just smaller.

Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? red badlands

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last note: The carbonized grey beauty ring on the Badlands optional rims looks a lot better than the shiny sliver beauty ring on the Sasquatch rims. So, the rim upgrade will match the Badlands carbonized grey grille much better. It's going to be a more cohesive package.
Here is the set-up you are looking at. I also saw that video on the tires. Super cool.
Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? D15AE7D3-A820-4442-ACD9-6DE46E2D9BBB

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tires are an easy aftermarket upgrade, DT and others have frequent specials you can take advantage of when you're ready - and you get to choose WHICH tires, not just whatever Ford is offering. BL has everything I need while I watch and learn the options that come to market in the interim.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is the set-up you are looking at. I also saw that video on the tires. Super cool.
Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? D15AE7D3-A820-4442-ACD9-6DE46E2D9BBB
I've got that photo saved. Matching carbonized grey all around is stunning. Even my wife liked it, but we're probably going with Cyber Orange for the bling factor.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The wheel upgrade is a must. They look much better than the stock with the carbonized ring.

Doing that 100%, and might also upgrade to the Bronco specific tire for more of a baby squatch appearance.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
also, unless you are getting a Manual Badlands or Sasquatch Badlands, you’re getting 4.46 gears standard but looks like an option to add 4.7 on B&P but there is no pricing for it. Would be a good idea to go with 4.7 if you think you might go bigger than 33s in the future.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am going with the Sasquatch package on a 2dr Badlands. I finally decided on 35s for the ground clearance. Anything else would be too big for my taste. It's always a tradeoff between off road capability and on road practicality. Getting the Sas package works for me because it is all warrantied stuff and Ford has spent a lot of time developing the package. I don't plan to do any heavy modding on my Bronco.

LoneStarBridger

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like many of you, I have gone back and forth the last few months In regards 33” or 35” on the Badlands.

It really comes down to what you individually like and I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOOKING UP TO ANY OTHER 35” Broncos. Lol

This is my 50th B-DAY present to myself and I can care less about MPG. I want a higher ride and higher clearance!!

Can’t wait!!! BE READY FOR ANYTHING!!!

What do you guys thinks? Upgrade or not????
My neighbor has Raptor with 35” tires. He changed for MT to AT. He LOVES the AT, said it drives completely different.
because of this I will go with 33” as I want the AT. I’m not spending 60k on a vehicle to turn around and spend more after market.
good luck to everyone in their decisions!

Sponsored

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

37's. If you don't want to look up to anyone. Saw them on a gladiator. Wow.
We had a Gladiator at work with 40's on it earlier this year. Surprisingly drove nice but would suck to climb in and out of all the time.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great points. This is the reason why I posted this tread to begin with. I agree with all of your points and I do feel like the optional beadblock with the BFG tires look nice as well. Do you think the $1,000 is worth going from 33” BGF to 33” MT?
Mark me. You will regret not going Sasquatch for a couple of Gs extra. You’re already getting a Badlands trim. Treat yourself for your birthday!lol.

A Bronco is already a totally unnecessary purchase so let’s not get caught up in whether 2” extra tire size is necessary. It’s not, but it looks better and with the 4.7 gears will perform just fine!

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got that photo saved. Matching carbonized grey all around is stunning. Even my wife liked it, but we're probably going with Cyber Orange for the bling factor.
I saw a 2dr Orange one with grey top and those wheels last week, that combo looks awesome in person. I'm leaning towards it also. I just need to see if I can find an Area 51 to look at upclose this week to help my final decision along.