First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No issue with going without doors in Vermont - like elsewhere it's all about the mirror.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't done any reading on this for Michigan since getting my Jeep, but I believe all you need here is a driver's side mirror and one additional rear facing mirror. So basically you could run exterior mirrors and no center rearview, or a center and driver's side. My mustang only has a driver's side and center rear view mirrors, but it came from the factory this way. My Jeep only has a driver's side and center when I have soft doors on, and the same when I have no doors if I feel like adding my hinge mirror (doesn't happen often anymore).

I think that the law allows for the removal of doors only on those that were meant to do so, but that could have beens someone's interpretation I read on a Jeep forum. Either way, I have never had issues with no doors and being short on mirrors here and I have driven around plenty of police officers this way and even talked to some of them about my Jeep. I think as long as you aren't driving like a jerk or being blatantly reckless, most police in my area (from my experience) really like Jeeps and leave you alone.

I would hop on local Jeep forums to double check what you can get away with. I don't see it being a huge issue and I would expect most police to give a warning if they stop you at all.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe read it again before spreading misinformation while acting smug...
Maybe you can point it out to me since I've read it twice and dont see anywhere it says doors are required if the roof is off.

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe you can point it out to me since I've read it twice and dont see anywhere it says doors are required if the roof is off.
It was also written in the article mentioned previously but here is a more official source...

https://casetext.com/regulation/pen...nger-cars-and-light-trucks/section-17577-body

(f)Doors. A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with doors of a type used as original equipment. The doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side. Tailgates, except on vehicles where the tailgate gives access to the passenger compartment, may be replaced with wood planking, nets or other material that will prevent loss of load. Tailgates may be removed when optional equipment, for example a truck camper, is added.
67 Pa. Code § 175.77

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was also written in the article mentioned previously but here is a more official source...

https://casetext.com/regulation/pen...nger-cars-and-light-trucks/section-17577-body

(f)Doors. A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with doors of a type used as original equipment. The doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side. Tailgates, except on vehicles where the tailgate gives access to the passenger compartment, may be replaced with wood planking, nets or other material that will prevent loss of load. Tailgates may be removed when optional equipment, for example a truck camper, is added.
67 Pa. Code § 175.77
Thank you for proving my point

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for proving my point
Okay so you think you can interpret the law to your liking. Got it, let me know how that works out for ya.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

67 Pa. Code § 175.77
I believe the underlined is what they're talking about. I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like it could be interpreted a few ways and where the confusion comes in.
Sponsored