Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so after all that's said and done, does the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 need an oil "CATCH CAN"?
Sponsored

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
only thing I can't stand on this engine is why did they use a plastic oil pan? Just why?
Plastic transmission pan on the Ranger too. ?
And I could be mistaken, but I don't think there's transmission drain plug either ?.

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just curious if the drain plug and threads are plastic on plastic or steel on steel thread insert in the plastic pan . Also regarding water pump can you just replace the pump or does the whole IFC cover have to be replaced ?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol try them drizzled with olive oil ,garlic ,salt pepper ,and finish with a squirt of fresh lemon ! Gf was forced to eat them as a kid and wouldnt touch them till she tried these?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
drain plug looks like this:

Ford Bronco Ford 1605487651523

Just curious if the drain plug and threads are plastic on plastic or steel on steel thread insert in the plastic pan . Also regarding water pump can you just replace the pump or does the whole IFC cover have to be replaced ?

Sponsored

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lego makes a drain plug ;( ? ....we are doomed.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look, I had an oil pan rust out I kid you not, on a toyota. How does an oil pan rust? No one knows. Stuff happens.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

only thing I can't stand on this engine is why did they use a plastic oil pan? Just why?
Iā€™m assuming you havenā€™t spent much time on B&P. If you have youā€™d see the limits of the ā€œmid sizeā€ bronco classification has caused everything to be lightened as much as possible. If you got the metal oil pan, youā€™d need to give up something else. Like, say the 12ā€ screen option. Or perhaps the bronco decals out back. The black painted horse is 2.5 grams lighter than the chrome plated one. Also did you not hear about no extra cup holders with Sasquatch package? Think about what the extra 64 fluid oz of Mountain Dew will do to the center of gravity! Roll over crazy! I just wish they could have perfected the Polly propylene engine block so I could squeeze in a set off roof rails with my squached black diamond 2.7.

Well at least my model comes with metal bash plates to protect my rig!
Oh wait- Mike Levine just tweeted all bash plates on MY 21 will be produced with the highest quality balsa wood known to man ?