Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Luckily my doors don't leak on my Wrangler
But I hate the wind noise on the Highway. I'm hoping Ford has figured out how to cut out the Wind noice and still have a removable roof and doors.
Do you / does anybody have a JL? I heard the wind noise is less on a JL than a JK. I know it is less on a JK than a TJ with the same tires. Maybe there is hope for that with the extended windshield header.
Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
But I hate the wind noise on the Highway. I'm hoping Ford has figured out how to cut out the Wind noice and still have a removable roof and doors.
My 2012 JKU passenger door has leaked since the day I got it; brand new. Eventually pulled the carpet and swapped to a trek top and it seemed to help.

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you / does anybody have a JL? I heard the wind noise is less on a JL than a JK. I know it is less on a JK than a TJ with the same tires. Maybe there is hope for that with the extended windshield header.
I have a 2018 JL. No leaks. The wind noise is low until you get up over 60 mph, then it gets pretty loud.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My 2012 JKU passenger door has leaked since the day I got it; brand new. Eventually pulled the carpet and swapped to a trek top and it seemed to help.
I have a 18.5 JLU. I guess they fixed the leaking problem on the new gen. Unfortunately they still need to work on the wind noise. Like others s have said start around 55 to 60.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 2018 JL. No leaks. The wind noise is low until you get up over 60 mph, then it gets pretty loud.
Yeah, I have been thinking about getting hard top sound insulation, but I have put up with it for 12 years, so I keep thinking wait and put it in the next top off capable vehicle instead ...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I have been thinking about getting hard top sound insulation, but I have put up with it for 12 years, so I keep thinking wait and put it in the next top off capable vehicle instead ...
I'm hoping the Bronco's hardtop has some sound deadening built into it.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm hoping the Bronco's hardtop has some sound deadening built into it.
I hope it comes with some resemblance of a real headliner. Some kind of adhesive felt couldn't be that hard to apply to a modular roof panel.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
honestly this is a really simple engineering problem. If Heep hasn't got that figured out, they're a bunch of fucking idiots. And yes, I will readily call fellow engineers fucking idiots. That or they are having to design for the lowest common denominator that will buy them, or the poor QC at the factory and their flexy ass frames (that is likely the answer, the frame flex when used properly...which can be a good or bad thing...kind of depends...so I am kinda torn, they may not be idiots but succumbing to demand for a flexy frame)

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

honestly this is a really simple engineering problem. If Heep hasn't got that figured out, they're a bunch of fucking idiots. And yes, I will readily call fellow engineers fucking idiots. That or they are having to design for the lowest common denominator that will buy them, or the poor QC at the factory and their flexy ass frames (that is likely the answer, the frame flex when used properly...which can be a good or bad thing...kind of depends...so I am kinda torn, they may not be idiots but succumbing to demand for a flexy frame)
It's okay - most of my career has consisted of calling fellow engineers idiots.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Other than sound insulation and a more aerodynamic windshield, I am not sure what engineers can do to mitigate the sound of big mud tires at 70mph and wind hitting a fairly vertical flat windscreen and curling up and around to hit a soft top just behind the driverā€™s ears. Factor in the weight limits of a removable hard top, and there you go.

It is somewhat self-induced if you want soft top and big tires. If you want a nice quiet ride there are plenty of SUVs to choose from which would be less cool looking but more practical.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
adding a little more to the mix

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.03.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.03.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.05.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 1.05.39 PM.png
Takes me back to my high school days with my all white '88. Still up on the air with the 4 and 2 door. They both look so good...

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope the proportions are close to this on the real one. I still think the rear is too short. But these make it look much better. I like the white, but black is ok. Anything but body color. When they do that on Jeeps it just looks weird.
Agreed. Just lengthen the 2 door by 4 inches and we're in business. Right now that's what's making me hesitant between deciding 2 or 4 door. Just gotta see the 2 door first

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
or this "baby"

Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 4.28.52 PM.png
How about the gen 1 Raptor's Blue Flame? Decal accents from your other renders with a black top. Bronco R wheel openings...
Sponsored