Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Full screen Carplay on the 12"? I'm not seeing that on the video.
If that's the case that would make for a crazy large carplay screen. Which then would make me want the high package.

But, I need to see that in action first (Actually expanding the carplay screen).
I'm saying it doesn't go fullscreen Apple Carplay, it's windowed into the 3/4 space that Ford software assigns to it. I want full screen CarPlay and the video does not show that.

You see how he touches the button here? Thats him maximizing the large screen to be full screen. Its not specifically car play hes maximizing but can be surmised that you can maximize any screen, hiding the side screen

Ford Bronco SYNC 4 hands on demo with the 12" screen (2021 F-150) Screenshot_20201116-122753_Edge

This here shows how you can move any side screen, to the larger screen. Then with the step above, you can maximize the larhe screen to be full screen

Ford Bronco SYNC 4 hands on demo with the 12" screen (2021 F-150) Screenshot_20201116-122936_Edge
Sponsored

Bukin67

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco Baja racer "The Bukin'eer"
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like it so far. Thanks for the vid

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know what the actual screen resolutions are of the 8 and 12" screens?

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK so there is no getting the 12" screen on a Black Diamond? I dunno, I mean I will live without it, but this business of keeping the good options out of certain models is bad customer service at the very least. You can buy a Porsche with any option at any level. Maybe the B&P update will fix this?

X-

Reactions: P.C

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm saying it doesn't go fullscreen Apple Carplay, it's windowed into the 3/4 space that Ford software assigns to it. I want full screen CarPlay and the video does not show that.
I
OK so there is no getting the 12" screen on a Black Diamond? I dunno, I mean I will live without it, but this business of keeping the good options out of certain models is bad customer service at the very least. You can buy a Porsche with any option at any level. Maybe the B&P update will fix this?

X-
Thats why Porshe cost the money they do.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had some time to spend with the 12" screen on the new 2021 F150 and it is amazing! Very quick and easy to use, for sure will be getting it on my Bronco.

stayed at that Marriott in Glenwood springs many times. Such a cool
Area, and a great jumping off point to explore many others. Good place to start exploring with the Bronco!

john.noonan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is CarPlay/Android Auto seriously unable to go full screen? I just read another comment that makes it sound like CarPlay can be maximized. I sure hope so.

Last edited:

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

seems fine but def not as much of a need as first thought. Def want it but then my 2.7 base squatch gets way more expensive lol

Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really wish manufacturers would go back to analog and leave the screens out of the car or at least give us an option to not have it. All I care about is being able to stream music. The nav on phones work way better. These screens don't age well in cars and the manufacturers aren't going to keep up with the third party market.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a comically large winch sitting in your way

Ford Bronco SYNC 4 hands on demo with the 12" screen (2021 F-150) Screenshot_20201116-122936_Edge
That is so bad, it really is a non-starter for both the high AND the winch.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

seems fine but def not as much of a need as first thought. Def want it but then my 2.7 base squatch gets way more expensive lol
According to the B&P, Synch 4 comes on ALL models - even the non-sasquatch Base.

Check out the "Radio Type".

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really wish manufacturers would go back to analog and leave the screens out of the car or at least give us an option to not have it. All I care about is being able to stream music. The nav on phones work way better. These screens don't age well in cars and the manufacturers aren't going to keep up with the third party market.
Have you heard of carplay or Android auto?
Essentially puts your phone on the big screen in as minimally invasive of a way as possible

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is CarPlay/Android Auto seriously unable to go full screen? I just read another comment that makes it sound like CarPlay can be maximized. I sure hope so.
It's just a WAG from a previous poster. No reason to think that they would implement such a limitation.
Sponsored