Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm well passed the need for car seats, but what vehicle produced today doesn't have the latch system? Why are they even using the seatbelt? Does the Bronco, not have the latches, or is it that an old recycled car seat?
Not that it matters a ton, but why no hooks for the child seat. I thought they were standard by now.
It has the LATCH system. By law it needs to have it, and even if it didn't there's no way Ford put in the upper tether anchor without the lower anchors. I'm sure whoever was doing the pictures just didn't connect the lower hooks.
Sponsored

BroncoGator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recommend the seat protectors you lay down between the carseat and the actual leather/vinyl/whatever. Not just for spills, but a lot of carseats have sharp edges that will indent the seat material.
It is highly discouraged to use any devices that were not included with your car seat. These can cause the seat to move in an accident.

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is highly discouraged to use any devices that were not included with your car seat. These can cause the seat to move in an accident.
If you've got the car seat anchored to the 3 LATCH points correctly, how is the seat going to move? Surely you don't imagine that the friction of the child's car seat against the vehicles seat cushion is what's holding the seat in place in an accident?

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Having 3 kids I'm pretty well versed in car seats over the past 7-8 years. Looking at the Even Flo seat reach all the way to the edge of the Bronco seat bottom tells me those rear seat bottoms in the Bronco are relatively short. I sure hope they recline or they may feel like an old jump seat.

Congrats to all the new moms & dads who will be reading this thread! I would definitely suggest buying or DIY padded seat covers to protect the Bronco seats from permanent dents/impressions from the child car seats.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmm, car seat = extra rear cupholders!!! ?
Heck yeah. I use my daughter's as extra cup holders sometimes.

And the rare times she kicks my seat I give her the stare and she straightens up right away.

4BEAA935-2C80-42F5-8A24-AD89F9881797.jpeg

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You only use latch to a certain weight then switch to seat belt
I think the limit is about 65-70 lbs. (kid + car seat weight). Avg. car seat is about 20 lbs. That means your kid can go up to 45 lbs. and still use the latch system.

Hell, all of my kids were in booster seats by the time they were over 40 lbs.

Still the question exists, does the Bronco have a latch system?

See above that the latch system is standard. Seems goofy to use the seat belt.

jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everytime they post “ask us questions” I have sent in show us a rear facing child seat in the bronco. Glad they finally did what they said they would.

BroncoPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger FX4 Level II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would rather see different colors, trims, interior pictures anything would be more valid to pursue a purchase than this ...
I couldn't disagree more with you. I'm a soon-to-be father and the fit of a car seat is crucial to me. In fact, it will make or break the buy decision.

The fitment of a car seat determines the safety of the child in a lot of ways. There is NOTHING more important than child safety, and any parent will tell you the same thing.

I've been waiting for posts about child seat fitment since the day the Bronco was unveiled.

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry if this was already answered but what about hard point seat attachments for a car seat. These are pretty standard in most new vehicles and always seem more secure (less seat wobble) than the belt option.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im glad I dont need a 4 door or a car seat. :cool:

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the limit is about 65-70 lbs. (kid + car seat weight). Avg. car seat is about 20 lbs. That means your kid can go up to 45 lbs. and still use the latch system.

Hell, all of my kids were in booster seats by the time they were over 40 lbs.

Still the question exists, does the Bronco have a latch system?

See above that the latch system is standard. Seems goofy to use the seat belt.
I thought one of my seats said 35, but maybe I am thinking lower limits. I'll look later.

Hell my 14 day old just weighed in at 10lbs so 40 maybe just around the corner

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I couldn't disagree more with you. I'm a soon-to-be father and the fit of a car seat is crucial to me. In fact, it will make or break the buy decision.

The fitment of a car seat determines the safety of the child in a lot of ways. There is NOTHING more important than child safety, and any parent will tell you the same thing.

I've been waiting for posts about child seat fitment since the day the Bronco was unveiled.
Youre right safety is important so maybe consider a Toyota Highlander or something more family & parking lot friendly .. These vehicles are designed as a hard core off road vehicle to be driven with the top and doors off at the same time ... So if safety is a main concern for you then maybe this should not be your #1 vehicle of choice ... Dont knock me for not being interested in something that really has no bearing on what the vehicle was intended to do for a 50k price tag ... btw save the #1 dad speech for your peers at the mall, it was draining ...

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry if this was already answered but what about hard point seat attachments for a car seat. These are pretty standard in most new vehicles and always seem more secure (less seat wobble) than the belt option.
Ford Bronco Child seat installed in a 2021 Bronco 4-Door (photos) 1605565414458

mr. snuffleupagus

Badlands
First Name
Brandt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has the LATCH system. By law it needs to have it, and even if it didn't there's no way Ford put in the upper tether anchor without the lower anchors. I'm sure whoever was doing the pictures just didn't connect the lower hooks.
Question answered!! Latch systems required by law and @Judge Rufus I eat paint chips for breakfast :cool:
Sponsored