Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The optional Badlands wheels ARE BEADLOCK CAPABLE!

And... they carbonized grey beauty ring looks better than the shiny silver Sasquatch ring.
Beadlock capable wheel is only available on Squatch package. Other optional rim is not a beadlock rim, even though it looks similiar. Beadlock capable wheel definitely cost more money!
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why would you do that when u can just get Sasquatch, or even wildtrak
Aftermarket will be better and I don't care for the sasquatch wheels or tires.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The optional Badlands wheels ARE BEADLOCK CAPABLE!

And... they carbonized grey beauty ring looks better than the shiny silver Sasquatch ring.
I've been trying to find proof from Ford that they are beadlock capable but haven't found it yet. I always assumed they were fauxlocks. They did look better, that's for sure, but imo I wouldn't pay the extra price for those wheels AND the 33" mud terrains if I'm eventually going to aftermarket 35s in the future. Better off sticking with the stock 33s and upgrading later.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
" dealer is the best source"- Dealer told me they are ready to pre-stage their 350+ reservations. Asked me if I was going forward to work my current B & P and send it over. Why not-I'm good to go.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been trying to find proof from Ford that they are beadlock capable but haven't found it yet. I always assumed they were fauxlocks. They did look better, that's for sure, but imo I wouldn't pay the extra price for those wheels AND the 33" mud terrains if I'm eventually going to aftermarket 35s in the future. Better off sticking with the stock 33s and upgrading later.

Edit: In the time it took me to figure out this screenshot @Raskew posted the same thing. This is from ford.ca. I can't see the American option being functionally different.

Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Screenshot_2020-11-15 Build Your Bronco

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Edit: In the time it took me to figure out this screenshot @Raskew posted the same thing. This is from ford.ca. I can't see the American option being functionally different.

Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Screenshot_2020-11-15 Build Your Bronco
Hmm, wonder why the American site is different?

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As an engineer, I can think of at least a half-dozen reasons 33" are a better choice than 35" for 99.9% of our needs.

Spouse wants 35s. Analysis over.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took some photos of the wheels at super cel east. Left is the optional BL 33" Goodyear MT on optional wheels. Carbonized ring. Looks like ring comes off but I don't know if it is beadlock capable. (I don't know anything about beadlocks.)

I like the optional wheel but I haven't decided on paying the extra $995 yet. I'm staying with the 33" Ko2's.

Right photo is Sasquatch 35" on Sasquatch wheels. Silver ring
Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 4.28.13 PM

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took some photos of the wheels at super cel east. Left is the optional BL 33" Goodyear MT on optional wheels. Carbonized ring. Looks like ring comes off but I don't know if it is beadlock capable. (I don't know anything about beadlocks.)

I like the optional wheel but I think you
Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 4.28.13 PM
have to get the Goodyear 33" tire to get the optional wheel. I prefer the KO2 AT'S

Right photo is Sasquatch 35" on Sasquatch wheels. Silver ring
The website says these wheels are available with the Badlands, with the Goodyear M/T. But you can add it a la carte - it doesn't force you to move off the "stock" KO2s. I am assuming that's a B&P error.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The website says these wheels are available with the Badlands, with the Goodyear M/T. But you can add it a la carte - it doesn't force you to move off the "stock" KO2s. I am assuming that's a B&P error.
I was wondering about that. B&P shows that you have to get the upgraded wheel if you get the 33" Goodyear tire. But it allows you to get the either the base wheels or the upgrade wheels with the standard Ko2 tires. I don't know - could be an error that lets the B&P get the upgrade wheel with the KO2's.

rand442002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree - the wheels/tires in the photo above total approx. $1600. Squatch is another $800 over that. And other than 2" larger tires, and bumpstops, we don't know what we're paying for with that $800. It's not all tires, obviously.

Hopefully Ford can share a bit more info.
When I look on the Ford performance site, the raptor beadlock wheel kits were $780 EACH x 4 is $3,120. Seeing as how they're both for "35 tires, I'd estimate a similar price. Seems outrageous to me but that's what's there. Don't forget about gearing too because you're getting the 4.7 gearing with the squatch. Not sure what an aftermarket re-gear costs between parts and labor but I feel it might justify $800. I could be totally off on that though, I've never had it done so perhaps someone with experience could chime in.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do 35s look great on 2 and 4 doors? You bet! However, have you ever driven or rode in a 35” 4 wheeler? You’d be shocked once you stand next to them how high they are. Then think of climbing in and out each time.

33 ATs are perfect for me and my lifestyle. I like the optional 33” rims but do NOT want the MT tires so don’t think the upgrade is worth the cash.

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't forget about gearing too because you're getting the 4.7 gearing with the squatch. Not sure what an aftermarket re-gear costs between parts and labor but I feel it might justify $800. I could be totally off on that though, I've never had it done so perhaps someone with experience could chime in.
You can select 4.7 gearing on Badlands without going Sasquatch.
Sponsored