Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where specifically does it say that in writing?
Here is the is the official Bronco press release on specs. This will settle the beadlock question on optional 17 wheels on the Badlands.

1605481517246.png

33" Goodyear territory 285/70R17
17x8 beadlock-capable carbonized ring

35" Goodyear territory 315/ 70R17
17x8.5 beadlock-capable black alloy ring or warm alloy ring
The post by @jclaypool83 shows that they are beadlock-capable. However, @LEGEND has insights into this that we don't. Very confusing.
Sponsored

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If that's the case, then you better tell the others on this thread because the misinformation is getting out of hand lol.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ok, but if you are looking for the differences between BD and BL it is a key difference, and why if I go BD it will be Squatched.

What we really don’t know is besides the Bilsteins and springs, what else in the front suspension is different? The track width is the same, yet the BL is 0.4” wider. I’d guess that is wheel & tire width.

F6145327-0A06-459B-A29A-E7568DECF705.jpeg

D6516802-AE21-4C9A-870F-7A31CE1577E9.jpeg
Interestingly the track width on the Squatch is 1.9” wider. Does different wheel backspacing account for track width differences or is there a difference in the upper and lower control arms?
If that was the case, the BL would have a different track width than the Base-OB. So it has to be the center of the wheel. If you added the 1/2” on the Squatch wheel width just to the outside on both sides it would widen the track 1/2” (1/4” per side). So where does the extra 1.4” of track width come from?

either a) Squatch has wider control arms, or b) the wheels have 1” less offset (moving them both out 1”).

I really wish Ford would be very specific on this for Badlands buyers (the very people who are likely to be most specific on things like lifts).
Hey - anybody know why the track is 1.9" wider on the Sasquatch? Is it .95" less offset on the 17 x 8.5's or is there a difference in control arms?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Edit: In the time it took me to figure out this screenshot @Raskew posted the same thing. This is from ford.ca. I can't see the American option being functionally different.

Screenshot_2020-11-15 Build Your Bronco.png
WTF - the same wheels are a $995 option in the US: Isn't $700 CAD like $535 USD?

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you mean the whole rim is not capable or the beauty rings need to be switched out for real bead locks?

Sponsored

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: In the time it took me to figure out this screenshot @Raskew posted the same thing. This is from ford.ca. I can't see the American option being functionally different.

Screenshot_2020-11-15 Build Your Bronco.png
On the US site only the sasquatch wheel is Beadlock capable. I have to believe this is an error just not sure if the US or CA site is right.

BL Wheels.JPG

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone with experience comment on the idea of getting sasquatch but immediately swapping the MTs for ATs in order to get a more comfortable and quieter ride?

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone with experience comment on the idea of getting sasquatch but immediately swapping the MTs for ATs in order to get a more comfortable and quieter ride?
I’ve switched tires before but never in a way that most would consider a downgrade. I would ask your dealer and reach out to a couple tire shops and see who gives you the best deal. I have always just sold the takeoffs on my own. You should be able to get them off your hands pretty quick if they are reasonably priced or recoup the majority of the cost if you are willing to sit on them for a bit. I went from an AT to a Baja tire and had them sold on Craigslist for 75% of retail before I even picked up the truck.

Sponsored

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve switched tires before but never what most would consider a downgrade. I would ask your dealer and reach out to a couple tire shops and see who gives you the best deal. I have always just sold the takeoffs on my own. You should be able to get them off your hands pretty quick if they are reasonably priced or recoup the majority of the cost if you are willing to sit on them for a bit. I went from an AT to a Baja tire and had them sold on Craigslist for 75% of retail before I even picked up the truck.
As far as the ride itself goes, what are your thoughts? Is there a significant difference in comfort and noise when going from the MTs to ATs?

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like many of you, I have gone back and forth the last few months In regards 33” or 35” on the Badlands.

It really comes down to what you individually like and I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOOKING UP TO ANY OTHER 35” Broncos. Lol

This is my 50th B-DAY present to myself and I can care less about MPG. I want a higher ride and higher clearance!!

Can’t wait!!! BE READY FOR ANYTHING!!!

What do you guys thinks? Upgrade or not????
2 door, you will be ok with 33's, but 4 door i think 35s is a must becoz those 33s apprear too small and the look kinda sucks
Sponsored