Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as the ride itself goes, what are your thoughts? Is there a significant difference in comfort and noise when going from the MTs to ATs?
With a true mud terrain yeah there is a huge difference especially in noise. With these max traction tires that in my opinion look less aggressive than the AT tires I seriously doubt there will be much of a difference. Driving on big tires is always a little different though so you might roll it off the lot and be like what the hell is this. My plan is to run the tires when they wear out and then decide, unless they are really bad.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting visual look at Squatch vs non-Squatch 2 door Badlands:

Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Slide1

i.e., the suspension height from the wheel to the top of the flare looks to be the same.

This lends more credence to the suspension being the same.

AND this brings up more questions about why that 4 door overland concept had so little wheel travel space ...

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting visual look at Squatch vs non-Squatch 2 door Badlands:

Slide1.jpeg

i.e., the suspension height from the wheel to the top of the flare looks to be the same.

This lends more credence to the suspension being the same.

AND this brings up more questions about why that 4 door overland concept had so little wheel travel space ...
except these photos are from different perspectives and distances so this means nothing.

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are WRONG buddy. Please stop spreading incorrect information!
Look at page 2 in the WHEELS section!

Badlands optional wheels ARE BEADLOCK CAPABLE
I have seen that preliminary sheet from July 14 2020 and it may be correct, if so I stand corrected! Until its confirmed on B&P or until ordering time, I cant assume it’s an option. Also states that the Sasquatch has optional warm alloy beauty ring (where is that in B&P?), I know that they are still working on fixing and updating B&P, so hopefully these options are updated with all 3 beadlock choices.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

except these photos are from different perspectives and distances so this means nothing.
The perspectives are similar. I scaled the photos based on the wheel diameter, and anything nearby in the same vertical should scale the same.

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is just me, but if I could do a Sasquatch “lite” with all the upgrades, but the stock tires for ~$2k less I would absolutely do that, and use that $2k for a lift and 37’s.

For a badlands, I’d do the same thing but that’s just me.

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen that preliminary sheet from July 14 2020 and it may be correct, if so I stand corrected! Until its confirmed on B&P or until ordering time, I cant assume it’s an option. Also states that the Sasquatch has optional warm alloy beauty ring (where is that in B&P?), I know that they are still working on fixing and updating B&P, so hopefully these options are updated with all 3 beadlock choices.
I wanted to add, as of right now it does look like the FE & WT get the black beauty ring and the Squatch gets the warm alloy beauty ring! Maybe the Badlands will have the optional carbonized beauty ring, but according to that preliminary spec sheet it looks like its going to be a 8” rim, instead of the 8.5” rim.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Truth be told, there is only a tiny chance I'll ever get a Warthog, but 99% change I'll get a Badlands w/33s. :)
I have a question for you as you seem to be pretty well versed on the nuances of the different wheel/tire considerations. I am trying to finalize my build, which is either BL or OBX. My question for you is this, if I get the SASQ package with either trim and I find that the 35s are a bit much relative to mph, noise, ride quality, etc., can I shift to 33s when the 35s wear out and need replacement? If so what are the considerations to keep in mind?

Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do you believe these prices will go up?
Because their early surveys indicated the price for V6 would be higher, and all other options are exactly priced at what the survey said.

Also, I haven't done this yet but at a glance the math doesn't appear to work out with the price of a fully optioned Badlands vs. the First Edition. They are identical on the Bronco Sport, so i would expect the same on Bronco.

I admit that I haven't done a detailed comparison of survey vs. actual options, I'm just going off of memory. Again, I also haven't done a detailed comparison Badlands vs. FE.

Just going off of gut feel, so somebody prove me wrong please.

jwmach1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2013 Wrangler, 2006 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can select 4.7 gearing on Badlands without going Sasquatch.
I understood that Badlands gets 4.7 in the rear and badsquatch adds 4.7 in the front. (Because I'm getting manual BL)

Last edited: