North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One problem I see with your height estimates is the line drawn from the top of the rear tire down toward the wheel of the front ... not on the same ray/perspective path as the line drawn along the bottoms of both tires.
Hi Stampede, you are correct on the stray lines in my version 1 of the diagram. They were left over from when I was working on some other measurements and I inadvertently left them in yesterday. I noticed that this morning and deleted them when I updated the image to version 2 earlier today.

When I was initially looking at the angler ladder measurements I found them to not be as accurate due to the parallax. I found out one of my most accurate measurements is shown by the blue line from the second step over to the bottom of the frame, the second step is 17.5" high on a flat surface. I cross checked this by the vertical red line from the ground to the frame, it also measures 17.5", so the match was good confirmation.

Unfortunately doing these scale measurements on the Bronco when the photo was taken at an angle makes the horizontal angles inaccurate for measurements while the vertical measurements allow a higher degree of accuracy. For example, I attempted to measure the wheelbase, trying to confirm the 110"-112" that was estimated by others, I got 48", so you can see how much error the angled photo introduces. Hopefully someone on the forum has access to some geometric tools that may allow them to properly calculate things like wheelbase.

It also appears that the body lines and those of the geometrically symetrical tires do not converge at the same point. If the designers gave it a slightly nose down stance for aerodynamics that would make sense.
That is a nice ray trace diagram and an interesting observation about the aerodynamics, you have a good eye.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It also appears that the body lines and those of the geometrically symetrical tires do not converge at the same point. If the designers gave it a slightly nose down stance for aerodynamics that would make sense.
Bronco proto ray trace.png
That is a nice ray trace diagram and an interesting observation about the aerodynamics, you have a good eye.
Both of you guys are kicking it. Thanks for the effort!!!
I appreciate it.
But I'm also glad I don't have the knowledg to do it myself, as I'd probably never leave the computer until the damn thing gets produced and shows up at the dealer! LOL

FaKtor34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If someone could measure the base of the ladder, you could estimate the wheelbase because it's about 3 ladder bases from center of wheel to center of wheel. Assuming it's 38" then you would have a wheel base of 114". That's pretty close I would say.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If someone could measure the base of the ladder, you could estimate the wheelbase because it's about 3 ladder bases from center of wheel to center of wheel. Assuming it's 38" then you would have a wheel base of 114". That's pretty close I would say.
that’s about what the consensus says. ~112-114” closer to 114

FaKtor34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Online from outside to outside someone said the ladder was 46" so if that's accurate and I was measuring by the inside of the ladder it would be around 120" for the four door, so I would say it's going to be close to the same wheel base as the Wrangler four door, but again that's eyeballing it and using information that we can't verify the accuracy of.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have plenty of good side shots of the mules and prototypes, it has been identified as 112" lots of times already. No need to use this poor angle photo.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am late to this party, but: The stated frame ground clearance of 17.5" is actually rocker panel clearance. Hopefully it doesn't have the hangy downy frame like GM pickups and post '06 Jeeps. A high rocker gives the illusion of ground clearance, but actual clearance on the vehicles mentioned is horrible. Keep the frame tucked up under the body like most Fords!
Sponsored