First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually like what I do, but I am still retiring in 4 years at 57....life is short, buy the beach house. :)
And the Bronco to get you to it!
Sponsored

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it actually looks good on AMB. Gray and dark blue work better than black and dark blue.

So AMB is #2 in my color choice and may be the winner based on gray tops looking better on AMB versus Cyber Orange.
To each his own! I just know black or body coloured roofs would put a lot of bronco fans over the top. Opinions...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

To each his own! I just know black or body coloured roofs would put a lot of bronco fans over the top. Opinions...
I personally am on the fence about waiting for a ā€˜22 just to be able to get a white top vs living with that damned gray one.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also - only a matter of time before the ā€œnot enough articulationā€ haters show up but for me this is a great amount of articulation for a factory stock vehicle.....
There is a reason why Ford has not mentioned the RTI (ramp travel index) score, the measurement of axle articulation before a wheel looses contact with the ground. They know what the score is and no mention to the public because it will be lower than a wrangler. They can tell you the break over, approach and departure angles that are class leading (because of the 35ā€ from the factory). The Bronco is very good at fast stuff but bad on the slow stuff.

Only a matter of time before independent testers reveal to the public what it is. Not hating, and yes I still have my reservation for next year. I just know what Iā€™m getting into and it will be limited rock fun because the Bronco will simply not excel at it and Iā€™m ok with it.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Job Description: Savage driving with pre-production vehicles.

Bring me the job contract!

Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a reason why Ford has not mentioned the RTI (ramp travel index) score, the measurement of axle articulation before a wheel looses contact with the ground. They know what the score is and no mention to the public because it will be lower than a wrangler. They can tell you the break over, approach and departure angles that are class leading (because of the 35ā€ from the factory). The Bronco is very good at fast stuff but bad on the slow stuff.

Only a matter of time before independent testers reveal to the public what it is. Not hating, and yes I still have my reservation for next year. I just know what Iā€™m getting into and it will be limited rock fun because the Bronco will simply not excel at it and Iā€™m ok with it.
Yes they have and did publish the RTI ramp scores. Itā€™s been out from the beginning. See ā€œchassisā€ section:

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

It is known and acknowledged as lower than the Wranglerā€™s scores. (Although I donā€™t have those handy).

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is very good at fast stuff but bad on the slow stuff.
What is your definition of ā€œbadā€?

Have you watched any of the Rubicon Trail or Moab videos?

This thing will be FAR from my definition of bad on slow stuff.

OP
OP
SoccerDude

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes they have and did publish the RTI ramp scores. Itā€™s been out from the beginning. See ā€œchassisā€ section:

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2021/bronco/pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Prelim-Tech-Specs.pdf

It is known and acknowledged as lower than the Wranglerā€™s scores. (Although I donā€™t have those handy).
If I recall right it beats the Wrangler with the Bronco sway bar disconnected and is competitive but behind when the sway bar is connected. If we get a cheap aftermarket disconnect it would be really sweet for the non-bandlands buyers.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And?
I donā€™t think anyone is Nader the impression that the Broncoā€™s RTI would be greater than the Wrangler, just better overall...life is a compromise, you canā€™t have everything! lol

And?
I donā€™t think anyone is under the impression that the Broncoā€™s RTI would be greater than the Wrangler, just better overall, which I believe it to be...life is a compromise, you canā€™t have everything...and certainly not all at once! lol
Cheers,

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I recall right it beats the Wrangler with the Bronco sway bar disconnected and is competitive but behind when the sway bar is connected. If we get a cheap aftermarket disconnect it would be really sweet for the non-bandlands buyers.
Nope, Bronco did not beat the JKUR. The Rubicon RTI score is 693 (actual not projected like the Bronco) for a Wrangler 4 door rubi discoed.

Linky proof

Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

... im finally past the Grey is the top; it is the only option what is offered, and in the Base trim there wouldnt even be an option to add the Mod or body color top anyways ??.

My gripe with the MIC (that wouldnt be changed more than likely) all this time is that the rear passenger area doesnt have a roof portion removable also.

... the small humans back there more than likely will mention at least once,
"?? heyyyyyyyy why dont we have a open roof area too?" ... "??uhhhhhhh ... hhhhhh mmmmm, Fordhatesyou and thinksyourugly ... ... ... i dont know"

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty good footage. Is the high and low speed creaking from the suspension normal for newer vehicles?

Oh man, just watched a bit more, they sure did durability test those skid plates :).
My employer had the wisdom of making me suffer with a Transit Connect for a year. That little bastard would creak and drag going down wagon trails to remote locations. Would give it all the onions and point it down the track and hope bounce and momentum would get me thru. Fun as all get out but probably not the best for that particular rig. Always hoped it would leave a trail of parts but the minimal skid platage seemed to do the trick..

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe that score is published and

Yes these numbers are released and they are better than most think!

" The Badlands also uses a hydraulically actuated front swaybar disconnect too for slow-speed trails. Engineer Groves says the big difference between their system and Jeep is that the Broncoā€™s can be used under loadā€”so the bar can cycle freely from fully connected to disconnected mode no matter how severe the terrain. Ford says with the front bar disconnected two-door models to score an RTI of 700 on a 20-degree ramp. And four-door models are projected to score a lower RTI of 620. So, compared to the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited which scored 693, a Broncoā€™s articulation is very close. On a trail, that means the suspension of these two 4X4s should almost be an even match. "

https://www.autoweek.com/news/trucks/a33303175/bronco-vs-wrangler-bench-racing-battle/#:~:text=Ford says with the front,Bronco's articulation is very close."

https://pickuptrucktalk.com/2020/07...yy0xG3YWYWbgYI4y-VfF8G8rBwz3o9k-bq3R53TbXzdGw

Last edited:

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it just me, but at the 4 min and 5 min mark the broncos tend to get a little tipsy........ I have been around jeeps my entire life and I really feel the jeep has much better articulation and less likely to get tipsy.... or at least it takes way more articulation to become tipsy and lose the rear tires to up in the air status......

I don't know guys and gals, I might take some flack for this but the jeep I feel may be the more trail and rock worthy if that is what you will primarily be doing

OP
OP
SoccerDude

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it just me, but at the 4 min and 5 min mark the broncos tend to get a little tipsy........ I have been around jeeps my entire life and I really feel the jeep has much better articulation and less likely to get tipsy.... or at least it takes way more articulation to become tipsy and lose the rear tires to up in the air status......

I don't know guys and gals, I might take some flack for this but the jeep I feel may be the more trail and rock worthy if that is what you will primarily be doing
If your primary concern is slow trail/rock the Wrangler would be the one to go for.

If you care for daily driver, high/low speed off road, mix of different terrains with occasional rock crawling and good engine power the Bronco is for you :p.
Sponsored

Last edited: